ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Lee... F1 Championship

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
So ... has the Xbox update been approved yet?

The game has it's flaws, but it's still a cracking game over mutiplayer - not got bored of it yet!

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Bought f1 and took it back same day its just race driver grid all over again lol

yea because in F1 you can practically not brake round any corners and update parts on the car, pit, change the weather the list is longer beleive me

Clio 200 Raider
Bought f1 and took it back same day its just race driver grid all over again lol

lol grid was shocking,

your playing with a pad i take it? pc and g25 this game is seriously good, yes there is some glitches and issues but i think they have done a really good job. top effort

RS Clio 182
I updated my PS3 Version with the patch and noticed all the AI split times in the race are correct now - still to confirm if everyone pits though throughout a race - anyway i won my first championship in my first season in the lotus!! - all the other teams i had offers for had rejected me cos i had a retirement in Korea but then Ferrari came in for me on the last race haha! So im Alonso's teammate next season - i will definatly be making the difficulty harder though - the toughest thing about the first season were the wet races...

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Well lee 3rd sector times for the player in practice and quali are still missing :( but ive noticed that the AI move out of the way more now. Other than that it seems improved pittings so much better now lol oh and i dunno weather you've changed it or not but it doesnt seem so harsh on penalties now

Loving the +/- sector times, has transformed long races now I actually know where people are in relation to myself.

AI seems more realistic as well now, ie Rubens doesn't now always finish near the back, and Chandok doesn't always somehow end up in the top 10.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Downloaded the patch (XBOX) last night...

Game is still buggy as hell :(

Quick online race (3 laps, no wear etc) and the racing line keeps directing me into the pits lol

Anyone else noticed this?

Played with on ps3 just thought it was 2 similar 2 grid to warrant £40 lol

Grid was an arcade racer, F1 2010 whilst not a PC sim has an awesome handling model and its so far removed from Grid its not even worth saying in the same sentence. You can really tell what the cars are doing and you know when you've overcooked it before the car spins - awesome stuff.

Patch hasn't 'fully' worked at least for me, still AI ghosting but a fair few improvements!

Lee any more patches in the pipeline or is this it now? ta!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I have about 2,000 gamer points, my best mate has something like 45,000.

The test of a driving game for me is if he can win as an experienced gamer, or if I can win as an experienced driver.

On F1, I hand him his arse. First time I turned it on we jumped onto a familiar track - he'd been at it for a few days already, and I still owned him.

So from a 'does it feel like you're driving on a track and can tell what's going on with the car' viewpoint, I think Lee and his team have got it bang on.

All the other crap about bugs etc. matters not when the basic model is so good IMO.

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
very, very good game.

I'm using a prologic wheel, no assists at all.

Into my 5th race of my career with HRT and I'm struggling. What I can't understand is how I can get 1:24 in a time trial(out of career mode) but can't crack 1:27 no matter how hard I try in quali during career mode(catalunya). Exactly the same settings during both, same tyres, same difficulty (expert), same weather and same team......its winding me up though because my team want me in 15th for quali but i can only get 23rd.

Any ideas?

Oil Burner
very, very good game.

I'm using a prologic wheel, no assists at all.

Into my 5th race of my career with HRT and I'm struggling. What I can't understand is how I can get 1:24 in a time trial(out of career mode) but can't crack 1:27 no matter how hard I try in quali during career mode(catalunya). Exactly the same settings during both, same tyres, same difficulty (expert), same weather and same team......its winding me up though because my team want me in 15th for quali but i can only get 23rd.

Any ideas?

The career mode has the upgrades applied as you complete the R+D objectives. Time trial has them all applied (as if it was the last race of the season).

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
The career mode has the upgrades applied as you complete the R+D objectives. Time trial has them all applied (as if it was the last race of the season).

Ah, I did think that but wasn't sure. Only upgrade I've got so far is engine management. Hoping my team doesn't sack me before the end of the season!

Ph 1 172
Anyone else have a problem where the xbox version freezers for a second or two than carries on like normal?

Update fixed a lot of things, pits are so much better and so is ai pitting

DCi
bought this today seeing as the patch is out, it's good but i put it on the expert difficulty when they ask you your name at the start but I think there might still be some assists? very hard to damage the car and is the traction control on because the real cars have it? or can i make it harder for myself?? :p

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
erm sounds like its on easy bud, Hards everything off sooo...

ABS - off
TCS - off
Driving line - off
Manual sequencial - on
Damage - full
Tyre ware - on
Fuel - on
Manual Pit limiter - on
Manual Pit Box - on
AI difficulty - Legendary

BMW F31
Anyone else have a problem where the xbox version freezers for a second or two than carries on like normal?

Update fixed a lot of things, pits are so much better and so is ai pitting

Yes, nearly every race I get this! so bloody annoying especially when mid corner!

DCi
erm sounds like its on easy bud, Hards everything off sooo...

ABS - off
TCS - off
Driving line - off
Manual sequencial - on
Damage - full
Tyre ware - on
Fuel - on
Manual Pit limiter - on
Manual Pit Box - on
nah im on hard i have the same as you've just listed, maybe it's the lotus being slow and although you can lose traction it doesn't happen that much... still the cars are much stronger than real life :rasp:

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
I find that the HRT doesnt have a problem spitting me out or some corners backwards lol the lower cars do seem to be easyer to drive but with shite results. Tonight i was racing at china 3rd different career, and i qualified 17th and managed to finish 11th after a 5 lap battle with Rosburg, was very difficult to hold him off on the last lap as my primes were going off plus changing the downforce twice a lap doesnt help (lost one of the extra front wings) after my stop. Barcelona was fun, rained P1, P3, Q1, 2 and entire race qualifed 18th finished 11th due to many Ai spins next race is Monaco. Im 14th in the standings with 2points which i acquired in Bahrain.

PH1 iceburg
Played for the first time last night on a g25 and race stand pro. Cannot beleive how different it makes the game. I normally hate cockpt view but with this it is awesome, you can corner with so much more precision.

Dear Santa/wife.............

DCi
I have noticed the AI is much quicker than me on Australia and Barcelona, 2 tracks which I know very well from previous games.

Yet Bahrain and China which I've never played before I fly past everyone.

I think it's rigged tsk tsk tsk.

DCi
the point is why does the AI vary so much on 1 difficulty level, is this intentional or do codies want you not to win every race to try and make a story out of it :\

Oil Burner
This game is all about online play. If you find a decent session with clean players (a challenge sometimes) you can have some epic games. I did a 30% race where it came down to the last lap and me and 1st place guy were swapping places right until the line.

I do wish that the cars were easier to drift a little on the throttle using a pad.

Spec C 12.5@110 (345/355)
AI driver not pitting and top drivers dropping back into the pack and lapping like an HRT bugs are still present. I played it for 2 hours today, 75% race, everything off, fuel/tyre sim on and those were the glaringly obvious bugs I've picked up so far. I hope there is another patch coming out soon, or are Codemasters happy with the finished product now, despite imho, it still being far from finished.

Last edited:
  Spec C 12.5@110 (345/355)
360. Just been on the codies forum, its not pretty. I think I'll leave career until patch1.02 comes out.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Oh dear lol, I raced at Montreal last night after.... wait for it.... Qualifying on Pole in the HRT and i won! Closely followed by Webber, im shocked tbh as thats with these options...

ABS - off
TCS - off
Driving line - Corners only
Manual sequencial - off
Damage - full
Tyre ware - on
Fuel - on
Manual Pit limiter - on
Manual Pit Box - on

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
You should take away the driving line and do manual gears, I can imagine its pretty easy with them on. All I do is have the racing line on for the free practice to learn the track/braking points and thats it, seems to work ok.

I do agree Montreal seems to be an easier track as I qualified 4th in the HRT after finishing no higher than 16th in any of the races before. No assists at all, using wheel.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
well yea but seeing as i dont know 70% of the tracks its fair to say having them on is allowed. Im also using a wheel, any way i still brake where & when i like its mainly track position for apex's, not like i have it all the way round lol

And i thought you were a pro bifcaids ;)

TBH I love this game although am not very good, just starting Montreal (canada) in first season and have had it since launch! that said i have been learning the tracks without racing lines as I found they juts put me off and they are not always the best routes through.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
lol, me pro Ha! I know what you mean about not always the best, good example motreal the stright before that last chicain. The game indecates you should be braking earlyer, dont wait untill your about half way through the red start braking then turn in turn out Job done! Be very careful though because if you clip that last kerb in the wrong place "Hello" wall fancy seeing you here.