ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F7p conversion?

Naples 16v
I could have a spare f7p engine on 80k, how viable and how costly would it be for me to upgrade it. What would need doing to make it an f7r?

Upgrade from what?? 1.4??

Quite a long list of stuff you need, do a serach came up not long ago.

To make F7P to F7R you need to bore it out to 2.0, fit a 1.9 D, or f7r crank, f7r pistons, and i'm sure there are more issues.

At the end of the day not worth it, may as well get an f7r engine complete

Sorry re red your thread, thought you wanted to upgrade.

Actually thinking about it it may well be, hence the 1.9D crank

I know there was teh crank that was differnet, and i[m sure something else was too, but i can't for the life of me remember where i read about it

The F7R has bigger piston and a higher block as it runs the 1.9 diesel crank for a bit more throw.
For the cost of boring out the engine you can but a 20 Megan bottom end or WIlliams bottom end.

Naples 16v
what would this set me back icluding parts and fitting? would it be cheaper at BB as they must have done this sort of thing loads of times and know how to save time