ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO BenR

ICE'dberg MK2 172

Hi Ben
How is the project 172 going. I am intersted how you got on with the Viper X induction and the fueling. Did you have any problems?? and was there a significant increase in power? My Viper X is still in the box!!! Dont want to cause any more problems than necessary.
Also what do you think of the K-tec exhaust...they have a good deal on until the end of September and do you think it would compliment the Viper X?

Any input would be appreciated.

I ahve finished ant its up to a tried and tested 185bhp.

lots of twidding of the SuperChips to our needs, but it wasnt too essentialo as the air temps here are high.

We also use the viper, sa said and that alone with no chip and no echaust gave 6bhp midarange and about 3bhp up top.

We run the Ktec system and jetex cup exhaust as an option on both. But the K-tec system is a full cat abck, and better quality than a Magnex, make a louder noise than the cup (which is dead quiet!but get noisier as it runs in) and give slightly more power up top, about another 1-2 bhp.......but the chip difference what phenominal, we really ended up with a great program!

Normally im quite sceptical on these so called chips but they did their job great! rev limit was increases 500rpm, and i have had no probs banging it off the limiter all day long, no over heating, no ignition probs, no emmisions probs etc etc...just a faster std car! with more noise to boot.

Hope this helps you to get hat viper on!!!!

Ben

ICE'dberg MK2 172

We have a RR day some time soon at Hillpower hopefully, so if Ive still got it and not sold it......cant make my mind up.....I will fit it and give it a try.
Where did you run the air feed to the Viper ?
I have had a look at possible routes and noticed the original air feed to the box is via a tube down into the front of the wing and it seems to have a motor on it, so, does this work with the ECU to regulate the air entering the box and could this be a reason that inducted 172s seem to run a bit lean at WOT.?

Cheers
Chris

i and it down the same path that the OE pipe with the air limiting valve was one. remeved the valve, but took the motor off it, and kept that pluged into the ECU so it thinks it still there. The i just re routed the pipe to the front bumber.

like this............

it seems like i cat get pics up!!!!

i will post them when i can

i cant seem to post pics, so ill email you them.....PM me your email addy

oops, nevermind...its in your profile.