ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Lee... F1 Championship

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
A closed wheel racer would be epic. DTM, WTCC, V8's, maybe some national events to start with to build your career, Clio Cup, BTCC etc...

Most of all we need some more UK Circuits on games. I dont think Brands Hatch has been featured on a PS3 game since Toca RD3.

Agree with that, would be immense being able to drive the circuits we can drive in real life on the games. Problem is the extremely limited appeal :(

I'd pay a fair bit to have a track pack for forza which included all the uk tracks.

Ph 1 172
I haven't read much about this game but is there drive through penalties in the game for instance if you cut a corner gaining a place u get a drive through? O loved the last ps3 f1 game but hated the sticky graass and the time delay crap when u cut a corner

Lee

BMW M2C
I haven't read much about this game but is there drive through penalties in the game for instance if you cut a corner gaining a place u get a drive through? O loved the last ps3 f1 game but hated the sticky graass and the time delay crap when u cut a corner

With strict rules on there are drive through penalties or time penalties if it's too late to serve the drive through. Corner cutting or aggressive driving are also penalised. No cheap sticky grass for us.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Tbd we've all seen races this season where drivers have 2/3 wheels on the grass and carried on.

Genuinely can't wait to have a bash at this, could be the game that forces me to get a 2nd tv. The clips on today, looked stunning.

Just got to figure out if the driving force pro I've got in a cupboard still works lol.

dk

911 GTS Cab
got my wheel stand the other day and se tit up this morning, shame i can't really use it at the mo because of my ankle but its set up ready for F1 in a couple of weeks anyway.

Anyone thinking of getting one, do, they are very good, the service is great!

Golf R/Leon FR
Whats the next best wheel to use for the PS3 after the G25,27?

Lee have you tested any other PS3 wheels?

Lee

BMW M2C

The only wheels I've played the game with have been the Fanatec Porsche Turbo S, Official MS, G25/27 and the trusty old Logitech GT. I'd say me least favourite is the Fanatec, purely because it's a road car wheel and feels odd being so large, but the Clubsport pedals are the nuts.

Lee

BMW M2C
It looked fantastic in the Feature yesterday mate! Congrats.

Cheers mate. Getting that together was one of the most stressful things I've ever done, but man was it worth it. I spent hours poking around with different network connections, while Lewis sat next to me practicing.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

I'm quite happy with m driving force pro for a cheapish option. 2 turns lock to lock.
http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/playstation-3/logitech-driving-force-pro-wheel-/_/PX0291/productpage.html

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Cheers mate. Getting that together was one of the most stressful things I've ever done, but man was it worth it. I spent hours poking around with different network connections, while Lewis sat next to me practicing.

Jesus, no pressure then!

The XBL connection was live then? Not cleverly edited?

How's Lewis in person? He comes across as a really nice chap.

Street Triple R
A closed wheel racer would be epic. DTM, WTCC, V8's, maybe some national events to start with to build your career, Clio Cup, BTCC etc...

Most of all we need some more UK Circuits on games. I dont think Brands Hatch has been featured on a PS3 game since Toca RD3.

Race Pro? I personally really like the driving side of that game, just that the menu's and options etc were terrible

Lee

BMW M2C
Jesus, no pressure then!

The XBL connection was live then? Not cleverly edited?

How's Lewis in person? He comes across as a really nice chap.

It was all done properly over Xbox Live. If you watch the footage back you'll notice a 4th car. That was one of the lads in QA. Due to the firewall settings at both locations we needed someone to run as the host. All of the practice and race footage was filmed as it happened.

He was great. As soon as he sat down he really chilled out. He was there for a couple of hours in the end, when he was only supposed to be there for 20 minutes. His comment at the end wasn't bullshit either, he wanted to carry on, but everyone needed to get packed up.

Thats an Xbox only game isnt it?

Yes it is, essentially Race Pro was GTR 2 remade for the XBOX with different championships/tracks. A proper Simbin effort so it is brilliant, best handling console driving game I've played by a long long way. Sadly it was made on a brutal budget and received virtually no post-launch support, so the menus and non-race screens are absolutely terrible, and the online features are pretty much broken. As a game to set up a one player custom race (18 identical Formula BMWs hammering around Brands for 20 laps, for example) it's pretty much untouchable on a console imo.

GTR2 is worth checking out if you only have a modest PC, costs pennies and is easily my most played driving game of all time. Loads of unofficial updates out there (including pretty much every UK track), I must have lapped Castle Combe several thousand times on it.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
It was all done properly over Xbox Live. If you watch the footage back you'll notice a 4th car. That was one of the lads in QA. Due to the firewall settings at both locations we needed someone to run as the host. All of the practice and race footage was filmed as it happened.

He was great. As soon as he sat down he really chilled out. He was there for a couple of hours in the end, when he was only supposed to be there for 20 minutes. His comment at the end wasn't bullshit either, he wanted to carry on, but everyone needed to get packed up.
Sounds awesome. I'm assuming you'll be playing against Lewis online in future;)?

How good is his brother? Said he'd won rounds at a UK championship or something? So I'm guessing f**king awesome! Lol.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Yes it is, essentially Race Pro was GTR 2 remade for the XBOX with different championships/tracks. A proper Simbin effort so it is brilliant, best handling console driving game I've played by a long long way. Sadly it was made on a brutal budget and received virtually no post-launch support, so the menus and non-race screens are absolutely terrible, and the online features are pretty much broken. As a game to set up a one player custom race (18 identical Formula BMWs hammering around Brands for 20 laps, for example) it's pretty much untouchable on a console imo.

GTR2 is worth checking out if you only have a modest PC, costs pennies and is easily my most played driving game of all time. Loads of unofficial updates out there (including pretty much every UK track), I must have lapped Castle Combe several thousand times on it.

You've tempted me with that, got Race Pro for £8 from 365. Look forward to trying it out :)

Lee

BMW M2C
Lewis currently games on PS3, but we've given him an Xbox, and we're getting MS to sort him out an account.

His bro is very good considering he has to use the buttons to acclerate and brake as he's unable to use the pedals. He'd had a couple of days practice at the game, where as Lewis ony had an hour or so.

Thanks to all of you who've pre ordered it. :D It's officially the biggest day one ship Codemasters have ever had.

I've had few races earlier with my boss and our PR guy. It's great fun online. I can't wait to do some 12 player races. Plus you'll be wanting the achievement for beating me.

FN2 Type R GT
haha, i love that he just gets given an xbox and an account, im sure his friends list will soon get filled, maybe PM a select few CS'ers his gamertag, Shotgun first ;)

dk

911 GTS Cab
Lee, unless I find a way of sending a shock to your controller to knock you out there's very little chance of me beating you. Having raced against you before you are on another level.

So having played this to death and coming up with the handling you'd have to be having a pretty s**tty day to lose!

Plus you'll be wanting the achievement for beating me.

Ohh aye, didn't notice there was a viral achievement!

44.jpg
CV Submitted - 10
Beat a member of the Formula 1 2010 Dev team or player who has done so.

Street Triple R
Day 1 purchase for me :D

been waiting since Geoff Crammonds GP3 on the PC! (never had a PC good enough to run GP4!)

FN2 Type R GT
lee, how about we have a big 12 man race and you just sit on the grid, maybe give us a headstart or just let us win, just the once;), then we'll race properly!!

Lee

BMW M2C
I won't win every race. F1 is too unpredictable for that. With 12 real people it could be chaos unless you get away from the pack. If I am winning I'll do one where you can beat me to get the achievement.

When you're rich and famous you get free stuff. I tried to blag one but failed. Instead I've ordered a new one today. Time to retire my noisy old day 1 console.

Lee

BMW M2C
Are getting the game on Xbox i presume Lee?

Any of the codies on PSN, so we can get an achievement?

I'll have PC and 360 to get the achievement out there. I'll probably have a PS3 copy too but that achievement doesn't exist on PS3 as Sony recently banned viral achievements.

Golf R/Leon FR
I'll have PC and 360 to get the achievement out there. I'll probably have a PS3 copy too but that achievement doesn't exist on PS3 as Sony recently banned viral achievements.

That's a poor from Sony, why ban it?

I saw you were playing some online game yesterday simply entitled 'grand prix' not even in capitals ;)

As for online yes if its anything like Grid first corner will be complete carnage, best to hang back as 7 people trash their cars and then carefully pick your way through the carnage;)