ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F4R.774 Piston Detonation

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Ask Mark Black at Midland Renault, he's always got something or knows where to get an engine. Rebuild just sounds more hassle than it's worth on these. Sold mine cos I CBA with the headache and not a fan of turbo. Injectors apparently at 90%+ duty cycle as standard (RS Tuning quote)! That's why I got 630s for mine when it got mapped.

@roland rat breaks these a lot, sure he had a forged engine to sell

340i
Cheers James.
Just asking as ive noticed some pistons are marked B and some marked C with mine been C. Wanted to know what difference was. Model year perhaps? Mine is 2005 Trophy.
Did the Laguna 2.0 16v use the same block?

Those pistons will be a *slightly* different size, depending on tool / casting ware from the factory... Measure them up.

Laguna uses the same block, you normally find they're in better condition, due to running less power / abuse.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Read through this entire thread. Although it's been a big headache for the OP - I hope you manage to get it sorted.

You've clearly got the enthusiasm and the determination to get it back working. :up: