ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO GirlRacer (or anyone with 17 wheels)

Hi. My 172 is fitted with 195/50R15 wheels and I want to upgrade them with some OZ F1 17" wheels. So I have two questions:
Is there a big difference between them in comfort and handling?
Anyone have a pic of a Monaco blue Clio 172 Mk2 with F1 anthracite wheels?
Thank you!

GR7

Shiny red R32

Appearance wise, everyone says the 17" wheels look so much better than the standard ones. With regard to the handling, as I am no boy racer I wouldnt know if the acceleration is any different, as I dont tend to race every other car on the road like many here! The ride feels just a teensy weensy bit firmer, which I prefer as I absolutely hate soft bouncy cars, they make me feel nauseous. Otherwise there is no noticeable difference.

Just do it! You know you want to!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

the difference between 15s and 17s in terms of ride quality is quite minimal, but they look and grip a lot better, and the 17s are well worth the extra money. Definately recommend going for it. And also, the Toyo T1-S Proxies are wickid!! They are the best tyre i have ever used, got them on my 17s at the mo.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Why dont you ask the guys with the blue cars what their opinion is about your choice of wheel? Personally I wouldnt put anthracite on the blue, but others might, it is your taste which counts! Have a look in the Gallery at cars there.

Thank ypu GR. I did a search on the gallery but I cannot find a blue Clio with dark wheels. BTW, I catch a pic of a black 172 with dark grey 17" Superleggeras and looks awesome.
Cheers from Mexico City!!!

GR7

Shiny red R32

Doc, have a look at page 2 in the Gallery at Geoffs 172 with the ACE 197s on, that looks gorgeous!