ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAQ: LEE F1 2011

Clio182, 88'Scirocco
That set up is awesome.

I need a wheel ASAP I hate the controller its shocking. Like someone said side to side and its just poor. Seen a logitec for £90 wheel and pedals. Has great reviews as well.

What do people have?

Golf R/Leon FR
Finished Singapore last night in the Lotus, managed to get a great start from starting 19th. Was up to 6th after the first lap. managed to finish 4th which was pretty good, but I had to defend like crazy against Hamilton. This was still on professional on the PS3 pad, with TC on. Suzuka next which I hate.

Also have had some weird bugs crop up, when fast forwarding the timer in qualifying ot practice, it goes straight to the end and I get disqualified for no reason. Anyone else had this?

Toyota MR2
  m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
Does that steering wheel have force feedback dosent say it in the description unless I missed it

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG
Hmmmm, looks cheap and tacky but if its responds like a proper wheel and allows better inputs I'd have it

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Exactly my thoughts - I have a wheel for the Wii and hated it.

I've been told it's supposed to be very responsive ... for that price I'll probably give it a go.

Toyota MR2
Does that steering wheel have force feedback dosent say it in the description unless I missed it

"Under the bonnet dwells a “Bungee Cord” automatic centring system offering progressive resistance over a 270-degree angle, for a more immersive racing experience. The pedal base has not been neglected; it features a wide footrest, long-stroke accelerator pedal and a resistant brake pedal, for more precision. " Sadly I dont think it does. But I'm going to give it a go.

Golf R/Leon FR
Just started my 2nd season, got offered a contract from Force India. Finished 2nd in Australia after a good, hard battle with Vettel.

RS Clio 182
Just started my 2nd season, got offered a contract from Force India. Finished 2nd in Australia after a good, hard battle with Vettel.

How did you do in your first season? Im finding the difficulty just about right in the first season in the Lotus - having a good battle with the midfield teams in some races - just came 11th at the Nurburgring,after a great race with Kobayashi,his pace was better in some parts of the track but i managed to block him successfully most of the race - my best finish has been 5th at Valencia which i know is a bit unrealistic in a lotus hehe,my pace was the same as Massa....but that result will see me beat a lot of drivers in the standings and hopefully i can get an offer from someone like Williams.

Golf R/Leon FR
How did you do in your first season? Im finding the difficulty just about right in the first season in the Lotus - having a good battle with the midfield teams in some races - just came 11th at the Nurburgring,after a great race with Kobayashi,his pace was better in some parts of the track but i managed to block him successfully most of the race - my best finish has been 5th at Valencia which i know is a bit unrealistic in a lotus hehe,my pace was the same as Massa....but that result will see me beat a lot of drivers in the standings and hopefully i can get an offer from someone like Williams.

I'm on professional difficulty, I managed to finish 13th overall with 38 points. But 8 of those points came when I finished 4th in Malaysia on amateur difficulty. My best race finish was Singapore with 4th. But I have been qualifying around 17 -19th and finishing anywhere from 11th to 18th in races. Now I'm in the Force India I may have to increase the level as 2nd at Melbourne is a bit unrealistic. I did get a contract renewal offer from Lotus and other offers from HRT and Virgin which I declined. I got offered the FI job after Brazil.

Goliath I
I'm about 5 races in with braking assist off, tc on full and abs, with intermediate ai

Last 2 races qualified in top 5 and finish in top 10.

Decided to turn tc onto medium but damn its difficult to control with joypad. Might just up the ai instead although I would have rather increased the simulation.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Also have had some weird bugs crop up, when fast forwarding the timer in qualifying ot practice, it goes straight to the end and I get disqualified for no reason. Anyone else had this?

Yeah! I wondered what was going on!

Goliath I

Yeah I've had this. In one race I qualified 8th and it completely skipped the race and went straight to the first practice session in the next race. I quit out and checked the race result and had me finished in 8th place?

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Yeah I've had this. In one race I qualified 8th and it completely skipped the race and went straight to the first practice session in the next race. I quit out and checked the race result and had me finished in 8th place?

Race rained off?

Lee

BMW M2C
In case you guys aren't aware, we're working on a second patch to try and clear as many of the issues people have been reporting as possible.

It's great to hear how much people are enjoying the racing. :approve:

Lee

BMW M2C
No chance of a mid race save patch for 2011, that would require a large rewrite of a lot of areas.

Other race distances are looking good to be in the next patch.

Listerine & Poledo
Never mind, if it can't be it cant be.

Could it be tabled as in idea for 2012 please? If Goeff Crammond GP could do it back in '91, I'd imagine it must be possible now if it was coded in from the outset.

Lee

BMW M2C
It's been on the list for ages.

I really want it in, as that's how I played F1GP back on the Amiga.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Would be great. I would happily do full distance then, but dedicating 2 hours to it without a break is a big ask, and can get a bit boring without a break.

Listerine & Poledo
Awesome!

Yep, I used to do 100% on all sessions on GP on the ST. When you had 2 hours of practice and 2 hours of quali on Friday & Saturday, with an hour warm up on Race day.

As Craigus said, sitting down for 2 hours at a time can be quite a ballache for a 100% race. I bet Singapore regularly runs to time-limit on 2011!

Goliath I
Hope you enjoyed your holiday (I'm assuming that was the reason for your recent absence from CS)

Has work begun on the 2012 game yet? I only ask so we can put forwrd ideas... lol

Lee

BMW M2C
I can't go in to details about what's in the patch as some of it might not come off, but it's to address bugs and issues which people are reporting.

I did have 2 weeks off once we finished, the main reason I'd hardly been on here has been the hours I was spending on the game. At the peak I was doing 60 hour weeks.

We've got an eye on what we want to do next so feel free to make any suggestions.

Nothing at the mo :(
I can't go in to details about what's in the patch as some of it might not come off, but it's to address bugs and issues which people are reporting.

I did have 2 weeks off once we finished, the main reason I'd hardly been on here has been the hours I was spending on the game. At the peak I was doing 60 hour weeks.

We've got an eye on what we want to do next so feel free to make any suggestions.

as long as setup 11 11 is fixed il be happy