ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO: 172s on 17’s and smart peeps! LOL!

Anyone noticed a drop in acceleration on the clock top end now your on 17s. ive been n em a while, and she feels as quick as norm (i know se will be a tad slower) but whereas b4 it would scream to 125-130ish and then slowy go to 140, she seems to stop at 120!! then rise slowly, the weird thing is its still pullin as she did (i think) but just seems to not really go anywhere too quick on the clock!??!?!! weird? cas i drivin with who are accleratin at the same pace im till keepin with but she doesnt seem to wanna go past 125 on the clock unless there a straight??!! hmmm? Maybe cos of the bigger wheels, altho im goin as fast the wheels are coverin more ground therefore the speedo is thinkin im not goin round so much therefore shows a slower speed? grrrr

any ideas???

Cheers peeps!

what tyres are you running? 205/40x17s? If so, then they are larger in rolling diameter than the std setup, hence the performance difference...

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Have you also noticed that you do more MPH per 1000revs try doing 70 and see what RPM your doing it less RPM than with the 16s about 200 less :confused:

But in all honesty I would change to 195/40R17 as they are a much closer match and the effect is almost non existent.

but the ride is a bassstid on those tyres!! yeah ive noticed the revdsat 120 are not even at 6k more like 5.5 - 5.70k??!!

Astra 1.9cdti XP

I dont think the ride is any different on mine. At first I thought it was a lot harder but after recently putting the 16s back I couldnt notice any difference, it was just as firm.