ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Falling out with your clio!!!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Well Ive been doing some bits and bobs to my clio of late, coilovers, cup spoiler, wheels etc, and its decided to reward me with breaking 2 bottom ball joints and now an upper engine mount

After ordering a brand new mount from renault for £70 Im ready to throw in the towel with it, I love it soo much but its costing me a fortune to run it, atleast 50 quid a week in fuel just to get to work and back, plus any other outings so basically atleast 75 a week in fuel alone. At the moment my wage isnt great so it really is eating a big way into my salary.

I put an advert on Pistonheads and within 5 minutes I had to delete it as I couldnt bare to be without it.....strange I know,

Anybody else in this sort of situation? Sick but cant let go ha :dead:

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Well Ive been doing some bits and bobs to my clio of late, coilovers, cup spoiler, wheels etc, and its decided to reward me with breaking 2 bottom ball joints and now an upper engine mount

After ordering a brand new mount from renault for £70 Im ready to throw in the towel with it, I love it soo much but its costing me a fortune to run it, atleast 50 quid a week in fuel just to get to work and back, plus any other outings so basically atleast 75 a week in fuel alone. At the moment my wage isnt great so it really is eating a big way into my salary.

I put an advert on Pistonheads and within 5 minutes I had to delete it as I couldnt bare to be without it.....strange I know,

haha ya only ever work a week before quiting or going on sick thats why it eats ya salery mate

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I gave up on my 1.2, changed so much in the year i owned it, most of the engine was new. Then the head gasket blew, and even though it was only £100 to get it sorted I chopped it in. Decided enough was enough.

Sometimes you've got to know when its time to give it up. Perhaps sell it and buy a cheap runaround until your income increases :)

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
why sell it??

buy a cheap run around and let her hibernate while you fix/mod it,
youll love the car even more if you only drive it on nice days.

ds3
mine's driving me mad right now, needs a new clutch, my drivers seat is broken, certain lights come off and on, cd player only plays certain tracks, my clock/dial dash thing is broken.. but i still love it. it is kinda old but i will struggle to get rid of it when i do..

Ph 1 172
lob it in a garage andhold on to it till you get a big wage then while its in the garage and not costing you petrol you can mod it.....job done

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
lob it in a garage andhold on to it till you get a big wage then while its in the garage and not costing you petrol you can mod it.....job done
done that before with my old vts, when it came back out it just seemed slower, good to get the mods done but its no point having it hiden away when I can drive it and enjoy it, all be it at a massive cost

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
My old mark 2 172 is running great ATM ( touches wood) now on just under 114k!

I'd never sell it, I enjoy driving it to much, that and the fact it worthless..lol.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
yep, rang euro car parts and they didnt do mounts for the 172, didnt bother ringing pagey's but thought feck it I want it fixed so ordered it and fitted it myself

Its all done now, I think its created another problem for itself, either passenger side driveshaft, ball joint or bottom arm is letting go, oooooh the joys of a silly low car :(

More poke than viagr
Im in nearly the same situation, finally got the money to buy some new wheels, just ordering some coileys for xmas, finally getting it how i want it after about a year and then all of a sudden everything goes wrong....window thing broke the other day, cd player refuses to play anything and now the ECU has had a meltdown :dapprove: just waiting for something else to go wrong now...:dead:

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
I feel like that, i keep going to my mates its s**t! and there like u got a 2.0l and your only 18 and your whinging...but the whole exhaust is in half! and the engine brakets have broke at the same time! and there's an annoying rattle coming from in the engine bay! Tax is up next month!

I love my car but cba spending money on it id rather pedal to work!

Iceberg Ph1

As most things in life, there put on this earth to try us! Car's IMO are the biggest PITA! Do as other say and get a cheapy run about, This is what I shall be doing next year! My car isn't making me struggle with money, but it does cost a bit more then I have ever been use to with a car, worth every penny though, because it is a great car to drive! Do what you think is best mate..

mine's driving me mad right now, needs a new clutch, my drivers seat is broken, certain lights come off and on, cd player only plays certain tracks, my clock/dial dash thing is broken.. but i still love it. it is kinda old but i will struggle to get rid of it when i do..

Love the colour of your car BTW! haha

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
My 182 has yet to cost me a £ in fixing it :)

**Touches lots of wood**

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I completely misread this thread title and thought it was about falling out of clios and was expecting questions about buckets and harnesses lol

Things can go wrong with any car, its just hurts more when you love it more, which I assume you do since its modded.

182/Bora V5/S1 RS Turbo
My 182 has been good.taken me all over the country with work and only cost me tyres,servicing,brakes and a few senders/switches but then i dont cane it around really. Its had an easy life and still feels tight and drives really well. My mates/wife/mum/dad/bros drive it if ive been on the pop and all love its feel. Its just at 50k.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
As most things in life, there put on this earth to try us! Car's IMO are the biggest PITA! Do as other say and get a cheapy run about, This is what I shall be doing next year! My car isn't making me struggle with money, but it does cost a bit more then I have ever been use to with a car, worth every penny though, because it is a great car to drive! Do what you think is best mate..

Don't see any point in that, a 2nd car does not make financial sense imo. The 1*2's don't cost that much more than any other car to run in the main.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
very true, once you've spent money on a car that isnt going to break down, does decent mpg, tax, insured and test, you've spent the best part of 12-1300 quid, and you may as well have just used the clio

I love it, I know I have it stupidly low so it scrapes along the tarmac but sometimes I just want a break from spending money on it, after spending a fortune on mods for it it then decides to go and break and not give me chance to save anything or go out and have a gd time

I think one or both of the shafts are now broke, possibly down the mounting being that shagged its upset them somehow :(