ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Failsport do ... Le Mans 2011

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Well after my 2nd awesome weekend there, & after several discussions with other Surrey members as of late, im happy to organise a group one for next year. I know a few other people from CS went this year & loved it as well :star::

Provisional Details are:

Race 11-12th June 2011

We would depart on the Wed or Thurs 8/9th June and return on Monday 13th at some point. This is allows you to get hammered, explore the place, eat dodgy bbq food, etc, without feeling like death on the day of the race - like i did this year (after going over on the Friday) ...

Package price to include ferry, tickets & camping is about:

Houx Annex - £170
Houx - £185

(This is per person-based on 2 sharing a car)

Then you need fuel, beer & burgers on top ...

lemansmap.gif

Both of these are close to the main village, Tetra Rouge, Dunlop Curves, etc which are arguably the best corners/view points on the track. You only go to Arnage at night anyway tbh ... which is a taxi/bus journey, or a blooming long walk!!

Personally, after trying the camp sites down by Porsche curves, you end up walking miles, dont see the best of the track, & its generally just a ball ache.

Some tasters:

epcp_0810_05_z+2008_le_mans_24_hour_series_race+battle_for_first.jpg
LeMans06-Notte899.jpg

Beer_L.jpg

Put your name down if interested, ill be reserving mine at the end of the month, with payment to be made in October sort of time. A deposit may need to be paid now though ...

:D

1. Sir_Dave
2. RichcoopS

ph1 track weapon
1. Sir_Dave
2. RichcoopS
3. Budgie
4. Nick172Cup
5. edewer

wanted to go this year but it fell through! not making the same mistake again!

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Im a go for launch on this.

1. Sir_Dave
2. RichcoopS
3. Budgie
4. Nick172Cup
5. edewer
6. Ollie

B

BigMan

I am in for this too. Sounds like a good weekend away!

1. Sir_Dave
2. RichcoopS
3. Budgie
4. Nick172Cup
5. edewer
6. Ollie
7. BigMan

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
1. Sir_Dave
2. RichcoopS
3. Budgie
4. Nick172Cup
5. edewer
6. Ollie
7. BigMan
8. Saner

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
1. Sir_Dave
2. RichcoopS
3. Budgie
4. Nick172Cup
5. edewer
6. Ollie
7. BigMan
8. Saner
9. Jamesstone

330Ci (Fail)Sport
1. Sir_Dave
2. RichcoopS
3. Budgie
4. Nick172Cup
5. edewer
6. Ollie
7. BigMan
8. Saner
9. Jamesstone
10. Vish

Dave do you know what the total price came to this year? I'm guessing a couple tanks of fuel and £150-200 of booze and burgers? Or am I way off?

330i. E30 Touring.
Looks like it's going to be awesome!

I'd also be interested to know what you spend in total, Dave.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Looks like it's going to be awesome!

Too right!! :D

Dave do you know what the total price came to this year? I'm guessing a couple tanks of fuel and £150-200 of booze and burgers? Or am I way off?

Well, i was very lucky this year in that my boss paid for it all as my bday present :eek: So i just took spending money, ie £100 which i spent entirely on beer & chips ... so last year is a better indication of monies:

700 miles / 35mpg = £110 in fuel per car.
2 per car = £55 in fuel

£55 fuel + £170 for camping, tickets & ferry = £225

Then as much spending money as you want to take really.

I took £100 last year & it was more than enough, although we did go to Costco & stock up on Steak/fry-up/bbq materials beforehand - food is a little expensive out there ... unless of course you just go to the Carrefour in Le Mans town!

Id budget £300-£350 for the whole trip, depending on how p1ssed you want to get, or how many people you can fit in your car to reduce fuel/ferry costs. Which isnt bad when you consider a weekend ticket for the F1 on Sunday is £185, for a race that lasts 90 minutes ...

Renault Sport Clio 182
1. Sir_Dave
2. RichcoopS
3. Budgie
4. Nick172Cup
5. edewer
6. Ollie
7. BigMan
8. Saner
9. Jamesstone
10. Vish
11. Rocky_24 +1

id be very very interested in this, i stayed near tetre rouge in '03, was epic.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
This is a buggering long way off, but I'm in. :D

1. Sir_Dave
2. RichcoopS
3. Budgie
4. Nick172Cup
5. edewer
6. Ollie
7. BigMan
8. Saner
9. Jamesstone
10. Vish
11. Rocky_24 +1
12. Rob

(MikeB may be in aswell, I'll ask.)

B

BigMan

Dave, quick question. Is the ferry crossing Dove to Calais or Portsmouth to Le Harve? Just asking out of curiosity.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Bloody hell theres a few names already! When are you looking for payment dave? Probs get the money by the end of July as the start of July is going to be a very expensive one :(

Not sure tbh, not for a little while yet i wouldnt have thought. I can however provide highly competitive finance rates if required - all i need is your V5 ;)

Going to phone some people tomorrow & see how early we need to declare our interest/book, etc. Dont want to miss the decent campsites!!

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Prices sound good Dave, it's about what I paid for my Silverstone ticket last year before petrol, food etc!

corsa ecoflex
I would also be up for this but only to double up as a passenger with someone because of my medical condition i dont wanna risk driving this far...so if anyone has room in their car then im in

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Was awesome. We stayed at beajour (sp), 3mins to the porsche curves.

You were literally around the corner from me then lol ... i was in a VW Camper, stuck in PZ54 with a load of campervan driving paedo's !!!

Did you get up to Dunlop Curves/Esses/Tetra Rouge and of course Arnage (at night) as well? - true awesomeness!!

we'll be in beausajour (sp) again. i just need to sort tow vehicles and campervan drivers out first as i'll be still taking the meg...

looking at a longer crossing now and smaller drive, the 1800 miles did me in.

start my BIG report tonight.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Little update.

I have now registered interest for a number of tickets/camping via an agency that i have used previously.

As soon as i have confirmed pricing info, i'll post it up in here :D

DCi 100
The only thing I aim to take this year is a gazebo and anthisan tbh.

I don't even know if I'll be actually able to go, as next year is pretty open for me right now, but will do everything I can to get out and to France.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I'll be there, in my own car, stickered up to the brim! f**k tents, no back seats and an inflatable mattress in the back of the car.