ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO anyone with a mk1 lowered 60mm

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Basically, Im after some pics to see what the diiference is compared to my 30-40mm drop. Preferably with 15s but it doesnt matter too much.

cheers

Rick

My torsion bar is only turned one click so I want to see what it looks like on the next step down. Also want to see the 60mm front springs.

So in a nutshell, front and back!!!

Rick, it depends.. I went another click down on my car, and its about 10 - 20mm lower than one click.. then you can go another which is low.. I dont think 1 click is equal to anything much.. Id just go down until its low enough and find the nearest spline.

http://www.daz-uk.com/forsale/clio16v/http://www.daz-uk.com/forsale/clio16v/ check that out - Mat Browns Valver.. Remember though, they are lower to start with, but it can give a good idea.

Steve As is pretty low.. cant remember exactly how low he said (I know he has Avo -40mm Springs on the front, but the back is slammed), here is a pic! - http://www.daz-uk.com/cliosport/meets/brands-hatch-241102/DCP_1775.htmlhttp://www.daz-uk.com/cliosport/meets/brands-hatch-241102/DCP_1775.html

Daz.

Cool, thats what Im after. Think I might go for the -60mm springs at the front as well but I havent decided yet. Thanks for the pic.

Your car looks well tidy mate.

Rick

RT_owner - If You do, send me some pics! I might wanna go lower.. I was looking at the Avo -40mm because they look a lot lower than mine, but not silly low!

Daz.

Forgot to ask, Clio14RT whats the ride like with the 57mm drop at the back???

ClioRT ive seen your car on the net recently sumwhere m8,

What zaust is that u got? is it the Peco Boxer 120mm by 90mm cos it looks damn PHAT, Ive just been offered one in mint condition for 90 quid the back box and tailpipe, u reckon its worth it?

BTW Hi all im new to these forums, im on the other RSC forums n e of u that know of me..

cheers

Josh

nice drop tim, thats exactly what i want mine to lok like - what springs u using? and standard shocks or aftermarket ones?

Standard shocks, keeping them that way until they break. I was told they wouldnt last very long since they are permanantally on full extension. However I have now had that particular set of springs on for best part of 21 months I think! Plus had another set on for 4 or 5 months before that.

It took me 2 sets of springs to get that, first set I got was 40mm, which I though would be enough, but it looked too high at the front. So I went for the Spax -55mm fronts, and at first it made little difference, but a couple of weeks later when the springs were bedded in and it was fine. Think it could go at least 10-15mm lower at the front (ideally), but not seen any springs that will do the job yet.

I was also told I would needed shortened dampers with anything over a 40mm drop at the front. However I opted for the bodgeit route ;), and took a gamble with a small hold drilled through my suspension cup and a sterdy cable tie doing the job. Doesnt sound too safe, but its never let me down!

Steve if your ever up my way Ill happily let you have a good look at the car and take you out for a ride so you can see how bumpy it is....

On the pictures where there are three cars mines the lowest BTW...

Daz cheers for hosting the pictures....

Tim

Here take a look I have 55mm springs at the front and I lowered the back myself about 70mm I reckon. Wheels are 15s with 195/45/15 tyres

I agree with what Tim said, I have standard shocks and although told "they will knacker in no time" they have been okay (if a bit harsh) and I will change them only when they break.

http://www.daz-uk.com/cliosport/benp/My car

I think Im gonna have to go for a 60mm or more drop then. Ben did you do your torsion bar yourself? Is it difficult to do??

Rick

Jus got some 15s on my RT, i want to lower iot coz its in the clouds! i was quoted 100 quid to drop the bak, ne 1 that can do this for cheap?

Yeah I did the back myself absolute piece of piss took all of 40 mins!

Contact Weight, he did a guide on here a while back that was superb. Couldnt have done it without this.

Scribblers cars looking nice on the website. Lowering it further really makes a good difference on the handling, probably depends on the size of the wheels on it though, Clio14RT has 15" on his so if youre planning on riding 17s you shouldnt lower as much.

Quote: Originally posted by ClioRacerX11 on 08 March 2003

What zaust is that u got? is it the Peco Boxer 120mm by 90mm cos it looks damn PHAT, Ive just been offered one in mint condition for 90 quid the back box and tailpipe, u reckon its worth it?
Its a Peco boxer powermaster not sure what size but yes its oval. I got it off Brun from RSC @ £110 but i also got the stainless centre section upto the cat which was custom made buy one of his friends @ PECO. If your only getting the back box then i would say £50-60 is more reasonable as you can buy them new for about £95. The exhaust is dogs bollox, fits great no scrubbing on speed ramps, it got my car upto 88bhp on the rollers at BBperformance tuning

Skoda Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by CLIO14RT on 09 March 2003

Quote: Originally posted by ClioRacerX11 on 08 March 2003

Its a Peco boxer powermaster not sure what size but yes its oval. I got it off Brun from RSC @ £110 but i also got the stainless centre section upto the cat which was custom made buy one of his friends @ PECO.
hehe thats me ! :)

glad your happy with it scribbler !