ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO of williams owners

I currently have a 16v but due to the little change in insurance im looking for a williams

I prefere williams 2s because of the colour but either way im not that fussed 1,2,3

most that i have seen for sale have close if not in excess of 100k on the clock. do you see this as being a problem?

Also any of you want to sell yours?

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

On these cars Id consider condition/owners/service history/maintenance to be more important than mileage..there are still a fair few sub 50/70k Williamsess around though, you just have to look round a bit.

Massey6465 & saxo1.1

When I was looking for a Williams at the begining of the year,I wanted a low milage car......and had to wait ages till I got one-but for me this was important(cus I want to keep it a while!)Be prepared to travel and try and get there quick when you hear of one(I was beaten to a couple cus I had to allways wait till the weekend to view)I posted on the wanted forum here and the renaultsportsclub and got replys.Ended up traveling about 150miles to get mine when it came up. Good luck and remember to check the arches!

I had a 16V and then a mint Williams. You have to look carefully for the best, but they do exist. I was lucky - the guy I bought mine from phoned me up in response to a post on RSC... I just thought it was too good to be true!

Theres a fair difference between the 16V and the Willy - not least the feel of pure driver focus. Going from a Ph2 16V with leather to a Willy 1 was a step down in comfort terms, but I loved it.

You can definitely buy faster cars for £5k, but you wont get many other icons for the price. Im gradually working my way through Evos five-star cars and have a Fiat Coupe 20V Turbo now - much more grown up. The Coup definitely impresses people, but obviously doesnt have the rally glory and isnt clearly the best ever of its type.

I think the fact that the Willy is compared mainly to cars like Elises, 911s, Scoobies etc in tests says it all really. Its the bona fide, gold standard, creme de la creme of hot hatches and I loved owning and driving mine.

It depends on who you are, but when I look back at the pictures of No.123 its like being punched in the stomach (just like seeing a fit ex-girlfriend). Thats never happened to me before!

Quote: Originally posted by Peel on 13 September 2004

I currently have a 16v but due to the little change in insurance im looking for a williams

I prefere williams 2s because of the colour but either way im not that fussed 1,2,3

most that i have seen for sale have close if not in excess of 100k on the clock. do you see this as being a problem?

Also any of you want to sell yours?
Are you sure you dont mean Williams 3?

Its a different shade of blue but the 1 and 2 are the same blue.

williams 3 are monico blue arnt they!! i prefere the colour of the 1 and 2.

id prefere a 2 over a 1 simply because i like the phase 2 boot lid and bump strips however the 1 is the origional and perhaps in the future the most cherrished?!?

id take a 3 simply because they are the newest and are likely to have the least miles on them.

at the end of the day each has there plus points i guess and if the right one came along id snap it up.

there is a 3 for sale in the trader but its going for nearly 7K!! i dont think i could part with that sort of cash for one.

Quote: Originally posted by Peel on 13 September 2004

there is a 3 for sale in the trader but its going for nearly 7K!! i dont think i could part with that sort of cash for one.

Bigger selling price doesnt mean a better car! Just look at lots of them.

As everyone has mentioned, look for the best condition one, Dont worry too much about mileage, mines now on 86k. I Was stopped in supermarket buy a guy last month who as it turned out had owned his williams 1 from new. think his was on 135k+ and still running strong. he referred to mine as "just Run in!"

Where are you from?

Snotter's

just bort a wills 2 wi 93k on it,ecu has gone so its costing bout £500 apart from that the car is great !!