ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO - Willy owners - Oil pressure.

Hello all,

Can anyone confirm the oil pressure levels from verious revs? Ive come from a clio 16v that has always had good decent oil pressure from all revs.. ie,

2 thirds indicated on the oil gauge from a cold start in the morning on idle, and say half full @ 60MPH - 70MPH on motorways. (4-5 Bar)

The williams seems to stay on "0" on idle, and doesnt even make half way @ motorway speeds (3bar)

This anything to worry about?

yeah it had an oil change. I know the gague is ok, cuz its the same one from my 1.8 - ive only had a new engine put in.

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

Did you say anything to nick about it?

Also what does it go like now;)? did u have it chiped as well?

My oil pressure is around the middle of the dial during standard driving.. moves up to about 2/3 - 3/4 when revving higher (on dual carriageway, etc).

Not sure what it is at idle, think its between the 1 and 2 though, Id have to go check.

Cheers clare, i think the sensor plugs into the sump... ill try cleaning - if no joy ill replace the pump. Its not worth pissing about with for £45 quid. Looks easy to fit aswell.

My pressure gauge reads between 0 and 1 all the time. I think the sensor is fooked as the car only has 55k on the clock and it only shows 1bar when the engine is stone cold!

I can live without the pressure gauge, but Im going to do it anyway. Where is it and how do I get it ou?

Cheers!