ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F*cking stupid heap of sh*t

could be worse mate i had a shaft go on my cup so had a new shaft chucked in and the gearbox let go 2 days later... lets just say it wasnt a cheap week as i put a new clutch in with the box

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Lol at driving uninsured, you'd rather lose your license than a days pay? you must get paid a fair bit for a days work!!

Glad you got cover, shame about the vehicle though :p

I'll try and keep my eye open for that Mitch :eek: lol

RS - I get an alright salary but at this current point in time I need like every penny I get I lost a bit of pay last week from the bank holiday (self employed malarkey) I would have happily worked but no the company shuts lol so I'm clawing back all I can

yeah i got told my box may not last long as i put all the little pins on the bearings on the end of the shaft through the box... btw mine was passenger side and it was driving ok till i lifted off the throttle thern went to accelerate again and nothing lol

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
don't drive uninsured or you will have problems (big fine and 6 points)its not worth it

Definitely.

Who are you insured with anyway? Quite a few charge the same amount for a days' cover as they do for a full week. I managed to get my m8 covered on both the Evo and the 182 for a week for around £25. The exact same price as for a single day.

D.

Well after that advice of ask to be put under my dads insurance for a week which turned out cheaper thought it would be best :)

Scrappy tonight to collect my shaft then fitting it ugh not looking forward to this... Never done a drive shaft before an inner tie rod was hard enough!

(Im not mechanically minded!)

Just gonna paste what I put in another post Martin if you would be kind enough to clear things up please :)

Right just to bump this thread up a bit... Since mine went yesterday :mad:

Clio MK2 PH1 (1.1 8v) Im changing the drivers side shaft i've heard no oil will leak, and after separating the ball joint at the hub the shaft just slides out? Or do I need to undo that plate mentioned with 3 bolts on? Or is that only passenger side due to sealing the gear box? and last one... 250nM for the center nut (30mm) Is that right?

Cheers guys

Nick

I probably do it different to most on here.

undo main driveshaft nut
Jack it up
remove wheel
undo track rod end where it attaches to the hub and push it out.
loosen both suspension strut bolts but remove the upper one completley
now remove the driveshaft nut and push the shaft out the hub whilst pivoting the hub towards you.
pull it out the box.

May have missed a couple of minor things but thats the basic part.