ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Ben@Angelworks- T/B's are the ****

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
Ok so this is a blatant ass kissing post but I don't give a f.uck lol

Dude you know your shizzle... you sure this clio only has 217bhp....?

Tbh since I first got the car last autumn I have'nt been exactly bowled over by the car...sure it's felt quick but did'nt respond like a stock f7r at lower revs which took some getting used to.....but after giving the car a thorough pasting today at Pod I'm sooooo impressed!:evil:

Traction in the first 2 gears is tricky to say the least but the rate it pulls in 3rd and more so 4th gear is really impressive.....vids to come later but I think a slightly unbelievable best terminal speed of 105.7mph tells it's own story!:approve:

Just wish I had the ££££ to sort the bottom end too that would be sick! Might have to settle for some sticky tyres ....

cheers Martin

Audi TT 225 Quattro
yep, gotta back you up there, car is the absolute bollox:evil: had the pleasure of having a drive of it today and accl over 5k is mental to say the least..... well impressed:approve: sort that bottom end fella, can't cost to much;)

Its great to hear from you Martin, having not heard anything since Craig took it an sold it on so i've no idea what sort of condition or any running issues it might have etc.

With the bent valves from the previous failure, this compramised the cylinder head due to having to drop the seats with a profile i was less than happy with (as i didnt have the fancy kit that i now do). Also cam timing was altered from what it was before for more overlap, and you can feel the loss in bottom end, and it comes on strongest right towards the end, so it might be a preference for yourself to have them timed back into the old settings. But from your terminal, i can see the higher peak power works when you spend all the time at peak rpm.

Get in contact, i've got a few more things that are coming in and the old test horse might like it.

Blimy that quick.
Has it been stripped as per usualy?

Was it remapped after its rebuild again?

Was only a top end rebuild, bottom end is still 100% factory stock.

And mapped again yes, with added wideband facility.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
Ooooh sounds interesting Ben....only problem is I've promised myself i would'nt spend anymore money on modifications. But yeah it seems a little stodgy below 4k but keep it on the boil and it's sweeeet, tbh I'm happy with the setup I think it could get close to 12s with some nasty phat slicks, look forward to getting it on track now.

Edde I've not stripped anything myself (yet) just took the passenger seat out for the day.

Ben, could you get some sort of variable timing system made to help adjust the cams for the high and low rpm work I know the 172 stuff not hugly advanced but that sort of thing or is the costs prohibative for the minimal gains?

lol, no edde.

To do that you would need an oil pressure fed hollow cam.

Martin, resetting the cam timing is free and you could find what you really like, as this particular engine is quite sensitive to it.