ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fao peeps with ITB's

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
is it just common practice to stick a nut and bolt with a couple of washers either side onto the engine mount hole that is left after removing the standard inlet?

i know someone that did this but because the metal there is pretty thin it cracked (either due to overtightening or because it couldnt handle the movement of the engine?)

any better solution?

ITB'd MK1
you need an angled spacer. Also you really need to re-enforce where the bolt that would go into the lower inlet is now missing. I've made up brackets to take up this play, but they're always 1 off

any pics floating around to show what you mean danny?

or do you fancy making me a bracket? ;)

ITB'd MK1
got no pics, and it'd be a measure, cut, try, repeat process to make it. Could do, dont have a workshop of my own though and you're FAR

damn :(

could you explain in detail what the best solution is? do i make some sort of bracket that fits under the mount to spread the load? rather than it being concentrated on that piss thin piece of metal?

ITB'd MK1
the bit where the upper mount bolts to the pulley cover just needs a spacer with an angle cut on it then bolt it together.

the lower part of the pulley cover needs a bracket attaching that also bolts to the front of the head. A piece of angle iron with holes cut in the right place and a couple of nuts and bolts would do the job

right i think i get you danny (im studying a pic as i read it lol)

why the angle on the spacer? (apologies if thats a dumb question? lol)

ITB'd MK1
look at the bits you're trying to bolt together, you'll see why. It's angled underneath, you dont get it bolted up tight like that

ah that makes sense

sorry for the dumb questions, i'm nowhere near the car to have a look otherwise im sure i could work out what you meant :eek:

cheers danny :)

lol cheers :D

i'm a bit eager as everything i need to get it running has turned up this week, so all being well it might be out on the road this weekend (might even get to take it to croft on monday)

i don't fancy driving it on yorkshire's finest tarmac without that mount properly secured though :S