ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Lee... F1 Championship

Lee

BMW M2C
2010 cars and drivers. The screen shots you'll see soon will have the placeholder 2009 cars in though. Still looks the b****cks of course.

Citroen DS3 DSport
If the game has full support for the Logitech G25 wheel then I'll no doubt buy the PS3 version so that I can make use of my raceseat.

Lee

BMW M2C
If the game has full support for the Logitech G25 wheel then I'll no doubt buy the PS3 version so that I can make use of my raceseat.

It does, also the G27, thrustmaster, 360 wheel and Fanatec. There might be one other, but that's not been announced yet.

Shopto take the money when they ship.

I hope nobody spent too much time adding USF1 to the game...

My big wish for the game is customizable single player races. Forza 3 failed big time by restricting you to 2 or 3 laps, anything less than the option to do up to and including full race distance will be a huge negative for F1 fans.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

My big wish for the game is customizable single player races. Forza 3 failed big time by restricting you to 2 or 3 laps, anything less than the option to do up to and including full race distance will be a huge negative for F1 fans.

As long as it is an option, and your not forced into loads of long races to complete the main game.

Lee

BMW M2C

Don't get me started on this s**t. Campos changing their name, US F1 in or out, Stefan GP...we can't record VO for everything, there's a cost attached, so we can't just record for every team that 'might' make it on to the grid. So far we're on top of things though.

Race distance and number of seasons is customisable. Or don't play Career and just play GP mode.

Lee

BMW M2C
A small update, which shouldn't get me in trouble!!

Screenshots and press stuff should start appearing from the 11th of this month. The big launch event is being held in London the 17th. We've invited a load of Codies forum users along! http://community.codemasters.com/fo...2-codemasters-f1-2010-season-start-event.html You probably need to login to read that.

Just had two very good days with handling. Had our friendly F1 test driver in today sat with me most the day, he's liking where it's going.

Wish I could say more.

Citroen DS3 DSport
If the launch event is next week hopefully that means things are looking good for a June release.

172//Crap Micra//Bus
Last one was a bit tough for me tbh, but it was very well done in parts. I play slightly differently now though, so I should be miles better. Either way, I can't wait. Pic's and a date would be good though ;)

Lee

BMW M2C
I hope it has plenty of sim qualities and is not a watered down arcade game.

At it's hardest without any assists, it's hardcore.

rFactor is one of our points of reference, as well as the feedback we get from the drivers.

Lee

BMW M2C
I did at least 50 laps of Catalunya today. Made some nice set-up changes. Mainly suspension, geometry and aero. Really starting to feel amazing. I was using the Fanatec Porsche wheel, but moved to the 360 wheel as it's better suited to F1. The Fanatec feels too road car for me.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Hope the damage and crash physics are good on this one! The damage effects where good on the last one for PS3 but when you watched the crashes on a replay it seemed so artificial etc.

Either way, I'm buying this bad boy.

A rare day one purchase for me assuming it's as good as expected. Forza 3 single-player experience isn't great (too much car variation, so races are rarely close) but as this is obviously roughly equal cars it should throw up some much closer battles with the AI.

Lee

BMW M2C
Just had copies of the OPM and OXM 'hands on' arrive. If you're thinking of buying it, either of these will make your minds up. As usual I can't quote them until they're on the shelves, but they're very, very good.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Bloody cheap on there too!

will the release be before or after the date on Shopto? (If you can tell us!)

That does look unbelievably good, which concerns me slightly. No driving game has yet combined ridiculously good graphics AND great AI, it's pretty much always one or the other. I hope this is the first to break that trend.

Lee

BMW M2C
We've been doing a lot of work on the AI, there's some seriously clever stuff in there. We've got a really clever coder working on perfecting proper racing techniques.

I've also done a first pass on setting them up to drive Monza properly. They were lapping within 1 second of my time, which means most people in the office can't beat the AI on the hardest setting.