ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Lee... F1 Championship

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Ps3 and g25, who uses a pad for racing games? ;)

Ok ok, i'll agree to the g25 comment, x360 wheel is shite but the G25 looks a lot better. Wish it supported the xbox properly.

Lol, quicker updates? The guy clearly has both, and updates to games take seconds.

I sold my PS3 a few months back but whenever a game needed updating it took 30-60 minutes, whereas x360 takes a few seconds. Was mega annoying when i just wanted a really quick game and i had to wait for ever for a stupid update. Was one of the main reasons for selling it tbh.

Clio 172 Cup
Ok ok, i'll agree to the g25 comment, x360 wheel is shite but the G25 looks a lot better. Wish it supported the xbox properly.

I sold my PS3 a few months back but whenever a game needed updating it took 30-60 minutes, whereas x360 takes a few seconds. Was mega annoying when i just wanted a really quick game and i had to wait for ever for a stupid update. Was one of the main reasons for selling it tbh.

Pads for me ATM - I don't think the missus would appreciate a playseat and wheel in the living room.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Pads for me ATM - I don't think the missus would appreciate a playseat and wheel in the living room.

Definitely 360 then, the positioning of the analogue stick and the fact the triggers keep your finger in rather than slipping off makes it a million times better :)

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Just been playing with the Xbox 360 wheel on Forza, f**k me it's hard, difficult to get used to!

I think half of the problem is that there is no support for the wheel - think I'll need to make a stand!

M135i
Pre-ordered mine today.

Hoping it'll be good!

From what I've seen of the pictures and videos, this game has "wowed" me in the same way when I was about 8 years old and saw the original Formula 1 game on the Playstation1!

dk

911 GTS Cab

I turned my ps3 on for the first time in months the other day and put 3 games in, all need updating and each one took less than 30 seconds, honestly.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I turned my ps3 on for the first time in months the other day and put 3 games in, all need updating and each one took less than 30 seconds, honestly.

Have to agree! I think the only one that took a fairwhile to patch for me was Motorstorm

Lol at the fanboys and their super slow internet connections. Try downloading the same demo on both formats - theres nothing in it!

As for me well I suspect xbox is the lead platform so will choose that.

FN2 Type R GT
Lee... Will the 360 steering wheel actually be very good, i know youve played both PS and Xbox versions on the different steering wheels, seems as if the 360 wheel gets a lot of bad press? dont want to spend £50 and regret it immediately !

Lee

BMW M2C
Lee... Will the 360 steering wheel actually be very good, i know youve played both PS and Xbox versions on the different steering wheels, seems as if the 360 wheel gets a lot of bad press? dont want to spend £50 and regret it immediately !

It's not the greatest wheel in the world, but for the money it's great for F1 due to it's size and shape. Obviously a G25 or G27 is better, but it's worth getting the MS wheel as it's a lot more fun using a wheel.

I've had my 360 wheel for a few years and it's still going strong.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Lol at the fanboys and their super slow internet connections. Try downloading the same demo on both formats - theres nothing in it!

As for me well I suspect xbox is the lead platform so will choose that.

Read my posts, i've had both consoles and tried downloading updates on both consoles on the same internet connection. PS3 always took ages, 360 always quick.

Not really a fanboy either, I gave both consoles a fair chance and sold the one I thought was crap.

PS3 updates are always 120 megs, xbox can be as little as a few hundred k so theres the 'slowness'

@Darren - I'm sure codemasters want to make a profit ;)

Lee

BMW M2C
PS3 updates are always 120 megs, xbox can be as little as a few hundred k so theres the 'slowness'

@Darren - I'm sure codemasters want to make a profit ;)

Digital Distribution has the highest margins by a long shot, pity it contributes so little to the sales at the moment.

A new video from Inside Sim Racing. Steve and Paul being interviewed at Gamescom. There's a feature at the start where Miss Lopez was obviously very cold indeed!! http://www.insidesimracing.tv/

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

I understand thats why they are quicker, but why does the PS3 require such large updates? Just really use to piss me off lol

dk

911 GTS Cab
I understand thats why they are quicker, but why does the PS3 require such large updates? Just really use to piss me off lol
microsoft does patches i guess like to a windows OS, whereas sony do like apple do with the iphone, each time it needs an update you download and apply the full new firmware, people don't complain when you have to download and wait 5-10 mins + (with a fast connection) for an iphone to up download 380-mb and update itself do they?

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
microsoft does patches i guess like to a windows OS, whereas sony do like apple do with the iphone, each time it needs an update you download and apply the full new firmware, people don't complain when you have to download and wait 5-10 mins + (with a fast connection) for an iphone to up download 380-mb and update itself do they?

That's because the majority of Apple kit owners are thick as pig s**t and don't know any different

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Yep, I did mine last night, went into work today and had a right old moan about it with the other i-peeps at work :rasp:

I guess its just impatient me lol

Pre ordered and very much looking forward! Must get a new live subscrippy though:eek:

Great early review scores Lee!

german
I'm not a massive fan of F1, but this game looks amazing. Now I'm gutted as just realised I'm on hols on the 25th. This and Fifa 11 when I get back = no social life

I'm looking forward to seeing what Eurogamer give it too. I know they have the game as we've been in talks with them over who is writing the review.

We're getting cracking on 2011 already.

Out of interest, what does 'in talks' mean regarding who writes the review? Do you just want to make sure that the person reviewing it has a clue about driving games? I naively assumed the game is sent out to reviewers and that's that.

Great to hear there will be a 2011 as well, will it be easier now you have so many assets already in place from this version? I appreciate new tracks (and liveries etc) will need to be modelled, but presumably it's easier than just starting with the engine as you did this time. How does it work with supporting the 2010 game, is a small team left on it for bug fixes/patches etc, or do you all work on the current and new title?