ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO: any one with flamer kits

i was thinkin off fittin a flamer kit to my Clio 1.4 RT but i wanna no what kit to get, as ive still got my CAT on atm.

ive heard there are GAS kits that uses a small gas bottle in the boot, also you can just get normal kits that just has a spak in the zorst. but ive read they work best on turbo cars.

also if Andy Bassett is on these forums, could you plz tell me what kit you are using and were you got it from, cuz those flames are bloody mad mate

http://www.cliosport.net/gallery/others/1633-1.jpghttp://www.cliosport.net/gallery/others/1633-1.jpg

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

u can get kits now that u rev the engine, push a button and it cuts the ignition or summit fuel carries on going through and u get a big flame.

the gas kits are pretty good for HUGE flames, u have a bottle of butane that u put a cap thing on top have a putton u press which opens a solenoid which squirts gas in to the exhaust when u let go of button a spark kicks in and woosh big flame.

but been stories of people with gas kits using em when they driving backing off the throttle and it sucks the gas in and they get engine damage.

MaLicE

Andy02 (pic above) spent loads on his rear bumper after setting it alight, i wouldnt bother, in my opinion its OTT, youd hardly get that much flame on the overrun!

-Rob

Not worth the 3 points if you ask me, let alone the £260 fine

+ £35 court Costs.

Although i think they made an example of him! Id be to scared of getting carried away wanting bigger flames, then problem end up in a ball of them.

PEOPLE........ you need to experince it 1st hand, i followed him (ANDY 02) home after the southend meet and the flame kit is quality...... it is VERY illegal, but well worth it..... in the DARK it looks immense......

172nightrider

Quote: Originally posted by MaLicE on 11 July 2003

but been stories of people with gas kits using em when they driving backing off the throttle and it sucks the gas in and they get engine damage.
Could this actually happen. Im not techinally minded so dont know. I just wouldnt have thought it could happen.

Quote: Originally posted by Jim172CUP on 11 July 2003

keep the pics to links, it slows the forum down else. Flames are gay unless its natural.
agreed, my gtturbo was running an oversized jet on the carb and used to kick out a pop and flame every now and again, i was forever gettin flashed by people following me at night when they saw it :cool:

oh dear, whatever next...

spend the money on some driving lessons and then buy a can of deodorant and a lighter off the market for 25 pence, and hey presto, a flamer kit..

:eek:

TT 225

Im I the only one that wouldnt dream of driving round with bottles of butane in the car? Madness

ps. my car flames all by itself :cool:

Quote: Originally posted by Sport172 on 11 July 2003

Not worth the 3 points if you ask me, let alone the £260 fine

+ £35 court Costs.

Although i think they made an example of him! Id be to scared of getting carried away wanting bigger flames, then problem end up in a ball of them.
Errr... *Maybe*... ;)