ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Failsport do ... Le Mans 2011

Nothing at the mo :(
I may see if Nick wants to come with me :p if so then wickedddd :p

EDIT

Is this price based on 2 people renting the tent spot too aswell as the ferry price? Houx - £185

So it would be Houx - £185 for 2 people to get the tent spot, ferry and tickets?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Can i sleep with you, Dave?

Potentially, although at this rate, highest bidder wins.

Talk of a threeway and in comes Sarah.

Well, I never.

FLOL.

The price of £170 was the price per person for camping, ferry & ticket in 2010 - for 5 days. Its likely to be roughly the same for 2011, but i have registered my interest already in order to ascertain a more exact cost.

It is possible to save a few pence by arranging it all seperately and getting a boat at 4am, but personally, i cant be ar5ed with all that.

PH1 V6
1. Sir_Dave
2. RichcoopS
3. Budgie
4. Nick172Cup
5. edewer
6. Ollie
7. BigMan
8. Saner
9. Jamesstone
10. Vish
11. Rocky_24 +1
12. Rob
13. Tom@JMS
14. Quik99

Hyundai i40
awesome, ill have a think

Thanks Dave :)

need to check boat off island 1st, but cant book that far in advance

Last edited:
  Saab 93 Aero Wagon
awesome, ill have a think

Thanks Dave :)

need to check boat off island 1st, but cant book that far in advance

Thats gonna be one full on, epic road trip just for a three way with Mike and Joe......

.......actually thats completley worth it. ;)

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Right then you gays.

The agent has now got back to me, & essentially, as we are looking to stay in the most popular/bestest campsites, they sell out rather early.

As such, in order to 'reserve' our places, we would need to pay a £40 deposit now, with the remainder to be paid in January ...

This money would be paid to me, & then i will do a bulk booking.

If you then drop out, you lose £40. Simple as that.

Current names on the list are:

1. Sir_Dave
2. RichcoopS
3. Budgie
4. Nick172Cup
5. edewer
6. Ollie
7. BigMan
8. Saner
9. Jamesstone
10. Vish
11. Rocky_24 +1
12. Rob
13. Tom@JMS
14. Quik99

15. Damo_Sport

As this is Cliosport, i fully expect at least a 40% attrition rate now that money is required, so dont feel embarassed if you now wish to drop out - dont waste my time by over-promising, & under-delivering :)

Cheers
Dave

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
I will deffo be doing it with team Ariane next year again! we stayed right at the back of one of the quiter camp sites which imo was perfect as was nice n quiet and me had lots of room,

I will deffo be doing it with team Ariane next year again! we stayed right at the back of one of the quiter camp sites which imo was perfect as was nice n quiet and me had lots of room,

Thats the girl, plans are already being setup now. I wont ask for commitment yet as frankly its too early, not an insult on what your doing though dave, its great your getting people to go :)

my vids and writeup are done this weekend.

get there next year ya'll :D

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
How to pay mate?

Pm me & ill give you my paypal, dont do it yet though, i want to get a wee bit more committment from others before pushing the green light ....

I wont ask for commitment yet as frankly its too early, not an insult on what your doing though dave, its great your getting people to go :)

From what i remember though Naith, you stayed down near the Porsche Curves? Which isnt somewhere id want to be again tbh, as Laura says, way too quiet... you're missing half the fun down there ;)

Houx & Houx Annex fill up in July/August the year prior to the actual race, purely as its entirely different type of epicness ... and its less far to walk to the main area for lazy people. AKA Moi.

haha trust me mate you dont miss any fun, it cant be quiet if its on the track, its at the back of the campsite but no quieter, you tell me somewhere thats quiet during lemans!? ;)

i'd rather stay in Beas again, mainly for safety of car... annexe seems a little like the kids on there have no respect for others property like, and trust me i get on it worse than most but i wont have my car being attacked/rallied next to etc. :)

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
After seeing the way the pitches were set up closer to the front the pitches were tiny n all crammed in, not to mention the mud, we were in easy walking distance from most areas, i wandered up to the pits with andy and it wasnt far,

our camp was lively but not stupid, people chilled out late at night which gave us a chance to actually get some sleep which i know myself n gem would have been nightmares without, we even made some french friends, and people were coming over with bottles of wine to say hello, was fantastic

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

You did what ?

And yes Naith, Annex is a bit Ghetto in places, akin to Beirut on a Sunday night from what i recall. But hilarious all the same!! Normal Houx is far better, you get a more civilised kind of nutter in there ;)

Tbh, when this idea falls through, & no one pays (it is like a group buy after all), ill probably come along with you lot ...

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
1. Sir_Dave
2. RichcoopS
3. Budgie
4. Nick172Cup
5. edewer
6. Ollie
7. BigMan
8. Saner
9. Jamesstone
10. Vish
11. Rocky_24 +1
12. Rob
13. Tom@JMS
14. Quik99
15. Damo_Sport
16. MarkCup

PM as soon as you want the money :approve:

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I'm in Dave_Sir.

I've not set up my paypal thing properly yet, so cash ok next time I see you?

Last edited:

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
I am up for this, will be able to count it as my bday present from the rents :D

If deposits are needed etc let me know

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
UP DATES DAVE? whos confirmed also?

Confirmed people are the same as previously, as per pm's :)

Full details of the trip will be available once i receive them, hopefully within the next month or so now!! Costings should be roughly what i put in the original post though, + a few percent for inflation i guess.

I am up for this, will be able to count it as my bday present from the rents :D

If deposits are needed etc let me know

Unfortunately, our trip is already arranged, booked & deposits paid (in August) - might be worth you waiting for Naith to post details of his trip.

In the end, having tried to organise group buys via CS before, i decided it would be easier to organise something for people that i know very well/see on a regular basis, as such limiting the dropout levels that are usually experienced on this forum.

Last edited: