ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fallout 4

Listerine & Poledo
come on guys, put the junk list in there too yeah ;)

b724366e9bc7899edad2257d153a9754.jpg

1x Steel

Last edited:
Reactions: DrR

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I've ploughed about 50 hours into this now. I've finished the main storyline under The Institute and have just started doing the side quests for randoms.

I've also turned the Red Rocket into a f*cking fortress. No settlers. Just me. F*ck them all.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Haha. I did that too for a while then it just got boring having no one milling about.

I have a few traders set up. Seem to bring in around 100 caps a day for me which is good. Plus I can sell them all the s**t I don't need

Cayman S Edition 1
My Xbox live subscription has expired so can't upload screenshots at the mo. However here's a dodgy pic of my latest Island settlement. It's a work in progress;)

All supported by two flights of stairs which is impressive lol.

image.jpeg

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
My OCD just went fully Nagasaki. Everything on mine has to make sense, structurally. Otherwise I lose my sh*t.

Where's that? I've not discovered that base location.

I've ploughed about 50 hours into this now. I've finished the main storyline under The Institute and have just started doing the side quests for randoms.

I've also turned the Red Rocket into a f*cking fortress. No settlers. Just me. F*ck them all.

Do you mind answering this for me

I've just found Virgil who had sent me off to find a Synth in order to teleport in, am I getting near-ish to the end of the main story line? If I am I will spend more time on side quests as I don't fancy completing it yet!

Cayman S Edition 1
My OCD just went fully Nagasaki. Everything on mine has to make sense, structurally. Otherwise I lose my sh*t.

Where's that? I've not discovered that base location.
Spectacle Island.

I purposely made it a mishmash, otherwise they can look a bit boring. At the back is where all the generators are and each floor is decorated with different lights, furniture, plants etc.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Do you mind answering this for me

I've just found Virgil who had sent me off to find a Synth in order to teleport in, am I getting near-ish to the end of the main story line? If I am I will spend more time on side quests as I don't fancy completing it yet!

Plenty yet dude. You don't reach the tipping point with factions until you have to meet at the Monument for a huge battle.

You have to do this battle with all factions, hence the plot splitting after this.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Spectacle Island.

I purposely made it a mishmash, otherwise they can look a bit boring. At the back is where all the generators are and each floor is decorated with different lights, furniture, plants etc.

Nice one, cheers. I'll have a look for it this weekend.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Yeah I like them looking a bit hectic. Love it jay. I'll show you mine soon. Mine makes yours look small though haha. I'll need to upload a video walk through of mine it's that big

Cayman S Edition 1
Yeah I like them looking a bit hectic. Love it jay. I'll show you mine soon. Mine makes yours look small though haha. I'll need to upload a video walk through of mine it's that big
Was thinking of doing the same thing (once I renew my xbox live) ;)

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Most of my island is covered with buildings and areas. I've spent far too long on it. 7 hours yesterday, eyes were dry as a nuns vag

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
I found the building a bit cumbersome.

Sanctuary naturally became home, it's where I sent the Minutemen, and it was always my go to to drop off items in the workshop.

Problem is, workshops aren't transferable, all junk in the workshop is available to be used as parts for building, but only at that location where that workbench is.

So if you want to take all your metal and wood you've got from breaking down the broken houses at Sanctuary, then you need to have it on your person to take it to another settlement where you want to build. These common items don't take long to fill up your carry weight, then you can't fast travel - so you've either got to carry all the stuff walking slowly to where you want to take it, or keep doing repeat fast travel trips. Was a bit annoying.

Also, in case anyone hasn't worked it out, you can break down weapons and armour for parts, but you can't do it in the workbench, you have to drop the items on the floor by dropping them from your inventory and then go into the workshop and highlight them on the floor and press scrap. Good way to get things that were a bit more sparse like aluminium that was required for nearly all weapon upgrades.

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
You can scrap weapons on the weapons workbench. Go into craft mode and then highlight the item and select "scrap."

Also you c man share the workbench to other settlements. But you need the local leader perk to assign provisioners between the settlements.

Listerine & Poledo
I cant deny that my building skills are shite.
If you want to see something prety, and eleborate, I cant help.

But I do make them good an funcitonal.

Curently 90 settlers across the whole of my sites, not too shabby. But my main sites are now max'd out so I'm pouring my next few levels into CHA points

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
You can scrap weapons on the weapons workbench. Go into craft mode and then highlight the item and select "scrap."

Also you c man share the workbench to other settlements. But you need the local leader perk to assign provisioners between the settlements.
The problem I found with this is sometimes you couldn't break down things you had.

For example, Raider Leathers - if you go to the armour workbench, they won't show in your customisable armour, because they can't be customised, this means you can't scrap them in the armour workbench - but if you drop them on the floor and scrap them via the workbench, they can be broken down for raw leather material. This was important for me because I used shadowed deep-pocketed leather armour and needed lots of leather - and there was plenty to be had from crap armour that couldn't be customised in the armour workbench.

EDIT: Also, if you use the local leader perk to set up supply routes or whatever it was called, it makes it very difficult to get 100% happiness at a settlement.

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
The problem I found with this is sometimes you couldn't break down things you had.

For example, Raider Leathers - if you go to the armour workbench, they won't show in your customisable armour, because they can't be customised, this means you can't scrap them in the armour workbench - but if you drop them on the floor and scrap them via the workbench, they can be broken down for raw leather material. This was important for me because I used shadowed deep-pocketed leather armour and needed lots of leather - and there was plenty to be had from crap armour that couldn't be customised in the armour workbench.

Good point!

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Settlements were cool, and I did make a 100% happy one at Red Rocket because I wanted to Plat the game - but it would've been cool if they made them more useful or needed in the game - apart from an early mission where Sturges asks you to do a few things, you never need to have a decent settlement at any point. I pretty quickly got sick of the Preston Garvey missions where another settlement is in need of help, or is under attack - if you keep all your settlements in good order you'll never finish the campaign because you'll just spend forever going from one settlement to another and protecting it or helping it - got a bit tiring so I just ignored settlements until I needed the 100%.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Only maybe 4 of my settlements are occupied properly. The others I've just scrapped to the point of no return

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Is there any point in having an epic settlement? Or just for fun?

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I just do it for fun. I like once I've got the building complete then I can decide what to do with it be a workshop, living area, bedrooms, random s**t, a bar, trading area

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
When I came to go for 100%, it was the last thing I did, I didn't have a single settlement in working order, the only people at any of them were the mandatory ones who can't be moved - so when I built up Red Rocket I had to use a recruitment beacon and it took ages just to get the 6 settlers I needed.

Getting the 100% settlement was the hardest task the game has to offer.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
You have lots to learn by the sounds of it jack. It's all about those perks. Does make the game much smoother depending which you go for. You also gain a settler every time you level up until the place can't take any more people. I have abou 20 folk at spectacle island

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
You have lots to learn by the sounds of it jack. It's all about those perks. Does make the game much smoother depending which you go for. You also gain a settler every time you level up until the place can't take any more people. I have abou 20 folk at spectacle island
Eh?

I understand how it works, just in principle it takes a little longer than I expected. If you start from the absolute bottom, in terms of all your settlements being below 50% with no settlers, you'd be surprised how long it takes just to attract a few - took me a few hours, baring in mind that I'd finished everything by this point so was just left waiting pretty much.

As for 6, I know you can have many more and it's level and perk dependant - I wasn't trying to make an amazing settlement, just to get to 100% happiness, which you can do by having 6 people, no more, no supply routes, 5 level 3 clinics all manned, and 1 person farming multi-fruits (the only plant that gives you 1 food output per plant as opposed to 0.5 for most others).

Easiest way to get to 100% happiness.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Sorry mate I wasn't being rude. Just saying that it gets much easier when your levels go up

SQ5
If going back again I would of done the idiot savant perk level 1 & 2 as soon as possible. Random 5x XP levels you up quickly!

Megane 250
I left this game for a few weeks whilst i played a few other games and have come to this but really struggling.

I'm level 12 and on the mission where you have to kill ZN24 or something bad he keeps going invisible and killing me constantly, I have no stimpack/food and my guns don't touch him, so have had to go back to a previous save in an attempt to level up :(

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Don't rush into the missions mate. The game is more about everything else with the missions just a focus.

Leave that mission for a while and just try exploring for a while. You'll level up, find new weapons etc