ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO anyone who has changed Compbrake discs.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
As above. I am trying to remove my discs, and cannot get these bolts to budge :(

14944917122_412dcff86d_z.jpg

Untitled by fletcher10, on Flickr

I have undone the 12mm bolts at the back without any problems.

Cheers Fletch.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Are you saying you've got the nuts off the back for the cap head screws? If so, put the nut back on so the thread is flush with nut and give it a whack with a copper hammer or a pin punch.
Either that or support the disc and hit the bell. You need to be central when you hit it though. Oh and use a piece of wood between the bell and the hammer so you don't damage the face.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Are you saying you've got the nuts off the back for the cap head screws? If so, put the nut back on so the thread is flush with nut and give it a whack with a copper hammer or a pin punch.
Either that or support the disc and hit the bell. You need to be central when you hit it though. Oh and use a piece of wood between the bell and the hammer so you don't damage the face.

Yes mate I have got the nuts off the back of the cap head screws.

I'll give that a go tomorrow, cheers :)