ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Lee... F1 Championship

Golf R/Leon FR
I have to say I've been playing this on career mode since 4pm today, and I have loved it, not really noticed much errors in the timings either (in race). It certainly hasn't stopped me playing it.
A few more CS challenges would be good too.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
If forza dev's had done this game it would be much better.

The frame rate on monaco is a joke tbh.

I think singapore and australia are the 2 best tracks, both have decent frame rate too.

Noooooo, a net 14th well into a 40% race in Malaysia, just waiting for 4 cars ahead of me to make their first stop (already made mine)...and nothing. They just complete the race without stopping.

Career mode is out of bounds for me until it's patched, far too much time to put into something that may or may not work correctly. At least Time Trial mode is good fun.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Just done the first weekend in career mode.

The freezing every now and then is really irritating.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Also noticed something a bit weird.

I tried doing a couple of practice sessions on different tracks before i started the career mode. The A.I. in GP mode seemed to be a LOT faster than in career mode despite being set to the same difficulty? In both Singapore and Barcelona i was doing similar times to my teammate but when i did Bahrain i blitzed the field :S I even turned all the aids off.

1.8 Civic EX
ok so ignoring all the bugs is anyone actually enjoying the game?

I've picked it up today and now this is my third time of starting a new career. i'm just not enjoying it for some reason. I'm still yet to complete a full race weekend at bahrain. I do a few practice laps, put in a quali time which i always seem to end up with 23 or 24th place, start a race, do about 4 laps and just turn it off half way through the race. I'm playing on medium difficulty with all aids off. Best lap time so far is 2.09.544., just seems impossible to do any better or actually get anywhere in a race.

RenaultSport 172
Only bugs I've come across so far is a car driving though me in the pit lane and the lap times, but generally I'm quite enjoying it!

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member

I've picked it up today and now this is my third time of starting a new career. i'm just not enjoying it for some reason. I'm still yet to complete a full race weekend at bahrain. I do a few practice laps, put in a quali time which i always seem to end up with 23 or 24th place, start a race, do about 4 laps and just turn it off half way through the race. I'm playing on medium difficulty with all aids off. Best lap time so far is 2.09.544., just seems impossible to do any better or actually get anywhere in a race.
^Try and balance it up so you're competitive?

So either turn the difficulty down a notch or turn some aids back on. Then crank it back up when you improve.

1.8 Civic EX
^Try and balance it up so you're competitive?

So either turn the difficulty down a notch or turn some aids back on. Then crank it back up when you improve.

already dropped the difficulty, it seems to have made no difference to the opponents lap times at all.

turned it off again now, just can't be arsed, disappointed with it really. might give it another go tomorrow...

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
How do they fix these bugs? I was tempted to buy it but won't until it's been resolved now. Will it be "fixed" by way of downloads? I.e updates.

Tbh, with all the complaining/bugs the game sounds truely awful. Is it really that bad? I cannot believe that it is. Surely it wouldn't of gone to production otherwise.

Citroen DS3 DSport
On Medium difficulty with all driving aids off i found Bahrain very easy. Finished qualifying and the race in 1st place. I've now increased the difficulty level.

I think it's a great game, yes it has faults but none that have killed the enjoyment of racing for me.

1.8 Civic EX
On Medium difficulty with all driving aids off i found Bahrain very easy. Finished qualifying and the race in 1st place. I've now increased the difficulty level.

wish i did, what sort of lap times were you putting in and what times were the ai getting?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
How do they fix these bugs? I was tempted to buy it but won't until it's been resolved now. Will it be "fixed" by way of downloads? I.e updates.

Tbh, with all the complaining/bugs the game sounds truely awful. Is it really that bad? I cannot believe that it is. Surely it wouldn't of gone to production otherwise.

2011 comes out and everyone buys it hoping the bugs are fixed.

Too much is wrong to fix this one now, this is it.

Personally, I've had reservations since I found out codemasters were making it, it should of gone to turn 10/bizarre but money speaks i suppose

Oil Burner
I was getting 1.54 at Bahrain the AI on either (medium or hard - Not sure which) were getting 1.59

2011 comes out and everyone buys it hoping the bugs are fixed.

Too much is wrong to fix this one now, this is it.

Personally, I've had reservations since I found out codemasters were making it, it should of gone to turn 10/bizarre but money speaks i suppose

You should not be a Codemasters rep ;)

Take it back if you dislike it this much.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
You should not be a Codemasters rep ;)

Take it back if you dislike it this much.

Slightly confused by that first comment.

I think this game is awesome when it works, but at other times it is shockingly bad.

Like I said earlier, I really enjoy Australia and Singapore, doesn't seem to be any bugs and the video is smooth, I'm happy. But come on to monaco and its a different story, its really 'jumpy' and makes the whole experience awful. This makes the career mode crap since i get to a bad track and just dont want to do it. Maybe its because the background on Monaco is a lot more technical than the other tracks, and the current generation of consoles dont have the power to process it quick enough at the quality codemasters have chosen to have them in. Then again PGR4 had some amazing graphics and that never had the problems.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
wish i did, what sort of lap times were you putting in and what times were the ai getting?
For me, on what was apparently intermediate, the fast guys were doing 2:02s

I'm enjoying the game but i'm a big F1 fan. It just seems a bit incomplete and possibly rushed out.

When you get in the zone it's awesome, particuarly with a wheel. That's the annoying thing though, the core driving is excellent when you've tweaked the difficulty to your liking (I've got it so 14th or thereabouts is a monumental achievement in my Lotus, most races I'm fighting with Senna and Di Grassi at the back) but play it long enough and it will let you down by way of a crippling bug, and the lack of timing info reduces the chances of some really exciting long-race battles.

Codies F1 top man has confirmed there is no AI fakery in races, which by elimination means there are a whole heap of extra bugs on top of the obvious ones people are already experiencing.

Golf R/Leon FR
The game play is awesome, its just the pit bug, the timings, lack of split times, random and too often punctures, dodgy grid placings.

Also I have just completed the Malaysian GP, it started raining on lap 4 of 11. I stayed out on the primes and the handling was no different? I was driving no differently and the car never twitched.

Rhino - I didn't really get into the game until a day after playing, keep persisting. And some of the bugs are due to be fixed in a month or two, according to Lee's earlier post.

1.8 Civic EX
For me, on what was apparently intermediate, the fast guys were doing 2:02s

I'm enjoying the game but i'm a big F1 fan. It just seems a bit incomplete and possibly rushed out.

same times as mine then as i dropped to intemediate.

just put it on for another try, tried a different view and put the full racing line on, made chuff all difference was still getting the same times, didn't even get past day 1 practice, just turned it off as its annoying me now. it's a shame as i really want to enjoy it but can't.

1.8 Civic EX
thats the view i just changed it to (was using the main cockpit view) i prefered it raised i think so will prob stick with that, tried it with the virgin and the lotus both getting the same times.

dk

911 GTS Cab

I think it's a great game, yes it has faults but none that have killed the enjoyment of racing for me.

I did the same, started on medium and qualified 8th I think and finished second, so for oz I increased the ai to hard and qualified 24th and finished 20th!

I've heard Bahrain ai is easy, so I might knock it down again to medium for rest of my first season, I want to finish mid table in my lotus.

1.8 Civic EX
Have you tried a different track Rhino? Bahrain is pretty dull which doesn't help.

no not yet, i can't be arsed with it now. if i keep trying tonight i'm gonna end up with gamer rage lol

think i might just put it on the easiest setting, put all aids on and give it another go tomorrow. will take all the challenge out of it but at least it might make it a little more enjoyable.

i have all aids on except braking assist (that was doing my head in) ive done the first 2 race's in career with lotus, havn't had (or maybe its havn't noticed) any of the bugs or AI problems, but now i will be looking for it all.

This thread has ruined the game for me ;)
Still its great fun playing online (destruction derby?)

Fabia VRS Special Ed

I have all the aids off, expert difficulty...Won the Bahrain race before, spun on the last lap after picking up some marbles when I ran off the racing line, almost got taken over by Button, had to fend him off to the line, was EPIC!

My best lap in qualifying was 1: 58 something.

Fabia VRS Special Ed
Best view is POV tbh :) Adds to the realism!

I love the way you can only turn your head slightly to look at your mirrors, miles better than being able to swivel about...Although you can look out the rear :(