ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Far Cry 3

Nissan 350z
That 47min video above looks good. I wasnt really bothered about this but now ive watched that i deffinately plan on getting it.
Gunning down Tigers and skinning them to make bigger backpacks.... sign me up!

That 47min video above looks good. I wasnt really bothered about this but now ive watched that i deffinately plan on getting it.
Gunning down Tigers and skinning them to make bigger backpacks.... sign me up!

Yup. Far Cry 2 bored me half way through so I wasn't bothered about 3 until I watched that. Definately getting it now.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Mate of mine has this already and claims it could well be potentially the best game he's played, from the first 8 or so hours of gameplay.

Crumbs.

Evo 5 RS
The single player is supposed to be very good indeed. Ubisoft are on form this year. I'd say Assassins Creed 3 is my fav this year at least so far, that or Mass Effect 3 like

Not a 320d
Knew you'd take the bait. Ive not downloaded it, nor have I played it yet.

Ill buy it tomorrow when Im at work unless its released in Sainsburys today in which case I will buy it this evening, I want to try multi-player out. Hopefully this wont be as bigger waste of money as Black Ops 2 was.

No mate don't play Dayz anymore, got banned twice (ended up spawning weapons in because I got fed up with the hacking that was going on) so now Im waiting for the Standalone. Im more interested in Arma 3 however so we shall see what develops over the coming months. WarZ looks terrible.

Evo 5 RS
You got fed up with the hacking so you started hacking. Lol.

I knew it was for me, I just felt like letting you know anyway

Not a 320d
You got fed up with the hacking so you started hacking. Lol.

I knew it was for me, I just felt like letting you know anyway

Haha :) Much appreciated.

Yeah, I liked the game, but I couldn't be bothered to put 2-3 hours of effort in to getting kitted up, only to get transported or turned into a rabbit or killed in some other way. Plus running about on foot was demoralizing after a while.

Rented my own server and kept it locked or turned off, and just stashed loads of vehicles and weapons. Server hopped when I died, kitted up in my own server then back onto another server to start playing again.

A silver one
Question - Do I need to have played Far Cry and Far Cry 2 before thinking about playing this?

As you can obviously tell I haven't played either. If I'd gone straight into Uncharted 3 I wouldn't have understood Drakes back story, Modern Warfare 2 first and I wouldn't have known who Soap was, etc.

Will I be confused without playing those first or do they work as standalone games?

Not a 320d
I like it. it could be good. I like the fact you have to kill s**t to craft new stuff to carry more things.

graphics isnt bad either, but its hardly the best thing since sliced bread.

My 680GTX thing manages ok.

Doesnt take long to get an AK either - the pistol is crap.

Last edited:
  UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Where the hell is the underground cave I'm supposed to meet Daisy in?!

EDIT: Found it.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
It's AWESOME, intro was probably the best I've seen and it just gets better and better!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I've not died once yet, game of the year for me TBH, I can only see this getting better and better.

Roy, think the original Crysis map only a much bigger scale and true open-world with enemy AI that actually makes you run for cover!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
It's in a different league compared to 2, 2 they got very wrong, this they have got very right.

It's in a different league compared to 2, 2 they got very wrong, this they have got very right.

Yup. I've not done many missions yet - spent ages getting the radio towers.

The whole place feels absolutely enormous.

So far, so very good..

I had a quality crash before; went flying over a cliff on a quad bike at full speed, after whacking what I thought was a rock. Then I saw it flying down the cliff in front of me.

It was only when I surfaced from the river I landed in, that I saw a turtle crawling out onto the shore. If it could have stuck two fingers up at me, I think it would.

Not a 320d
You cant get many weapons can you?

MP5 with a silencer does most jobs very well. every other gun is crap. Still havent tried the Famas.

I've not died once yet, game of the year for me TBH, I can only see this getting better and better.

Roy, think the original Crysis map only a much bigger scale and true open-world with enemy AI that actually makes you run for cover!

Sounds impressive. What's the performance like on max settings? I'm pushin' i7 @3.8Ghz and GTX580 SLi - can I expect 60fps at 1920x1200?