ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fao All Clio Turbo Owners

dyp

MK1 CLIO TURBO!!
over the weekend i started the job of putting the 480 lump into the clio.

* i have modified the cam belt cover to accept the clio drivers side engine mount using parts of the original clio plastic cb cover and cutting away some of the volvo's metal cover.

* changed the volvo alternator and power steering bracket for the clio one.

* in the process of customising a decat pipe so the turbo manifold can be mated to the clio system. the flanges have to be the same way (if that makes sense)

* fitted a 480 acc cable as the clio one was to short

i am just waiting on the loom then their should be light at the end of the tunnel.
i am not sure if i have overlooked anything so some input would be greatly apprecuiated.

i will post some pictures up later tonight.

cheers

dyp

MK1 CLIO TURBO!!
DSC00080.jpg

DSC00082.gif

DSC00085.jpg

DSC00093.gif

polished inlet manifold is being picked up saturday

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
how much will insurance be (if they are going to know) ;)

pm me the details of age, NCB etc if you like as i am seriously thinking of doing this conversion!!!!!!!!!!

Looks Mint dude

dyp

MK1 CLIO TURBO!!
waiting on the loom from clio_rsi. ordered the intercooler waiting for that so i can work out the piping.

FMIC-550X180X65.jpg

got hold of a 16v dash top so i can fit these dials, not bad for 65 quid, all wriring and senders included, they are gonna go where the 16v dials normally are.

autogauge_smokedgauge_xmaspromo.jpg

these are smoked face dials so when they are not lit up there are black faced.

will update soon

clio 16v
hello,

is the engine a direct fit then? how much power will you expect from it??

good luck with it
Tracy

A

ashy_gtt

Top Cat said:
hello,

good luck with it
Tracy

theres a few lads in the RTOC that have these engine in R5's

on lad Haz from Nocturnal developments has had these results so far

209 at 15psi
wink.gif

228 at 21psi
smile.gif

i believe he is now running 25 psi but hasn't had it on the rollers....

There are ways around the 14psi boost limit on the ECU... :)

dyp

MK1 CLIO TURBO!!
Top Cat said:
hello,

good luck with it
Tracy

the block is the same as it was made for volvo by Renault, you have to adaptbits for it to fit, see my first post

Rb 182
ashy_gtt said:
theres a few lads in the RTOC that have these engine in R5's

on lad Haz from Nocturnal developments has had these results so far

209 at 15psi
wink.gif

228 at 21psi
smile.gif

i believe he is now running 25 psi but hasn't had it on the rollers....

There are ways around the 14psi boost limit on the ECU... :)

Haz is a legend!

dyp

MK1 CLIO TURBO!!
UPDATE TIME.

picked up my polished inlet manifold from the metal polishers last week (only cost me £30)
shiny.gif

*custom brackets made up and welded to subframe to hold the volvo radiator. clio rad fan re worked to fit vertically

*expansion tank relocated to passenger side front strut, ignition coil remounted in a different location on bulkhead.

*custom power steering reservoir bracket made up.

things to do still

fit custom loom (finally turned up)
fit ic and piping
find and fit uprated fuel pump
build gauge pod to fit into dash where 16v dials normally are

renault clio turbo;)
looking good, congratulations:D, i have a project to, look at my k4m turbo. bye bye

Last edited:
  1.4 Clio Alize, Volvo S40
sweet! thats the same engine as used to be in the 440 turbo too isn't it, so it's really a renault 19 engine and box that volvo 'borrowed' anyway!!

dyp

MK1 CLIO TURBO!!
Renault made the engine for volvo as far as i am aware.

all i need now is a an uprated fuel pump, intercooler fell through as the bloke was messing me around so going to source one locally.

Gauges have arrived today :D

if all goes to plan should fire her up for the first time either this weekend or mid next week.

dyp

MK1 CLIO TURBO!!
car is on the road and running just got a few little bits to sort out now.

oh the fun of the water pipes :S

i used the 480 radiator and then just went round the local scrappies looking for pipes which had the correct bends. theworst pipe was the bottom hose from the rad back into the engine. i had to relocate the expansion tank aswell as the air filter piping was in the way which meant i had to move my clifford siren and the ignition coil and relocate the battery to the boot. will post some pictures up soon

Rb 182
car is on the road and running just got a few little bits to sort out now.

oh the fun of the water pipes :S

i used the 480 radiator and then just went round the local scrappies looking for pipes which had the correct bends. theworst pipe was the bottom hose from the rad back into the engine. i had to relocate the expansion tank aswell as the air filter piping was in the way which meant i had to move my clifford siren and the ignition coil and relocate the battery to the boot. will post some pictures up soon

Cool

clio rsi turbo, phase 2
looking good mate, how did you get on with the loom i sent you? why did you use the volvo rad?? the clio one is fine. also why did ya relocate the battery? all fits, take a look.

Attachments

• 717804_30_full.jpg
    717804_30_full.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 269
  • 717804_55_full.jpg
    717804_55_full.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 53
waiting on the loom from clio_rsi. ordered the intercooler waiting for that so i can work out the piping.

FMIC-550X180X65.jpg

got hold of a 16v dash top so i can fit these dials, not bad for 65 quid, all wriring and senders included, they are gonna go where the 16v dials normally are.

will update soon

them dials are mint mate, are they a direct replacement or do you need to modify the holes from the existing gauges?

dyp

MK1 CLIO TURBO!!

FMIC-550X180X65.jpg

will update soon

them dials are mint mate, are they a direct replacement or do you need to modify the holes from the existing gauges?

car was an rsi and i have not got the 16v dialsso i am making a custom gauge holder when i get my arse in gear. i was impressed with them they were about 60 quid for all 3 from ebay

dyp

MK1 CLIO TURBO!!
looking good mate, how did you get on with the loom i sent you? why did you use the volvo rad?? the clio one is fine. also why did ya relocate the battery? all fits, take a look.

i have got a pipercross filter and its much bigger than your one. i couldnt fit the ignition coil where your one is as i have got a strut brace.

yeah the loom was perfect mate had to strip my one to add in the starting circuit and alternator