ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Lee... F1 Championship

PH1 172
Hoping my copy will be sat on the hall way floor when I walk in to night as then I will be sat in front of the PS3 for the rest of the night lol

Is there online gaming?

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
how hard are driving games with steering wheels ha ha ha, just managed to pick up like the last GT Driving Force steering wheel from Argos £79. So thought id try it out on GT5p and drove a DC5 round Suzuka did pretty well then tryed to drive an Amuse S2k and couldn't drive it quick lol does this mean im gonna struggle on F1?

Golf R/Leon FR
You'll get used to the steering, it took me a while on the old F1 CE

How is the GT wheel? I've got one reserved at Argos lol

E87 118d M Sport
Just read this review from a friend on AVF:

Picked up F1 2010 yesterday afternoon from the distribution centre at work and oh-em-gee!

I want to play it again now. Right now. Now!

I can't pick any faults yet: the presentation is spot on; it looks magnificent; the number of options is baffling; career mode seems very well structured; the AI is the best it's ever been; the 'feel' of the handling and the nuances of the track (elevations/bumps etc.) are spot on; online modes are well thought out; dynamic weather actually works; flat-spotting! blistering! tyre damage actually works; control over your pit stops is immersive; the press conferences aren't as tacked-on as I imagined and actually influence your career progress within the team...
!

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
its good feels really nice to hold, im not the best to ask about the force feedback as this is my first wheel but one thing that catches me out is changing gear i keep going to my left rather than right lmao.

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
Got mine in the post this morning and only just stopped playing as it's so addicitve.

Opted for a full race weekend and 50% laps.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
got home around 30mins ago and had a game shaped letter pack waiting on the floor from shopto(i ordered tues night) :D just about to set up the playseat and wheel, will report with my finding in a few hours.....

Oil Burner
Qualifying is piss easy, but racing is another matter, tap another car, miss your braking point and cut a corner too many times and you start causing yourself all sorts of issues. I also had tons of punctures at Aus when i was playing bumper cars.

Im racing with no assists on (except the noob dynamic line thing as i dont know any of the circuits) a PS3 pad and its not too bad, but if you get keen with the throttle the car just goes around, nothing you can do about it.

Citroen DS3 DSport
My PS3 copy of this finally arrived through the post at 2pm today and I've been playing it ever since then. My verdict so far is that it is a very good game but I qualified 1st and won my first race of the season with Lotus so I probably need to increase the difficulty to make this more of a challenge. The G25 and Playseat are ideal for the game. The graphics are not as crisp as I'd expected, Grid looks sharper despite being a couple of years older.

Clio 200 Raider
My PS3 copy of this finally arrived through the post at 2pm today and I've been playing it ever since then. My verdict so far is that it is a very good game but I qualified 1st and won my first race of the season with Lotus so I probably need to increase the difficulty to make this more of a challenge. The G25 and Playseat are ideal for the game. The graphics are not as crisp as I'd expected, Grid looks sharper despite being a couple of years older.

still not got my copy through yet but itching to play it. Currently R factor is the only thing that has got close to the fun of f1 games for me. I hope this is better. Ive ordered this for the pc to couple with my G25 and stand which was i got from i think poland which was recommened on here which is pretty realistic. Disapointing to hear that the graphics dont seem as good as even grid?

330Ci (Fail)Sport
How are people getting on with PS3 controllers?

I'm still a little undecided which platform to get it on...I love the 360 controller now but have a Logitech wheel and pedals from GT4 so would save me hunting about for the official 360 wheel. Wont be playing with the wheel all the time though.

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
What assists is everyone using? Everything is off except traction control on medium. I have braking line on during pratice to find out where to brake though.

I also just done a pratice session in Australia in the rain and couldn't see a thing.lol

Yozz'd up 182
Been playing all day but one thing that throws me is why have i never had a pitstop thats less than 10 seconds?!

Golf R/Leon FR
Mine has just installed :) will see what it's like..

As for the pitstop, there is a known issue thats being sorted in the patch mentioned by Lee

Oil Burner
Been playing all day but one thing that throws me is why have i never had a pitstop thats less than 10 seconds?!

If your doing manual pit stops you might be forgetting to brake and knocking your pit crew over.

I keep getting 20 sec penalties on the last lap and near enough last from right up the front.

On the upside i am driving a Lotus and the gearbox hasn't gone wrong once lol

Yozz'd up 182
Ahh must be the issue, im doing auto pitting but it just sits there after and not letting me go.

Its a bug, mentioned on the last few pages. Basically it thinks its going to give you an unsafe release. Work arounds are either pit when quietest or do longer races where pit stops are spread out more

Lee is there any way of retiring from a race?

^ Crash into a wall at 200 :D

Seems like a lot of fun, I prefer the in cockpit view thats set ever so slightly higher? Is this the one that people roll with? I find the view of the std in car 'view' too limited