ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Falkland performance rolling road results.

182,mx-5 mk1,mev sonic 7
delcbr - NK04 YCD 182 - 182.5bhp 150.8 lbf.ft power@wheels 145bhp.
piper 2.5"cat back system and modified standard outlet pipe on cat from 2" to 2.5"

Fabia vrs tdi
Chris182cup - OEO4 UYC ( 182 ) - 173.4bhp - 138.0 lbf.ft Power @ wheels 138.1bhp
Kteck supersorts and Ktr decat,

Fabia vrs tdi
ha ha i do have a 182 its not that much down on delcbrs

could it be my broken o2 sensors causing problems ?

Plummer:
66.7 bhp
46.9 at the wheels
71.7 lbf.ft

Ktec "sport" stealth, Ghetto decat, and an Enclosed Induction kit with CAF.

That actually puts me down on power by a baw hair, but the graphs are smoother and slightly better over the whole range. :)

Fabia vrs tdi
im hoping thats what it is coz a few others were really unhappy with their results not gonna mention any names but the car was white and had a super duper charger

Is the ATW power not usually an estimate taken from the engine power? Or is it the other way about?

I dont want to open a can of worms but pretty much every rolling road reads differently, in my experience of course.

I wasn't gonna say anything but seeing as someone has commented on it already, If I was going to put ny car on the rollers I wouldnt be going to falkland.

My borther had a very high powered turbo car until recently and his car was constantly on the rollers. Those particular rollers only gave a ATW figure and the operator (over 20 years of experience) always refused to give an ATF figure. Simply because there is no real way of working it out to an exact figure.

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
Gaz85 - ST03WHW 172 Cup - 169.4bhp 143.3lbf.ft power@wheels 134.2bhp - Standard

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
which would those be?

they said my car was a fir bit down on what it should be with a map, but i'm not too sure how much i trust Falklands set up. The way the car performs doenst seem to relate to what the rollers suggest.

182,mx-5 mk1,mev sonic 7
yes i agree with the flywheel power being abit excessive from the knowlege ive gathered from different experts in the field for fwd use the power @wheels +10 / 0.9 should be the best approx @the flywheel.

e.g mines is 145 +10 155/0.9 =172bhp@flywheel which is in the normal ballpark for what 182 owners get.

chris yours is 164 bhp. from what ive read on here 182 make between 165-175bhp which ours fit in top and bottom of the expected scale!
the blue civic i calculated at the time to be 182bhp not the 200bhp the rr said.
fook knows?
the blue cup makes 160bhp@flywheel.
the way i seen it 172's make 162 bhp approx and 182's make 165-175bhp as can be seen here
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=417957&highlight=182+RR+results

Fabia vrs tdi
164bhp is fine with me, was looking up insurance for imprezas and evos not long ago after my low RR result but decided to behave and not bother changing things for now

plus the insurance fully comp is around £900 a year for evo and sti

Fabia vrs tdi
he went home , got stuck in traffic and went the back roads home and got a flat tyre

think he drove 20 odd miles with a flat tyre

182,mx-5 mk1,mev sonic 7
at the end of the day its the power@the wheels we should compare not the flywheel.
the rolling road which is within spitting distance from falkland performance is called RJM and i found them to be deadly accurate as i compared the result on a previous car with another operator in southlanarkshire within 2bhp!!!
i did suggest RJM no one commented lol
the figures presented to me where 100@wheels and 122bhp and i confirmed that with my calculation lol
my pal wasnt impressed with falkland performance today who was with me he told them he had a unichipped 106 gti with highlift cams in need of a remap due to other mods and now running rough at lower speeds and all the guy kept saying was superchips superchips superchips and my friend said iam looking for live mapping but the owner never siad they could do it or suggested their mapping or software etc he reckoned they dont sell the place well.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
at the end of the day its the power@the wheels we should compare not the flywheel.
the rolling road which is within spitting distance from falkland performance is called RJM and i found them to be deadly accurate as i compared the result on a previous car with another operator in southlanarkshire within 2bhp!!!
i did suggest RJM no one commented lol
the figures presented to me where 100@wheels and 122bhp and i confirmed that with my calculation lol
my pal wasnt impressed with falkland performance today who was with me he told them he had a unichipped 106 gti with highlift cams in need of a remap due to other mods and now running rough at lower speeds and all the guy kept saying was superchips superchips superchips and my friend said iam looking for live mapping but the owner never siad they could do it or suggested their mapping or software etc he reckoned they dont sell the place well.

They dont do live mapping.
For that, i believe Dastek do livemaps as do starperformance.

But i would be going to england for a true live map i rekon.

On further reading this garage gets a good rep for mapping - http://checkpoint.boschauto.co.uk/
THis is the mapping guy who does that garages maps - http://www.dentistmapped.com/

Last edited:
  Mondeo TXS Bardge.
heres some pics and a vid,
DSC01148.jpg

DSC01150.jpg

DSC01151.jpg

DSC01153.jpg

DSC01154.jpg

DSC01156.jpg

DSC01158.jpg

DSC01162.jpg

DSC01166.jpg

DSC01168.jpg

DSC01170.jpg

[YOUTUBE]tBcp4OU52yg[/YOUTUBE]

182,mx-5 mk1,mev sonic 7
thanks for the video i didnt know it had been filmed lol!!!!
i had a great day good to meet yous all look forward to the xmas night out
:D