ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Failed MOT :0(

Guys apparently the near side front outer driveshaft gaitor is split and leaking....

Wot is this exactly, and how much am I looking to fix this?

Cheers
Ian

Depends if the driveshaft is damaged !! If any water has got in and all the grease has gone then its bye bye D/S !! If its just the gaitor then i think renault do a repair kit which is a new gaitor, ties and the grease !! Easy enough to do yourself !!

Mr2 Roadster

Better that its that one, easier to do. Get it done ASAP or the drive shaft CV will dry out and break.

Shouldnt be more than £60 ish.

My front right wheel makes a rough noise when i let off - ive noticed that a cover underneath my car that protects like a round thing is split and ahs been for a while - its covered in oil - am thinking that this could be my problem -sounds similar to what you guys are describing......

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

illusion-a drive shaft gaitor is about £30 and then there is the labour to remove the shaft and strip the cv joint off to change the gaitor.get it changed asap before the joint runs dry.

fastwunz-sounds like its to late for yours and the cv joint is damaged. will req a new driveshaft.

Just get a new DS from GSF, eurocarparts etc, 50 quid exchange and its much faster than swapping a gaitor.

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 05 April 2004

Just get a new DS from GSF, eurocarparts etc, 50 quid exchange and its much faster than swapping a gaitor.
AGREED !! also rules out it breaking 100 miles down the road !!