ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F1 2015 Next Gen

Not been on here for a while but was really hoping for good reviews for this game from people. Might have to give it a few days till some decent YouTube reviews come on before deciding if I should or should not buy it. Shame really as I was looking forward to this! Like most people I skipped 2014 so that 2015 next gen would be a big improvement.

Goliath I
It's taking a pasting on the forums and social media, at least Codemasters are anyway.

You can make the greatest, smoothest, prettiest, most immersive game ever... But imagine FIFA without a a Career mode or penalties...

Ph 1 172
+1 to the fifa comment.... It is like having o my Barcelona and real Madrid and then only the Mexican league team to choose from in fifa... It kind of makes the other teams completly pointless... So you go for Mercedes if you defiantly want to win.... Or you pick Ferrari or Williams if you want a challenge..other than that why would you pick another team?

Goliath I
Loved playing Career. Starting with Marussia/Caterham playing through a Season trying to not finish last everytime. Then getting an offer from Force India/Torro Rosso where you start to score points, then hope to get an offer from a top team where you can go for the Championship.

Either the last game or 2013, I was in a Force India and due to the rain and Safety Car I managed to win a race! It gave me enough points to get an offer from Ferrari... So I dont see their logic in removing the Safety Car at all.

Not worth £50 IMO. If I can find it for £30 I may pick it up.

I still want to buy it, the driving looks like it's actually got a bit of skill to it and in the wet it looks quality. I just know that i will regret it!

Ph 1 172
Driving is fantastic.... All assists off seems much easier than project cars. When you hook a clean lap up though feels great.
The only thing I would say is if your going to buy this game playing with all assist off and on 100% race distance as you can save mid race. Seems much better then

RS Clio 182
The actual racing and details within a race looks promising from vids - as long as the fundamentals work properly - AI,pits,tyre wear,fuel usage - then theres still fun to be had doing a championship. I can get over no career mode as long as the game works and doesnt have any bugs. Only being able to do a 'short' qualifying session in a 50% race is another ridiculous thing though. I dont want to be doing 100% races and having to do a mid-race save everytime.

Citroen DS3 DSport
For all the game lacks in features it's actually great fun to play and has a excellent feeling of speed. The car is very drivable too using the PS4 controller.

RS Clio 182
Just picked this up after watching a lot of gameplay vids,and realising the actual core of the game plays well - tyre wear,fuel,pit stops all work,good reports about the handling aswell - i can just about get over the loss of career mode,which i couldnt believe at first. The biggest disappointment for me so far is having to do a shortened qualifying session. To do that you have to make a custom season in 'quick race' mode.

Anyway,ive started a season with Alonso,Expert AI and 50% race length.

The first race in Australia was action packed! I qualifed in 15th,after struggling for pace....right from the green light there was an incident - Maldonado swerved into his TM Perez on the straight and took both their front wings off! Then after the first corner,Bottas spun out Eriksson.

I was pretty lucky with more incidents later on as i managed to finish 9th - it felt like a win!

This is what im loving about 2015,the races are so much more interesting and immersive than the previous games. Ive got the engineer talking in my headset which adds to the immersion,and im glad todays patch has added the tyre wear info on the right hand side.

I went to the race incidents screen after the race and it was full! This is very welcome compared to the dull races of previous games on the PS3 - there was retirements but you never saw what happened. I like to see AI cars making mistakes and getting penalties etc. Its not the same 5 or 6 drivers finishing at the front - there has been unexpected results already.

Overall,im impressed with 2015 after initially getting over the disappointments of the missing content....the handling is very good and the atmosphere of each race and track is well done. The feel of the car feels nice and the AI give you space at high speeds but its also very intense racing.

Golf R/Leon FR
Good review mate, glad they've brought out a patch, but it should be near perfect from release.

Also Maldonado's TM is Grosjean not Perez ;)

RS Clio 182
Until wheel prices come down I can't see me getting the game. If it was as expected (career mode etc) I might have invested in one.

I'm willing to wait it out though this time.

Despite the big omission of career,there is stuff they HAVE improved improved over the previous versions - as i mentioned the engineer chatter is very good and involved and also you can watch the other AI cars in qualifying on TV feed,which youve never been able to do before. My plan is to play a few seasons,going up to better teams everytime - see how i improve. If you think about it,there isnt much difference in that than doing the career mode anyway - which was very shallow as it was. Id take these more incident packed races over a career mode IMO.

RS Clio 182
What's it like with a controller though (I'm assuming that's what your using)?

The old ones, IMO, were un playable without a wheel/pedals.

Its fine with a controller. I had no problem with the controller on the ps3 versions either...why unplayable?

Goliath I
The lack of Career mode still bothers me and I find the complete omission of the Safety Car is just absurd.. Every time I think about getting the game the thought of that just puts me off.

But I think what you've suggested, starting in a lower team an working your way up is a great idea!

Goliath I
Thought f**k it, gonna get this today. Walked into Game saw the £55 price tag and walked straight back out. Seriously can't justify spending that kind of money on it.

Think I'll grab the Elite:Dangerous early access and pick up Rare Replay when it's released on the 4th...

RS Clio 182
this is getting pretty negative press. Sounds half finished. As for the character models...Jesus Christ.
Yeah the character models are bad and it has content missing but it no way deserves the 4/5 out of 10 marks it has been getting. Its a 7/10 game for me,the core of the game plays actually really well - but obviously it couldve been much better to raise it up above a 7.

Ph 1 172
Does anyone else struggle to here the race engineer whilst driving... He is so quite I've had to put the subtitles on otherwise I don't know what he is saying... This is on Xbox one by the way

Goliath I
I always find the race engineers quiet in all racing games (F1 2014, Project Cars etc...). I turn the engineer volume to Max then drop the other volumes to around 70%

Seems fair. I haven't played it so my views aren't really an opinion. More of an observation that it's getting negative press. It does seem a bit strange that their first 'next gen' racing title has had a bunch of content REMOVED. I do understand that software is incredibly complex, but this just appears to be a half finished game. I'm sure I would enjoy it if I played it, but that's not likely to happen now.

Golf R/Leon FR
I always find the race engineers quiet in all racing games (F1 2014, Project Cars etc...). I turn the engineer volume to Max then drop the other volumes to around 70%
I find project cars race engineer to be fine as it comes through the speaker on the PS4 controller.

RS Clio 182
I have the earphone in for the engineer and it works really well - adds to the immersion aswell.

Had an awesome race at Spain yesterday in the Mclaren - qualified in 9th and i realised in the race i had so much pace i could 3 stop and still keep my place - i finished 7th,my best lap time just 0.1 off a Ferrari! Ive struggled in the season so far but this was really satisfying and one of the best racing experiences ive ever had - right up there with Project Cars.

RS Clio 182
Still really enjoying this,some of the racing with the AI is fantastic and tracks like Hungary and Austria look great in the sun...im in my 2nd season with Kyvat in the RB - ive switched it up to Legend and im really enjoying the battles in around 5th to 10th. Before on Expert it was a bit easy,i got a couple of wins which i didnt think was realistic.

Here is a couple of videos,first one is my snatching a point off Button for 10th on the final corners of the Red Bull ring,and the 2nd one is my unlapping myself vs. Rosberg after coming out of pits with a set of brand new options!

Goliath I
I really want to pick this game up but I just cannot justify spending £50 on it.

Edit: Just had a look around and Amazon are doing it for £32 on PS4 and £44 on XBOX... Wtf!

Last edited:
  RS Clio 182
Must admit the graphics look really good on them videos. I'm guessing by watching the steering inputs your playing on a pad and not a wheel :wink:

Yeah hehe...never had a wheel. If they can just add a full career mode next year it will be a great game...all the fundamentals work really well already imo..its just a bit bare.

RS Clio 182
Just finished my 2nd season with Kyvat and finished a decent 5th,ahead of the 2 williams. Hamilton won at a canter in the first season and Rosberg won this one easily! I cant see anyone other than a Mercedes ever winning the title on this!

3rd season iam going to Williams on Legend and will be Massa,as Bottas looks the stronger TM. Im predicting a battle with Ferrari for the championship places....no doubt Mercedes will dominate again...we will see!

Goliath I
How are the Mclarens performance wise in the game? Are they matched with the Red Bulls, Williams or down with Manor where they should be

RS Clio 182
How are the Mclarens performance wise in the game? Are they matched with the Red Bulls, Williams or down with Manor where they should be
Manor are down last on their own every season,espeically in qualy. McLarens qualys are mixed,they can be down with the Manors or sometimes make it to Q2.

Button and Alonso tend to finish with around 20-25 pts a season - they tend to sneak some surprise 8th-10ths in some races - so doing better than RL! In fact last season Hulkenberg only got 5 points all season in the Force India!! Nasr in the sauber is the driver who seems to get the best results out of the 'lower' teams.

I can see me having some epic battles with Ferrari and Mercedes in the Williams this season - just came 6th in Australia,slightly disapponted with that. The Williams has more raw power than the RB,but harder to drive - the brakes dont seems to be as good. The RB was a great all round car imo.

Goliath I
Still waiting for it to go down in price. Hopefully I can pick it up for around £35 soon... Probably won't see Project Cars again then lol

Goliath I
Finally got this. Picked it up for £35 in the Game sale :up:

First thoughts...

The handling will take some getting used to, especially after months of Project Cars. You can change the sensitivity settings etc... for the wheel, but not the pad? With the pad you can't seem to make subtle steering movements, its either all or nothing!

I really like the increased chatter with your engineer and the ability turn ask various questions like fuel, advice, hows the guy ahead doing etc...

The feedback in the controller is a bit strange and clearly still quite bugged. It rumbles through braking, accelerating etc... but nothing when you hit the curbs. Also, I played as Ferrari and the feedback was heavy, picking up everything... Yet I played in a Williams and there was practically nothing? Which I'm assuming is a bug.

Race incidents between other cars seem to happen through the race, no safety car though (Boooo!). And what the hell is the 3 second time penalty if you cut a corner? I've been watching F1 for a fair few years now and have never seen such a penalty handed out and this is what pisses me off about Codemasters, just making up there own rules in regards with the game.

Goliath I
They had the Thrustmaster (non force feedback) for around £70 quid at Game which I'm thinking of getting. Not sure how good it is though and the missus wouldnt be to happy if I paid the £200 for the tidy one lol

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
They had the Thrustmaster (non force feedback) for around £70 quid at Game which I'm thinking of getting. Not sure how good it is though and the missus wouldnt be to happy if I paid the £200 for the tidy one lol
The FFB Thrustmaster is definitely worth it!