ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

False floor - how hard

Clio 172 Cup, Eunos

Thinking of making a false floor for the boot, something to hide a couple of amps in, then carpet it all in what should hopefully resemble a factory finish...

Has anyone any experience in this at all? Any pointers?

All i can think i need is a jigsaw, some MDF,and some patience....mmmm..

I want to do mine aswell!

Ive looked, doesnt look to hard - Im going to have a go sometime!

Few people have done it on here though - seem to be Mk2 Clios though! Nick R did his 16v though!

Daz.

I got a template of my mates one. Just got a big piece of cardboard, penciled around the outline and used it as a template for mine.

Dnt worry about it - Easy as pie!! All u do is pull out the boot carpet trace around it onto some MDF and then cut away, it should fit every where fine, as long a su put 2 slots in the far end for some kind of bracket under the seats? 10 mins tops!!!

Just done mine this weekend. Pretty easy really, better than i thought it would be anyway! I just used my carpet as a template, but then had to shorten it a bit so it would fit (the carpet goes under the seats). The wiring was the challenge for me!!

Theres a discussion in the ICE forum on this , it depends what quality you want, If you want the false floor to fit tight, youll need to take abit more time over it, especially if youre putting a sub in the boot, then it wont rattle... Not too hard though, the cabling is the tough bit... :D

All you need to do is make a cardboard template, and use that as a stencil for your MDF...

Clio 172 Cup, Eunos

Whoops, just realised i posted this in the wrong forum....

Thanks for the advice anyhow, already wired mine up from the last time i had some gear in the boot before it was all nicked....

So time to get messy tommorrow...how much is that acoustic carpet stuff?