ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO All South African Clio Owners

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Im in the process of trying to become a Cliosport member but paypal is down but I was reading through the benefits list of being a member and I started thinking that we have a quite a few people here in SA, namely myself, Smileysport, sl*gat, Roastie, Cheyenne (if I can get hold of him again), and Im sure more, perhaps even get Darren from NxGen in as well.

I know there wont be loads of people but having a little group we might be able to tag along with some of the other motoring clubs to their events, etc.

What do you guys think?

GR7

Shiny red R32

Viceroy

I have been wondering for a while, what has happened to the extremely knowledgeable Cheyenne!

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Well it looks like for the time being its just the two of us since...

Roastie is more interested in his Ford Laser 1600 than his wifes Clio 172

smileysport unfortunately sold his 172 when he moved down to the coast

sl*gat I havent heard from is quite a while

Cheyenne I also havent heard from in over a year

Darren sold his wifes Clio 172 last year, but I think he was more interested in his Subarus than the Clio

In Cape Town we have Rock with a 1.6 sport, Williaml from cartodays forum with a 172, and rvonh also from cartoday with a 172.

I met a guy with a mk1 1 172 at the last Zwartkops trax day, but he left early after spinning out on the hairpin (I was quite close behind so that was a bit scary)

That sucks, such a good car with so little support.

According to wheels24 only 30 mk2s have been sold since introduction in 2002. Not so sure about the mk1. That is a very small number compared to the compition. We should get speed and sound to do a feature on our cars just so the people out there can see what they are missing.

I will keep my eyes and ears open for other 172 owners.

Well two is better than one!!!

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

I did some asking about on the subject of availability of the mk1 172 and during its 6 month run in SA, only about 30 were imported into the country, so the mk1 is quite a rare car indeed.

Interesting idea to get speed and sound to do a feature, although I do quite enjoy the car being unknown...gives people a bit of a shock when they dont quite realise whats lurking beneath the bonnet. I think Ive given quite a few Vtecs,RXis, BMWs and Golfs a fright

I got a fair amount of attention at the vw vs opel day. People kept on asking me what I did to the car, and what mods is lurking beneath, and when I tell them that it is stock standard, they just do not believe me.

Unknown is a better idea.

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

I let some people drive my car over the weekend (supervised of course) and I think the exact words used were "Fcuking Amazing"