ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAQ: LEE F1 2011

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
No frame issues on my PC

Finding the game extremely difficult tho even with my logitech momo wheel. Guess I need to practice more!

I am finding it really easy, even got 0.036 secs of the world record at spa in the wet, so i am second in the world at spa in the wet!!

i am using a thrustmaster f430 wheel btw.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Anyone came acrosss the problem on Canada? You can be heading down the back straight and brake for the last chicane, if theres a car close behind going in the pits they just ram into the back of you as he obviously doesnt need to brake. Then you get penalised for blocking? WTF?

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
im abit undecided on this game to be honest the handerling has approved alot but i think its been ruined by wet weather i think its to slippery and the only way i can go round is with full traction on when im used ot having it fully off i think 2010 was more enjoyable and i think it will get traded in for forza4

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
I think the xbox pad could be the problem not being able to feather the power and the steering in any one want to buy it? Lol

Oil Burner
I'm playing on the wheel/pedals.

It seems like if you go into a corner, even a few mph too fast, boom your off.

Maybe the crappy Lotus though...

Well your in a Lotus - so a good race would be ahead of the other cars in the bottom 3 teams. Maybe ahead of a Williams. I've got it on expert atm and i am qualifying as the fastest new team car and sometimes just ahead of 1 of the midfield teams. I usually finish races about 15th, but i have to push so hard to stay there that normally my tyres are knackered.

There are a few little glitches and the penalties are defiantly a bit OTT, but i think its pretty much spot on. Although somehow less absorbing to play than 2010 - maybe its not a novelty having a decent F1 game now.

I am finding it really easy, even got 0.036 secs of the world record at spa in the wet, so i am second in the world at spa in the wet!!

i am using a thrustmaster f430 wheel btw.

I've got a logitech momo

To be fair to the game I have only played for about 30 mins and my wheel settings are probably all wrong

Two 0 Shitx
Physics are pretty good, but on pad it's pretty hard to steer chicanes accurately and i need full traction, onboard graphics are ok but the frame rate, other cars, certain parts of tracks are pretty poor and dissapointing tbh. Wish i could be arsed hooking the PS3 to my PC monitor and getting the G25 out.

M135i
Has anyone else been having ridiculously "clean" races?

I'm 5 races into a season on career mode with damage on, AI on professional etc... , and in all 5 races, everyone has finished.

No DNFs, no crashes, no safety cars, no incidents.

I'm enjoying the game, but this is kinda detracting from the fun to be honest. Where's the drama?

AG 200 cup
Has anyone else been having ridiculously "clean" races?

I'm 5 races into a season on career mode with damage on, AI on professional etc... , and in all 5 races, everyone has finished.

No DNFs, no crashes, no safety cars, no incidents.

I'm enjoying the game, but this is kinda detracting from the fun to be honest. Where's the drama?

Same here I'm on race 9 at silverstone and it's the same.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I've got a logitech momo

To be fair to the game I have only played for about 30 mins and my wheel settings are probably all wrong

wheel settings should all be 0% and steering linearity should be 40% i think

Golf R/Leon FR
I'm up to Spain in the career mode, with Lotus and I am struggling to get out of 19th in practice and qualifying. In race I can usually gain 2-3 places. I've just seen my brothers version on X-box and it looks loads better.

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
Can someone tell me how I change the AI setting??? When I first loaded the game I chose Legendary ... bit too difficult but I can't find how to change it again anywhere now!!! Its driving me nuts! (PS3) cheers

Golf R/Leon FR
On career mode it's where you click on practice before starting it. It'll bring up other things you can change like race length etc.

I'm up to Spain in the career mode, with Lotus and I am struggling to get out of 19th in practice and qualifying. In race I can usually gain 2-3 places. I've just seen my brothers version on X-box and it looks loads better.

I'm the same. It's hard with Lotus, I got a 9th finish in Melbourne but it was a complete fluke..

Sepang I went in the pits in 4th, did an out lap and ended up 20th lol

Can someone tell me how I change the AI setting??? When I first loaded the game I chose Legendary ... bit too difficult but I can't find how to change it again anywhere now!!! Its driving me nuts! (PS3) cheers

I don't think you can, I had to re-start the career to choose intermediate setting.. :(

Edit. I'm talking s**t then lol

Clio 182
I didnt think i could say this but this is worse than 2010! The only thing that i think has improved is the handling everything else is rubbish. Done 5 races now and as others have said no incidents was boring. Not sure how you can take a good looking game and make it look so bad.
Oh well maybe 3rd time lucky :)

Changed the AI setting to amateur, it so much easier than intermediate...

Too easy though, I've gone from finishing 23rd/22nd on hardest, to 20th/19th on Intermediate, to 1st and 2nd on easy....

Too much of a gap between the AI setting, although I'm loving the game. Playing on xbox and I've come accross no issues to speak of yet, other than when leaving the pits you always seem to go off when the computer hands over controll....

Goliath I
Had a good bash at the career yesterday, got to the second race qualifying, assumed I'd be ok with my time in heavy rain to take me into the second qualy only for it to start clearing up and dropping 15 positions lol

The main issue seems to be the graphics, maybe it was rushed out so not to be released at the end of season?

Bit disappointed in the depth of gameplay/challenges. There is only really career, grand Prix and timetrial. I was expecting a bit more tbh like challenges (e.g. Your Hamilton in 9th place, you've got 6 laps to make it to 3rd to win the championship)

Maybe stuff will get released as downloadable content...

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Yeah I found a massive gap with AI. TBF though, in a lotus or HRT you can only expect to come 16th or worse.

AK

M240i
It's weird how you guys are playing this and are happy with 15th etc.

When I play Forza (on the hardest settings) I die a little inside if I don't win, lol.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
It's weird how you guys are playing this and are happy with 15th etc.

When I play Forza (on the hardest settings) I die a little inside if I don't win, lol.

Its an F1 simulation though. totally different.

Listerine & Poledo
Its an F1 simulation though. totally different.

In that you can't just buy a car that's vastly better than everything else on track then dominate the field.... or spin off every other lap and still scrape a win.

Anyway, Geoff hammond GP is still superior. Pheonix, Estoril, Mexico City, proper Hockenheim.

Are there DLC's for the F1 franchise? Maybe with 'classic' track packs, or some 'classic era' cars.

Suzuki Swift Sport
Ive got this on the ps3, handling seems very good but the poor frame rate is doing my head in! It seems completely unacceptable in my opinion!

Goliath I
Forza and F1 are hugely different games.

Forza you simply jump into the best car you have and race, an evening you can knock out multiple races.

With F1 you have to learn every track, every corner... I will spend an evening doing one race, perfecting the set up, perfecting the racing line, perfecting every turn. That's what its all about, even then you can decide to risk doing one more lap only for your tyres to lose more grip than you anticipated and drop places. Its a simulation/strategy.​

Golf R/Leon FR
I have found it far too easy on Amateur and intermediate settings, professional is the best so far but will probably increase when I get a better drive than the Lotus. I finished Spain and ended up in 15th which was good.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I must have a dodgy PS3 copy if you cant see the framerate issues and the poor graphics - just go back to 2010 and compare the slick tyres..

No framerate issues that posed and problems for me and the graphics are equally as poor as 2010.

Goliath I
In that you can't just buy a car that's vastly better than everything else on track then dominate the field.... or spin off every other lap and still scrape a win.

Anyway, Geoff hammond GP is still superior. Pheonix, Estoril, Mexico City, proper Hockenheim.

Are there DLC's for the F1 franchise? Maybe with 'classic' track packs, or some 'classic era' cars.[/QUOTE]

This.

I was hoping there would be some form of challenges resulting in unlocking tracks/cars etc...

Listerine & Poledo
PS3 users get such poor support from the publishers.

All because it takes more effort to exploit the kit. If they put the time in, PS3 games would wipe the floor with X Box. Period.

But, as it takes time (and, thus, money) it would probably mean release dates would get pushed back and out of sync with other formats. Sony wouldn't want that and the publishing houses wont hold back a release that they need out quick to recoup their spend.

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
Cheers G4reth found it now.

I've found a good balance between Hard & Legendary on the AI....noticed about a 1.5/2 second difference.

I've playing on expert with a wheel and pedals(so no ABS,Traction,Line etc etc) and the best time I can get on Melbourne is approx 1:30.020. I honestly don't think I can get much more from the Lotus. Happy with it though but on Legendary I was 24th on the next AI down I am 19th (just in practice 3).

Yet to try qualifying and just finished P3.

The graphics don't bother me that much as when you're in a 50 lap race you forget about them....however I'm yet to experience the frame rate drop!

Evo 5 RS
I'm actually enjoying it playing with no assists bar ABS and traction control set to medium, AI on Pro. (360 pad)

Managed to qualify 14th in Malaysia

Suzuki Swift Sport
I'm actually enjoying it playing with no assists bar ABS and traction control set to medium, AI on Pro. (360 pad)

Managed to qualify 14th in Malaysia

I agree, dont see the point in playing a sim with the assists on, I do without all except abs on a ps3 with pad.

Just would be nice if the frame rate was better - I did try not signing into psn and it seemed to achieve a smoother frame rate! Dont know if this was just coincidence but I didnt get slow down in the same parts of the track (going past the pits in Melbourne)