ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO rorrie

Mk2 Golf GTI

i left a post a while back about my vibe system, u sed :

the 6*9s arnt in you parcel shelf i hope!!! if so i would say take the 6*9s out or just disconnect them.

is it a problem having the 6x9s in the parcel shelf?i havent fitted them anywhere yet, still in the box due to laziness. i planned to make my own shelf out of mdf and trim it in acoustic carpet. is it something to do with them sharin the same airspace as the subs?

yeah mate, Not good when it shares the same airspace, two problems occur, when they mix together, the sub tends to steal the sound from the 6*9s, hard to explain, but it ruins the sound basically, uve gotta hear it to understand it! & the main problem is that the subs air movement can actually damage the cones of the 6*9s, so an easy solution to this if you want them in the shelf is to make small boxes for ur 6*9s and screw them to ur mdf, thats what ive done in my mates car, and the sound is crystal clear & no worries of damaging the speakers :)

hope that helps mate