ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Lee... F1 Championship

Lee

BMW M2C
Most of the problems, and things people have commented on but don't like are things we are aware of, and want to address in the patch.

Obviously time, budget and the license restrictions have knock on effects. Plus this was our first F1 game, and you can't get everything right the first time.

I'm pleased we got the core driving experience to where we did.

Once I'm back in the office I'll pick over this thread and compile a list of peoples comments to take onboard for the future. As I said though, we're not idiots and know most of the short comings.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
I like how AI cars infront notice that you're running faster than them and just move over.

Seems to be mainly just the backmarkers, but I had Button do it for me on Melbourne too

Really? I've come to the conclusion that Sutil doesn't like me .... when I'm on a flying lap he always seems to appear out of the pits and cuts me up. Wanker.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I love how much of an awkward c**t alonso is, and vettel looks a bit wild when you follow him.

I need a temporary divorce tbh, a good few weeks to concentrate on this while the wife buggers off.

Yaris Hybrid
I'm quite impressed with the AI. They certainly compensate for player incompetence to avoid accidents.

One thing about replays, the papyrus games back in the mid 90's did a good job for the time of simulating TV footage replays - i.e. looking like fixed camera positions from around the track and zooming in on cars and pulling back as they got closer whilst zooming in again as they went away.

I wish we could have that in 2011 instead of these flashy floating "MTV" cameras!

Golf R/Leon FR
I'm not getting on very well with the PS3 pad, I have the difficulty on medium and cannot improve my position of 20th. I went on easy and came 2nd with Lotus on the first 3 races. Trying to get through a corner and getting the power down without spinning or getting no traction is hard with the triggers or buttons. I need a wheel LOL

Lee

BMW M2C
Will we get the new mclaren wing in a little update?

No car updates. That would require DLC and we don't have plans for any. By the time the wing was made and cleared by FOM and the teams it would be next year.

Gareth, medium TC is worth running on the pad.

About the driver AI. Some also have tracks they are stronger on, as well as good and bad weekends.

v6
Loving it so far :) using the g25 and it's really really good, can't imagine using a pad!

I've noticed Schumacher gets great starts and doesn't move over at all, the arse, pretty realistic!

Only issue I've had so far is one race where my engine noise was virtually silent, restarted the race and was fine then though

RS Clio 182
My first race at Bahrain,where i came 3rd - the 2 drivers behind me in 4th & 5th were Petrov & Buemi hehe...talk about a surprise result

Yaris Hybrid
I'm not getting on very well with the PS3 pad, I have the difficulty on medium and cannot improve my position of 20th. I went on easy and came 2nd with Lotus on the first 3 races. Trying to get through a corner and getting the power down without spinning or getting no traction is hard with the triggers or buttons. I need a wheel LOL

I can't stand the triggers on my PS3. Have you tried (is it possible?) mapping the accelerator and brakes to the right stick? I have used that for Gran Turismo ever since dualshock came out so I can play like that every bit as well as I can with triggers on the 360.

Golf R/Leon FR
I can't stand the triggers on my PS3. Have you tried (is it possible?) mapping the accelerator and brakes to the right stick? I have used that for Gran Turismo ever since dualshock came out so I can play like that every bit as well as I can with triggers on the 360.

I think it is one of the preset controller option on the game, I didn't think I'd get along with that set up. But I can give it a try.

Yaris Hybrid
I'm guessing that map will also put the gears up on the L&R bumpers which personally I've always preferred over using the X and Square or whatever.

Mk2 MX5 1.8iS - Side
I bought this yesterday for the PS3.

Had a little play with a controller and thought meh. Then remembered that I had a steering wheel that I had bought about 18 months ago to use with GTR2. Tried it on the PS and it works.

This has totally transformed the game for me. Made myself a little platform for the wheel, and now I love it. All aids off, except suggested braking.

This game is f**king awesome. Love the way that I am pushing myself to go faster and faster all the time. and it's so much easier to ease back onto the power on the way out of a corner than with the pad.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
A small point that reflects the real life cars - is it just me who gets easily distracted by the stub aerial ahead of the cockpit? It's slap-bang in the middle of the drivers vision and has took me a while to look 'beyond' that. I bet the real F1 guys have long since forgotten that it's even there - lol.

D.

Whats the cheapest good wheel for 360? Im loving the game, but the pad doesnt do the game justice I think. I keep restarting Monaco, I'm on pole (for Force India - get in!) and I keep making mistakes. You have to be so precise, and a pad just cant do it smoothly enough I think.

Oh...and I'm up to Monaco, and its my first dry race! Even Bahrain was in the wet!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
How do I force my pit crew to give me the option tyre.

First race I have started on the prime and every time I pit they give me another prime and then i fail the race. I've tried pressing down and choosing option but it doesn't make a difference?

E87 118d M Sport
Choose Wiliams to start with. Pole on and a finish 2nd on the first race. So far very impressed with the game. I started on Medium but havent used any flashbacks yet.

RS Clio 182
Just came 11th in my 2nd race at Melbourne - suffered the pit-stop bug but fought my way bk to 7th,but then spun it on the last lap!

Does anyone know where the option is for fuel,tyre & damage simulation?

On the difficulty settings in the initial race menu, press the button and it will open more detailed settings, scroll down and you will see AI, flags, damage etc.

Took me two days to find it!

As for tyres, go into the Tyres menu in the garage and you can set your strategy, choosing which tyres and when. As long as you pit as per strategy it will be fine, if you choose to pit at a different time it will ignore your original tyre choice and put the same ones on again...odd. However, press a direction arrow on the d pad as you drive into the pits and you should be able to choose then.

I think the manual writer had an off day, as it covers none of the stuff you need to know!

Last edited:
  Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Got it on Hard difficulty, just started a new career in toro rosso, qualified 12th and finished 1st and I spun out twice clapping the curb in turn 2, b*****d thing.

RS Clio 182
On the difficulty settings in the initial race menu, press the button and it will open more detailed settings, scroll down and you will see AI, flags, damage etc.

Took me two days to find it!

Cheers i found it,that should be marked more clearly! Anyway it turns out i had only visual damage on,so turned that to full and also tyre simulation on - but left fuel simulation off as ive heard about the bug where it only effects your car and not the AI!

Golf R/Leon FR
Im definitely going to have to get a wheel, I'm getting really frustrated with the pad, and cannot for the life of me get out of the bottom 6 places.

Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
Im definitely going to have to get a wheel, I'm getting really frustrated with the pad, and cannot for the life of me get out of the bottom 6 places.

Have you tried swapping acceleration and braking to 'x' and 'o' buttons, i found it gave me more control and haven't been spinning out

I'm still loving it at the mo, only slight flaw i think is the amount of damage your car can take, on the old F1 CE you were lucky to get round monaco with all four wheels still attached to your car but in this one you can almost bounce your way off the barriers all the way round, apart from that its still awesome!!

dk

911 GTS Cab
Hmmm, if it's true then I will be f**king disappointed!

It all makes sense though now someone points it out as I had noticed some anomalies and also wondered where the in race split times were.

Golf R/Leon FR
Have you tried swapping acceleration and braking to 'x' and 'o' buttons, i found it gave me more control and haven't been spinning out

I'm still loving it at the mo, only slight flaw i think is the amount of damage your car can take, on the old F1 CE you were lucky to get round monaco with all four wheels still attached to your car but in this one you can almost bounce your way off the barriers all the way round, apart from that its still awesome!!

Yeah I swapped them, but like having more control of the throttle. But i'll try it again.

As per the AI times, seems it is true and very shocking.

Evo 8 Jap Crap
THis games a joke its going back to hmv tomorrow.

How codies can release a game with fake ai in full race mode is beyond a joke, amazed reviewers didnt pick up on this, they must of been told not to mention it cause you cant not notice

Golf R/Leon FR
I'm interested to see what Lee says about this, and if there is anything in the patch to fix it? But I assume its not something that can be patched quickly?

dk

911 GTS Cab
THis games a joke its going back to hmv tomorrow.

How codies can release a game with fake ai in full race mode is beyond a joke, amazed reviewers didnt pick up on this, they must of been told not to mention it cause you cant not notice
lol, good luck with that........

I'd like a refund please

why?

because the in-game ai are fake and don't actually lap

okkkaaayyyy then, erm, no.

182 Full of Fat
So I was infact correct when I said it felt like I was racing myself due to no split times lol

That's just reminded me actually of ALOT of times when the engineer states "so and so is just behind/ahead" but there isn't actually a car to be seen, confused me quite a few times. I take it that ties in with this AI issue

RS Clio 182
I'm interested to see what Lee says about this, and if there is anything in the patch to fix it? But I assume its not something that can be patched quickly?

This is what someone said explaining the fake AI on the codies forum - i agree i cant see it being fixed with a patch,i dont think its possible anyway.

''The cars you see running, other than you, aren't your opponents. They are there just for fill. In qualifying, the times you see in your monitor, haven't been run by these other cars, they're computer generated in the background. This is why there's no replay to see AI laps, or anything like that. In race aswell, the other cars only show up to your screen when you're close - other times there's just computer generated lap times for them running around.

That is absolutely awful, and the worst thing is, it's design choise by Codemasters, which means it WILL NOT get fixed with a patch.''

Id like to hear what Lee says about this aswell...