ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F7R bottom end max revs

ok wats the max rpm an F7R bottom end can take? ive seen a few williams lumps sat at well past 7k revs with a chipped ecu. i know the megane block castings are different, but are the rods, crank pistons more upto the job of higher revs? cheers

jimbo

There good for 7.5k or so I think with stock bottom ends.

If you have a ligthened bottom end you can go to 8k

Id personaly prefere to keep it under 7k though

Quote: Originally posted by jimbo1 on 22 July 2005

wats yours limited to? as from your vid u go past 7k
7.2k.

The problem is that 270 degree cams like mine make loads of torque high up the rev range and there no drop off. So reving the engine to 8k would give even more power.

is yours superchipped mate? i wanna get mine chipped to match the cams and other mods ive fitted. an extra few hundred rpm on the 7k limiter would be handy.

Quote: Originally posted by jimbo1 on 22 July 2005

is yours superchipped mate? i wanna get mine chipped to match the cams and other mods ive fitted. an extra few hundred rpm on the 7k limiter would be handy.
Nope its been mapped by Hill power.

2005 Nissan Navara

crank and pistons in the meg are more up to the job.

only way to improve is forged pistons with the crank/rods lightened to suit (there is no benefit of lightening crank unless the pistons are lighter).

Ive heard of a car mapped to 8.5k standard bottom end which survived until the oil temps were allowed to rise over 140 degrees and the connecting rods on piston 4 broke. (which inturn wiped out most of the engine).

I think valve trains good to 9k. However the higher you push it the more it will wear you could probably push the whole enigne to 9k for a few seconds and it would survive.

Clio Mk1 Hybrid

know of a tuned williams down here, revs to 8.2k pretty soundly, blew her last bottom end up tho, although this one has been lightened and balanced and had wads of cash thrown at it, runs sound, goes like stink!

Dave

2005 Nissan Navara

id say so....mine goes to 7250 with ease...im sure it will go further aswell.

but there is always a risk a component will fail

have u got the cams for it tho?

oh yes, I certainly have the cams for it... just a case of whether I can be bothered paying £350 for a remap to just run some 1/4 miles and get rid... but it is an option, it will be fun at least. I have BenRs 261 degree cams in it, so as long as it can make power to 7500 id prolly do it if safe... and im almost certain they will be making power there if the Kents do

hey stan, wat does ur motor go like now with big valve head n all? jonboy was tellin me you had problems with the r tuner setup?

jimbo

2005 Nissan Navara

yeah had major probs with it...i cant get any communication with the ecu. its on stnd willy map, and it goes well considering its far from set-up...mapping is wrong and the cams arent timed.

got individual T.Bs on the way tho, with an Emerald ecu;)