ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO any ultra red 197 owners

3 MPS
ok guys i have nouticed that under street lights at night the front and rear bumpers are a lighter shade of red that the rest of the car , the wings are plastic also but they are ok but the roof rails are also a different shade, is this normal cos of the colour ? i don,t think it is , and now im slightly concerned my car might have been re sparyed before i got it

any help would be great

Red is a colour that can look different under street lights. I would say that it has been repaired and/or its s**t paint to begin with

VaVa
More than likely due to the wings and bumpeers being made of plastic. You can notice it on the lighter colours of the RS range on the 1*2's too. They must use a different type of paint primer for the plastic stuff hence the metallic colours can look very different.

May have been sprayed in a different part of the facory using different batches of paint etc. Bit s**t really. the wings of my 172 look a completely different colour in bright sunshine to the rest of the car. Even morenoticeable when it's clean too :(

RB 182
Under street lights in the dark?

Not exactly the ideal type of light to check out paint defects is it?

3 MPS
eh no but when its so blatently obvious that u notice it by just walking up to the car u can,t help but notice

Under street lights in the dark?

Not exactly the ideal type of light to check out paint defects is it?

Yes actually, street lighting has a unique effect of picking out different paint types in red. It can show up some areas as looking almost yellow. It's usually a sure sign of a respray with a different type of paint. Possibly, in this case, a different type of paint is used on the plastic.

Burgandy 174 sport t
I had a wee red polo gt that looked s**t hot when clean in the day light, no signs of a spray job then under a street lamp U could see all the bits that had been sprayed