ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO cup/172 owners please read

HI , I havnt posted on here for a while because of new job, but you need to know about this. On thursday of last week my cup went in for its first service , picked her up that afternoon and suprisingly enough there were no complants, The wife was driving her on saturday early evening ,just round the corner from the house there is a 90 degree left hand turn which she has taken hundreds of times before , she turned the steering wheel and nothing happened . The car ended up with the frount drivers side wheel up on the kerb , only a slight scuff to the frount alloy and the tyre didnt burst , but the wishbone and suspension arm is bent , now she got out of the car to see the damage and then got on the phone to me , whilst she was on the phone a neighbour ran out shouting that the car had caught FIRE under the bonnet . Thankfully the neighbour had a fire exstinguisher and put the fire out , then the fire brigade came and made sure it was put out. Now i saw where the car ended up on the kerb and the little damage to the wheel and in my and the polices and fire brigades opinion she was nt going to fast around the corner or the car would have gone off the road completly so i think it could all be down to a major fault with the car just after the service has been done. The cup is now with renault who have said they havnt had a car catch fire in a year and a half , all very worringing. will just have to wait for the insurance assessar and renault to look over the cup and try and find out what went on . Dont want to worry anyone but thought you should know about it . keep you all posted on the results. :(

Renault Laguna Coupe

Turned the steering wheel and nothing happened?

Wow, thats some kind of a fault to cause that. Ive heard of cars catching fire after services before though. Mechanic leaves an oily rag in the engine bay - catches fire - oops!

Hope you get it sorted though, and thankfully no-one got hurt.