ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Lee... F1 Championship

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
lmao at all the people not going to buy this game because a few cs'ers said bug this bla that...

If you researched everything you were ever going to spend money on you would never buy anything. As EVERYONE has a different opinion on things - wonder what people did before forums existed - oh yeh I remember made their own decisions ;)

SLK 350
Game sounds terrible. Anybody happen to know when MotoGP is out?

@Daz, you're totally right, I've completely ignored your post.

Simple fact is if people are spending their hard earnt on a game, why should they have to put up with obvious problems (which should have come to light long before release)? Sure people will forgive occasional issue, but not at the integrity if the overall game. This looks like a great example of "fk it... they might not notice, if they do we'll patch it... maybe". Unacceptable.

Hope they get the license revoked.

Last edited:
  Audi TT 225 Quattro
I will say the online multiplayer put of the game is brilliant, so so addictive. heart was in my mouth on alot of the races i had tonight:D excellent stuff. i have been experiencing a few little niggly problems with the G25 like when on the line up waiting to start it will want to steer left on its own, as soon as the race starts its fine tho.... Handling with the wheel while racing is spot on and couldn't ask for it to be any better really. Really have got the feel of the car steering spot on imo.

I will say the online multiplayer put of the game is brilliant, so so addictive. heart was in my mouth on alot of the races i had tonight:D excellent stuff. i have been experiencing a few little niggly problems with the G25 like when on the line up waiting to start it will want to steer left on its own, as soon as the race starts its fine tho.... Handling with the wheel while racing is spot on and couldn't ask for it to be any better really. Really have got the feel of the car steering spot on imo.

Torque steer?

57 Clio Campus Sport
With Codemasters releasing F1 2010 to an audience desperate for a great looking and challenging racing experience, it seems that things have been rushed somewhat. While elongating pit stops and removing the need for AI drivers to pit at all certainly increases the challenge, it’s not in the spirit of the game and surely not what Codies had in mind.

Read the full list of bugs here – found more? Let us know and we’ll update the list.

BUGS & ERRORS OFFLINE
-Pitstop exiting hesitation (see targa thread for temporary solution) (ALL FORMATS)
-Race results not portraying actual results (ALL FORMATS)
-Tyre punctures occur far too frequent (ALL FORMATS)
-AI blue flag issue, they get disqualified (ALL FORMATS)
-AI Fuel: AI qualifying slower then race start (ALL FORMATS)
-AI ghosting cars (ALL FORMATS)
-AI erratic swerving (in race when heating tyres isnt necessary)(ALL FORMATS)
-AI drivers not pitting at all in a race. (ALL FORMATS)
-Sound delay on shifting (ALL FORMATS)
-Split timing would be Usefull on screen. (ALL FORMATS)
-Sector 3 times don’t stay up, you can’t ever see your sector 3 (ALL FORMATS)
-Slight lag on controls of car (ALL FORMATS)
-Camera bug in time trial when exiting and rentering session head/hands disaapears TBC (ALL FORMATS)
-Tyre availability bug in practice sessions, e.g., no Primes available in P2 image (ALL FORMATS)
-Cars not being serviced in the pits and just sitting there, causing user to reset race if teammate is stuck. TBC (ALL FORMATS)
-Pit limiter auto on regardless of setting. (ALL FORMATS)
-wet times too fast , almost identical to dry times !??! (ALL FORMATS)
- too much grip in the rain (ALL FORMATS)
- too much grip with Intermediate/full wets (ALL FORMATS)
- live timer doesn’t show personal best sector times (ALL FORMATS)
- third soft/hard tyre set not available in qualifying (ALL FORMATS)
- penalties given to player when ai hit you and also far too sensitive in certain forced situations (ALL FORMATS)
-Freezing and locking up often (XBOX360)
-Sustaining damage has no effect on performance on user or AI cars (ALL FORMATS)
-Remove hidden anti spin mechanic car doesn’t feel right (or give option on/off) (ALL FORMATS)
-IN/OUT laps not counted in lap count for sessions (ALL FORMATS)
-Users reporting Corrupt Save Data (ALL FORMATS)

Source: http://www.thegamingreview.com/2010/09/f1-2010-hit-by-major-bugs/

Source: http://www.product-reviews.net/2010/09/26/f1-2010-problems-freezing-bugs-and-errors-ps3-xbox-360-pc/

I've ordered mine already...

Ad

MK2 FRS
Noooooo, a net 14th well into a 40% race in Malaysia, just waiting for 4 cars ahead of me to make their first stop (already made mine)...and nothing. They just complete the race without stopping.

Career mode is out of bounds for me until it's patched, far too much time to put into something that may or may not work correctly. At least Time Trial mode is good fun.

Makes sense then, I couldnt figure out how some of them had got ahead of me at Malaysia.

Makes sense then, I couldnt figure out how some of them had got ahead of me at Malaysia.

I had a dig around the Codies forum, it's pretty common at Malaysia, people seem to think it's related to the chance of rain, so presumably they run a wet race even if it never actually rains.

Also noticed it had a 66% chance of rain at the start of one of my practice sessions...but it was clearly lashing it down outside the garage!

E87 118d M Sport
I had a couple of the bugs last night (hesitating in the pits, vettel didnt pit once (in the dry), ghosting cars on leaving the pits, me getting hit by AI and me getting the penalty) BUT still love the game. Im sure Codemasters will release some fixes soon, and I'd much rather be playing the game than not.

Just started Monte Carlo. my GOD would it be epic to actually drive that track in a proper F1 car. balls much!!!!!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I was on multiplayer last night with Chris and Alex and it was amazing. We only played Melbourne Park and Spa, but the quali really adds to the build up when you're racing with friends.

All our quali laps were within two hundredths of each other, too.

You really can't drive this game at eight tenths, you'll make more mistakes. 100% commitment to every corner and you actually smooth out.

Yup was good fun last night, although I kept fudging up in qualifying. Until Spa....

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 49

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
OMG Bugs! who gives a s**t its a game not real life or is it?...

Ive noticed some but the only game thats pissed me off with Bugs was Fallout3 but i still put many hours into it. Cast iron FACT is your being a Queen if your moaning.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I agree, but when you finish a race in second place, then you're classified eleventh for no reason, it doesn't really make it fun. lol

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Slightly confused by that first comment.

I think this game is awesome when it works, but at other times it is shockingly bad.

Like I said earlier, I really enjoy Australia and Singapore, doesn't seem to be any bugs and the video is smooth, I'm happy. But come on to monaco and its a different story, its really 'jumpy' and makes the whole experience awful. This makes the career mode crap since i get to a bad track and just dont want to do it. Maybe its because the background on Monaco is a lot more technical than the other tracks, and the current generation of consoles dont have the power to process it quick enough at the quality codemasters have chosen to have them in. Then again PGR4 had some amazing graphics and that never had the problems.

I'll give Monaco a go on the PC m8, let you know if its any better...

D.

E87 118d M Sport
I did have a problem on monaco last night. the chicane towards the end of the track, kinda jerks and almost feels like it puts you in auto drive for a split second.

I lost my front wing early in the race at Monaco... I managed to not only overtake half the pack but I also came first, without a front wing lol

Would love to play online with folk who aren't looking to have me off at the first corner, gamertag is LF21 for the 360. :)

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30
This thread has gone downhill since I last looked. Unsure what to do now if this is true, pretty much destroys single player side of the game.

just got back from holiday and been catching up on threads.

Is it really this bad?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
TBF its not actually that bad. I would KILL for a wheel set-up, but cant really afford it and havent got the space even if I could lol.

It really is worth it m8, if you can manage it. Totally transforms any racing game - making it play like it should be played. What's better is that the software makes them so tunable to the type of game you're playing. On F1, I have the feedback quite heavily loaded so that I'm effectively fighting the wheel into corners (tiring, for sure - but definitely more fun!) - whereas with DiRT2 and rallying, I really lighten-up the feedback so that I can make quick flicks of opposite lock when needed. They really are that flexible.

Personally, I'd recommend a proper computer desk to mount a wheel on. Not only is it sturdy, but unclipping the wheel gives you a fully functioning desk for other things. I have used a full-blown racing seat and while it was great, you do need that extra space to house it.

D.

Peugeot 308
I lost my front wing early in the race at Monaco... I managed to not only overtake half the pack but I also came first, without a front wing lol

Had the same in one of my career races.

Im convinced my Virgin Cosworth handles better for it?!? lol still managed 208mph down the straights.

172//Crap Micra//Bus
Not had a lot of free time to really play it this weekend, but its generally bloody brilliant. Sure it has a few bugs, and I can't get online at the mo, but i'm still really enjoying it. I did have to have minimal traction on though, because im constantly on it, and constantly spinning as a result. I'll get used to it though, but I am desperately in need of a proper wheel. Controller are OK, but my fingers were getting pretty achey mid way through the likes of practice and quali.

Also, has anyone attempted a Webber yet? I really wanna see if I can do it lol.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Weird, playing today and it's bizarre. Lost my front wing, and the handling went to pot. Came in, new wing on. The. Lost it again, and the handling didn't change at all!

There's a big feature on the game in F1 racing mag, frankly it's a bit embarrassing. Banging on about the queue system when pitting (doesn't work), codemasters saying the weather system is the best ever seen, talkin about how extensively it was tested for bugs and glitches!

Over promised and under delivered!

E87 118d M Sport
Unfortunately so, but now its how quickly then can fix it. What's happened has happened. A good developer now will correct mistakes and apologise. So lets see if they do that.
Cuz tbf, apart from the bugs, the games insane!!

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
I'm a little confused, I completed the first 2 races of the career mode (Bahrain and Melborne) and finished the races in the top half of the field and got points, also qualified really well.

I turned on the tyre and race (flags etc) simulation and now I can't even qualify above 24th place! I'm around 2-3 seconds off the pace of the car in 23rd position! I have no idea why, I'm driving well without making mistakes!

Cupra
I've only had a 10 minute blast around Spa in time trial mode but this is the most fun I have had with a F1 game since F1 on the Megadrive.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
Meh, still went and bought it today, me and my mates will try to run each other off the road online, doesn't get much better than that.