ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Lee... F1 Championship

Apologies for some horrible photo skills but I've finally got it to f**king work and I'm as happy as larry (although I do now need to buy a new gfx card or 2)

33617_10150291136275593_623925592_14861906_4750946_n.jpg

62580_10150291136405593_623925592_14861912_3638790_n.jpg

33689_10150291136565593_623925592_14861914_4974282_n.jpg

First race, 100% Bahrain. Did well in Q1, Q2 and then Q3 with my Virgin (Easy mode). Race took the piss though. Got spun round at the first corner, then got a drive through, then shunted again. Spent ages catching up, spun off.

Then I just got f**ked off and got myself black flagged. Bahrain is a horrible track. Completed 17 laps of the race :/

I've only really driven on Bahrain, Spa, Silverstone, Monaco and Melbourne so far. However Bahrain is by far my favourite. It's an awesome track. So f**king hard to get a decent lap. I had a great race on there in the career mode too.

Playing on PC with a steering wheel, all assists off and AI on legendary is the only way to do it!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Sorry but I f**king hate companies that rush out games knowing bugs are there with a view to fixing them once people have handed over their hard earned.

Do it right first time you c***s.

Naive to think there aren't other factors when releasing a game like this tbh.

M135i
Been playing most the night in career mode.

Has anyone had any races where people have actually retired? I've done 4 races now with a full line-up completing the race. Seems a bit odd to me.

Loving the game so far, only minor disappointment is that you don't get to do a parade lap at the start of the race to warm up the tyres etc, oh and the cars seem a bit too "tough" in collisions

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I've started my career again, sticking to easy mode, finished 3rd in the first race, one of the Toro Rosso drivers finished 5th :p

Massive pile up again at T1, one of the Renaults actually got punted over my car :|

Starting to appreciate Bahrain, fun to see AI drivers spin at T4 (think it's T4 anyway) - the right hander with the evil bump mid corner

Oil Burner
Sorry but I f**king hate companies that rush out games knowing bugs are there with a view to fixing them once people have handed over their hard earned.

A philosophy that GT5 is employing. Thats gone well so far.

Nearly all complex software has bugs in it. It's almost impossible for there not to be. It can always be optimised and improved. If you never signed it off until it was perfect (which it never will be) then you'd never sign it off. Bugs do not mean the code isn't ready to press, especially if there are known fixes that can be patched later, but will take some time. Up to a point, it's good business sense. We've waited like twenty years for GT5 and it'll ship unfinished, and probably still have bugs, even though you may never encounter any.

After 3 days with this game my only real complaint is the absolutely shocking interface. Every advanced option I now know about has come from reading forums...everyone seems to be struggling. It's utterly unintuitive, on day one I didn't even discover how to adjust the AI, damage and tyre wear etc.

On the plus side, I now know how to increase my fuel load in practice, and advance time in Quali (after sitting and waiting at my first two races!)

M135i
After 3 days with this game my only real complaint is the absolutely shocking interface. Every advanced option I now know about has come from reading forums...everyone seems to be struggling. It's utterly unintuitive, on day one I didn't even discover how to adjust the AI, damage and tyre wear etc.

On the plus side, I now know how to increase my fuel load in practice, and advance time in Quali (after sitting and waiting at my first two races!)

How do u adjust the ai and damage?!?

FN2 Type R GT
how do you adjust fuel in practice, keeps bugging me once i get into the flow i have to pit!?

Also playing online seems to be full of retards that just smash every corner...

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I fear an obsession is forming. I woke up half hour early so I could have a blast before work.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Lol, so you'd rather it was delayed forever like GT5?

I'd rather have a buggy game that will slowly be fixed over time now than a bug free game (which will still have bugs, lets be honest) in 6 years time.

Plus it has to be released in 2010, if it got delayed to 2011 then they would have to change track layouts, rules, cars which would create more bugs and then delay the game again and on and on it would go.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Krispwee - a smaller scale of your setup, m8! :cool:

354.jpg

Amazon delivered it this morning, so that's my Saturday sorted out. Didn't bother with the extra gearstick on the G25 for this one - I didn't think it would be needed! :)

D.

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
To change fuel load in pratice is under engine in car setup. You can also choosse which engine to run and mode. You can run a different engine in practice to race.

Last edited:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Erm. wow.

Just spent 20mins on Spa as its probably the circuit I know best. Going flat out through Eau Rouge in 7th for the first time was superb as was the feel of the car in general.

I love the attention to detail on it. I majorly got one corner wrong and got the left-side of the car running into the gravel. Small gravel bits encrusted the front left, yet during my 3-point-turn, I got the right front just rolling a little in the other gravel. Only a few bits stuck to that and they quickly flew off after a bit more race distance.

Utterly sublime with the G25 - it 'feels' right to me - pretty much what you'd expect an F1 car to handle like. I've loaded up the weighting of the wheel in Options and obviously got the paddle-shifter working for the gears. I don't think I've ever used these paddles so quickly - lol.

A big thumbs up from me so far. A good sign of a great racing game to me is that with every lap passed, you're not only shaving your time down, but you also want to get a better line and time. The learning curve is definitely there and one that I just want to explore more.

Well done Lee. You and your guys have cracked it. :approve:

D.

Yaris Hybrid
What makes me laugh (and this should answer those who try to defend codies for rushing it out) is that a lot of the problems in this game were done perfectly and correctly by Geoff Crammond in 1992.

How they could get something wrong or omit features that were being done correctly almost 20 years ago is beyond me!

Bugs are one thing but a lot of stuff just wasn't included. No doubt they will have a lovely list of added features to encourage people to buy the 2011 version.

Yaris Hybrid
Oh just another question, I am so annoyed at the 360 version I am still considering getting it on PC.

I have the Xbox controller for PC, does the game support that well or is that bugged too?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Oh just another question, I am so annoyed at the 360 version I am still considering getting it on PC.

I have the Xbox controller for PC, does the game support that well or is that bugged too?

It does support it for the PC as the game runs with Games for Windows Live. I haven't tried it though. The last time I used a pad on a racing game was with Gran Turismo 2 on the PS1.

D.

182 Full of Fat
LOVE the game but 1 thing that really annoys me is that there is no simple time splits/difference between you and other cars so you don't know if you're catching etc....Has put me off long races because it feels like I'm just racing myself due to having no knowledge of the other drivers times.

Yaris Hybrid
It does support it for the PC as the game runs with Games for Windows Live. I haven't tried it though. The last time I used a pad on a racing game was with Gran Turismo 2 on the PS1.

D.

Yeah I tried a momo ff wheel with LFS and Grandprix legends and preferred the pad as you can go from lock to lock quicker with less effort to catch the car. There are disadvantages of course as you have no FF and can steer unnaturally fast and crash the car but you get used to it.

I just downloaded it on PC and the 360 pad works a treat. It picked up the profile for it so I didn't need to set it up at all.

All the technical flaws relating to consoles are fine on the PC version. I just did a quick test hot lapping around Monaco and it was really good fun! A real buzz. Graphics were sweet.

Need to go and test it further now. I guess all the other bugs will remain but the thing that really irritated me was sloppy frame rates and stuff that really destroyed the game when you were talking about split seconds etc. SO with that fixed the game is at least fun to hot lap.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
If you pit the same time as other cars, most of the time it waits til all of them have gone past

I've gone from 3rd to last in a race because of it already :(

I've not had that, but I always start on the option tyre so seem to pit earlier than everyone else. Must be a pain when it happens!

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Just finished Kuala Lumpur... mental track in the wet, has a few very slow, very slippy corners

Slid on one whilst I was in second, then kept spinning out but still managed 4th

The AI is awesome, I spun out and then rejoined the track, causing 3 cars behind me to spin and crash into each other :p

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Note to the gt5 designers. I crashed this morning, and the car behind drove around me. Take heed.

RS Clio 182
Just started a 7 season career in a lotus - came 3rd in Bahrain,so im guessing medium difficulty maybe a little easy,we shall see - loved how the tyres bedded in as the race went on,i was improving my lap time all the time,and had my best time of 1:59 on the last lap.

Graphics are good,not quite as good as Dirt 2 but i can understand that when theres 24 cars on track at the same time - love the rain effect on the screen,cant see much as in real life! Handling is great,really feels like you can try and push the car to the limit,and im going enjoy learning all the tracks braking points - i picked up Bahrain quite quick.

Note to the gt5 designers. I crashed this morning, and the car behind drove around me. Take heed.

Hehe, I also love that they actually fight for a position, not follow a pre-determined path 99% of the time. Being lapped isn't quite right though, unless you move miles off the racing line it penalises you, even though there was more than enough room for Alonso to continue on his way unimpeded in the first place.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I like how AI cars infront notice that you're running faster than them and just move over.

Seems to be mainly just the backmarkers, but I had Button do it for me on Melbourne too