ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO All You Citroen VTS Fans....

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI
As requested by some members on here, Here is my old (and my girlfriends present) car...

Cracking weeeee car! More than happy after owning the Cup!

Owned it for 15k now and touch wood not one problem!

DSCF3266.gif

DSCF3268.gif

DSCF3255.gif

DSCF3259.gif

DSCF3257.gif

DSCF3240.gif

DSCF3239-1.gif

And yes i did touch up the plastic trim on the front after i saw the pictures lol!!! Wayyyyyyyy to cold the clean the arches today! That will have to wait.

Coments welcome.

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI
Its lowerd 50mm and got upgraded shocks and a panel filter. Thats it...... I sold everything else on it.

That has to be one of the first tear drop facelifted VTS'. I used to own a September 2000 registered W reg one. Second best car I've ever owned and I've owned a fair few.

The nipper who bought my one off me said the 16v badges added "kudos" to the car. I was thinking "no mate more like 800 quid to your insurance policy"

Nez

White Megane R26 F1 230
Thats a minter...

There are quite a few of us on here that have come up from Saxo's. I still have my Vtr, couldn't sell her... :eek:

415918332_aa15996b76.jpg

16v badges are original! Its just they have been splashed on every thing else, people forget they originated on the vts. Cracking example btw.

Ad

MK2 FRS
Nice tidy example

16v badges are original! Its just they have been splashed on every thing else, people forget they originated on the vts. Cracking example btw.
^ Think the 16v badges came very late on in the range.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
vts's r great wee cars i was MEGA surprized when i saw 1 go for it the first time, i was only in my 1.2 tho haha the thing was flying round the bends and i was on coilovers at the time!! looked standard height too so think it was standard

Yeah I too think they came on the ealry cars as well, then a load of others skanked the badges:(

The vts looks a nice example there:) apart from the seats (too lairy for me) I'd junk them for 106 gti leather/suede tbh.

Hows your brothers vee ??

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI
The seats are darker in real life and dont look as bad in the pictures...

In a country road blast is just as fast as a 172 and more fun imo. In a stright line yes the clio would win. Also the clio has much better brakes!!!

cat171: My brothers vee is fine.... Being tucked away for the winter now. Cambelt etc is all due and he has a few plans for it.

clio 200 F4Rt
nice.

i almost went back to a VTS after my scooby, but for me they are a little old now.

Still alot of fun tho, and so cheap these days!

Snotter's
i remember your saxo,one of my favourite one's at the time.Still got my vts sat on the drive feeling sorry for itself

A newly fixed 172
Love your saxo vts. I do have one tho, so i am biased. Mines green, not the best colour but in the sun it looks amazing! Wish i had of had the blue tho..

Clio 197
Still think they look so nice, i would definately look at one of these after the clio as my plan is to sell up, buy a cheaper car and then look at gettin a house. Nice practical little run around. And they can always hold their own even up against a lot bigger cars.

CX-7,westfield,ix20
I went to a 106 gti after my rover turbo to save some cash and still have some fun.

I ended up liking it more than the rover and completely transformed my outlook on cars and I learned a lot about 'proper' driving in it.

Never failed to put a smile on my face.

Made the decision of what car to get afterwards very hard! 182 was the closest I could get to the fun factor so seemed like a natural progression!

Agree with the styling comments mentioned above...Both 106's and saxo's look best low without any tacky sh*t stuck on!

David

Rb 182
106Gti or Saxo Vts is my next car after My Uno turbo. The 106's are more expensive, but im unsure on what is the best to go for. The 106 seats are nicer (leaher) but the saxo dash is a better shape (IMO).

Both are the same pace wise, is either better built or cheaper for parts??

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
never really lied saxo in the past as most of the ones i'd seen had been mollested and chaved up.

last couple of days ive seen 3 vts's all were mint and looked really cool. (no lexus lights etc)

liking them more now.

Rb 182
The Chavy saxo image is becoming less and less, im nots sure if the extra cost of a 106 GTI is justified.

Insurance wise the 106 is cheaper to insure by a few hundred pounds.

Its a tough call. :(

Edit, whats the handling like compairing the VTS to the Gti