ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Extotionate Insurance renewal

Lee

BMW M2C

I got my renewal through this morning from the AA. Last year I paid £1,024.00. Nothing has changed this year but they now asking for £1,422.59

WHAT THE F**K are they thinking. http://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/angryfire.gif

Thats for me only, 27, male, full NCB, one SP30, a total loss over 4 years ago (doesnt count), on a now 12 month old 172 with Magnex Cat back declared, with the car garage and 16k miles a year.

Im really getting close to loosing it. One of the few things I give a sh*t about are cars but this country makes me feel like a criminal just for owning one. When you see these people on the news who just loose it......well I think it might just be me one day soon. http://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/cussing2.gif http://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/shootout.gif

Time to make some more phone calls.

If you read that, thanks for putting up with my rant.

Lee (sat in a pool of bitterness and hate)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Jesus thats the same as me on my 182 (1453.57)

Quote about mate.

Who was that with?

172, Tiguan

Hmm, Im 23. On the Cup its £750 with Reno insurance.

Try them Lee.

P.S. you dont do that many miles do you? ;)

bleedin hell!

i pay £1900 on the Fiat coupe and thats a grp 19 car!!!

and im only 22!!!!! lol!!

and the Pulsar is £1400!!!! hehehehee!!!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Try this

https://www.u-k-i.com/HS/servlet/Router/Entry?Fd_RCP=005690&Fd_PresentationId=renault_motor">https://www.u-k-i.com/HS/servlet/Router/Entry?Fd_RCP=005690&Fd_PresentationId=renault_motor

Meg on pistonheads £6995

Im with Renault too: 0870 128 9295

Ive got a SP30 and a claim under my belt - Reno Insurance is £350 FC protected NCB + legal + Class 1 business, BUT Its no 172.

They want £60 extra for next weeks 17s and lowered springs.

Defo try em - cheapest by a long way!

Lee

BMW M2C

So far my best quote has been from Greenlight at £600.00 with a £300 XS

Im currently on the phone to Performance Direct. £955 with £400 XS

I was with the AA. Going to phone them in a minute and cancel my AA cover and join the RAC instead.:D

Lee, my details are nearly the same as yours !

I am 24, full NCB, one SP30, no claims, car in the garage overnight and I am paying £683 FC with NCB protection with Tesco. That is with a £500 XS tho !

As for the quote from the AA....... they are bending you over, lubing you up and aiming for penetration mate as you can see from the other quotes you have been getting this morning !

:mad:

7.6cc :D

Quote: Originally posted by Daipac on 13 February 2004

As for the quote from the AA....... they are bending you over, lubing you up and aiming for penetration mate
Dont say that or hell stay with them!

pmsl Daipac

yeah the extra 800 the AA are charging compared too the other companies is too pay for their "Satellite tracking" system so they know where u are! :p

Lee

BMW M2C

Tesco were £934 Liverpool Victoria were£970.00 Renault were £988.05

Im going to call Greenlight and confirm they have all my details correct and go with them I think.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Tesco tried this one with their customers last year - competitive for the first year then bend-over-and-bite-the-pillow when it came to renewal. By the simple process of logging in as a new customer the quote miraculously came back to something like normal.

AA gave me a quote about a 1200 quid more than I am paying now. They say the phone around all the top insurers to get the best deal, but they dont tell you that they put a huge profit margin on the quote. So you think you are getting a good deal when really they are ripping you off.

Admiral have been pretty decent in their quotations (for me anyhow). I pay £470 on mine full comp (incl the missus to drive, as 2nd driver is free). I think they are on 0800 600 800, thats 0800 600 800...

Lee

BMW M2C

Ive just called the AA to ask about the increase. The women there was really helpful and tried everything to get it down but still couldnt get it lower than £1,100.00 She was very sorry and suggested I dont renew with them. lol

Im just cancelling my roadside cover and going with the RAC too. God Im a bitter person these days. http://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/madgo.gif

Neil at Greenlight is faxing over my quote at £600.00 :D think an IK may be on the cards with the money Ive saved, plus it costs no more on the policy.

Quote: Originally posted by Lee M on 13 February 2004

Tesco were £934 Liverpool Victoria were£970.00 Renault were £988.05

Im going to call Greenlight and confirm they have all my details correct and go with them I think.
Bloody hell, £970 from LV? I feel very priviledged to get mine all in for £818

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Wow greenlight rule!!

just got a quote that was far cheaper!!!

And that was now, when i renew ive got another years ncb and im a year older!!

(the quote from renault was based on the assumption i was 22 and had 3yrs ncb the greenlight wasnt and cost £250 less)

Cheers lee

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Car insurance companies must make a mint out of the honest section of this country.

I believe the reason that premiums are rising is cause the amount of un-insured drivers out there. If they crash in to you then you have to claim from your own insurance in the first instance. Then its up to them to try to recover their money.

In light of this becoming more often these days, they need a reserve fund to cater for these un-insured losses. Its all full circle though cause if premiums where lower to start with more people would be insured and there wouldnt be this problem.

Im insured (barely cause they charge a fortune) with the AA 2 but think come August when I get some more no claims Ill move else where.

(dunno if any one could tell from that, but I work in the insurance market!!)

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by 03dynamique on 13 February 2004

remember the AA are brokers and they do actually underwrite the insurance
Mine was underwritten by Norwich Union, who I wasnt going to go with on the grounds that they have moved there support out of the UK!!!

GR7

Shiny red R32

All of us honest and legal road users are paying around an extra £30 on our insurance to subsidise the 2 million or so drivers who never pay insurance! :cry:

I assume that many of these escape paying tax too, because you cant buy car tax unless you show a valid insurance certificate at the Post Office.

How do these people get away without insurance? Surely in this technical age there should be ways of catching them via the DVLA. Even the fines if these guys are caught, are only a fraction of what their insurance would cost. Anyone caught without tax and insurance should have their car confiscated and they should be fined heavily as a deterrent and made to resit their test!

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Think youll find the AA dont u/w insurance, they are basically broker that tries to get you the best quote. Believe Norwich Union are the same

I phoned the other day to see what the difference was between my 16v and an RS Turbo and they said that the current insurer wouldnt do it but they found some one else that would. Then they came back with a ridiculous quote that was over double what Im paying now.

jesus!!! -TRY DIRECTLINE m8, im 31 with the full ncb etc on a new 172 i pay 500 fully comp with all the extras, i rang about 25 companies to get this quote, the service is brilliant as well!!!

dk

911 GTS Cab

im 27 with 3yrs ncb and got £670 on the 182 from Direct line, they too were the cheapest for me by a long way.

Hippys bus of LOVE !!!

Quote: Originally posted by Lee M on 13 February 2004

Quote: Originally posted by 03dynamique on 13 February 2004

remember the AA are brokers and they do actually underwrite the insurance
Mine was underwritten by Norwich Union, who I wasnt going to go with on the grounds that they have moved there support out of the UK!!!

DONT the were useless when it came to sorting out my claim ??? They just seemed to learn enough english from their scripts and no more !!! USELESS !!!

Im gonna get screwed at my next renewal :cry:

Grrr @ Renault

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

lol i know my car isnt in the same league as your 172s:devilish: but with my clio with a volvo 1.7 engine in it and every thing declared, im 18, 19 in a few days, 1 yrs ncb fully comp i pay 800 quid flat :p

i wont tell you what my renual is gonna be :p

with liv vic, and they said they will insure me on a nissan 200sx s14 with mods, for 1600 fully comp, and then drop the policy on my clio even more as i would keep the clio as a second car. not bad for a 19 yr old on a grp 18 insrance car ;)

Burgandy 174 sport t

best I can get is 1100 fc from privilege with 1400 being the next best with reno!!

this is on a 172 cup, I am 21 2yrs ncb with a fault accident in feb 2001