ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F4R ITB - On the rolling road.

HBT 172 Cup
Rolling road day arranged through a south west car club, so i thought it would be rude not go down and put her on the rollers considering she hasnt been on a set yet.

Bare in mind on the graph i am at a slight advantage due to running no PAS or Aircon, but a healthy figure none the less, im chuffed to bits :)

201.5 BHP & 168.7 Ft/Lb's

DSC01057.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  TrackCar & F30 330d
Excelent result mate :)

Could do with a shorter radiator though, looks very close to the filter, and the engine seems to move quite a bit. Are you running completly standard engine mounts?

HBT 172 Cup
Excelent result mate :)

Could do with a shorter radiator though, looks very close to the filter, and the engine seems to move quite a bit. Are you running completly standard engine mounts?

Yeah the rad is'nt exactly ideal its a £40 VAG item that simply serves itr purpose. The the filter doesnt touch it though, im thinking about putting some heatshielding between the filter and the rad though still got some numbus material in the shed i can cut up, might try it.

Yeah top engine mount is past its best, and the others are probably worn aswell :p

Rad is fine, the trumpets point upwards more than they do straight forward, screams that does, sounds just like mine ;)

thought so

should be in touch over next couple of weeks once iv sorted my insurance to get the ball joints and dog bone mount

HBT 172 Cup
Excellent result mate, cant wait to hammer you at pod;)

Thats fighting talk jay ;) Get yourself to shakespeare.

Thank you for all the kind comments everyone. I dont think ive ever been to a rolling road day and come away satisfied, but today i definately was :)

Sounded awesome on the rollers yesterday mate.

Damon said you were gutted when I left. I didnt want to get my ass handed to me by a mk1 tbh lol

HBT 172 Cup
Pinch of salt, as always but, is that graph not a little to perfect.

I agree completely always with a pinch of salt, the engine although brutal is smooth in its delivery. There were plenty of lumpy looking graphs from other cars on the day, a stock Civic Type R made 197.7bhp as a reference point i think the rollers were pretty spot on.

Lol Jcs, damon said you went to some mental roads for photos? i need to get down there tbh i hear they are awsome.

CBR1K, F21 125D
Aye, defiantly the right power wise give or a take a few bhp its what it is/ they are always.

Reference, yes Hondas generally always make the correct power, unless its a f**kin' dog.

Any other mods on that car? How do you find the drive without any kind of LSD

HBT 172 Cup
Aye, defiantly the right power wise give or a take a few bhp its what it is/ they are always.

Reference, yes Hondas generally always make the correct power, unless its a f**kin' dog.

Any other mods on that car? How do you find the drive without any kind of LSD

A tuned Type R made 209bhp, had some fancy induction and exhaust system.

No other mods to the engine, although now i know its making the correct 200bhp ball park figure im definately going to cam it, probably cat 421's. Brakes are bigger with carbon lorraine pads and it stops brutally well, and suspenion is stock williams widetrack, its a fun car just need to give it some TLC now.

Power is fine without an LSD, 1st and 2nd are useless in the wet and a bit hairy when its damp but 3rd onwards is geneally ok :)