ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Far Cry 3

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Still really enjoying this. Only thing that I wish was better was the co-op - even if you're playing it locally it feels like really poor online play. Wish there was a co-op mode that played exactly like the single player where you had to take over the camps, or something.

Evo 5 RS
Do you know how I do that?? Console or something?

I'll check tonight but I'm pretty sure it's just in the quality options.

I've only taken 7 or 8 camps so far, but once you get a silenced rifle, even doing it undetected is pretty easy. Feel like a boss. Imagine it gets harder as you progress, especially on the second island. One thing I have been struggling with is making espionage style landings with the para glider. I keep panicking, bailing too early and ending up in a heap. Then pecked to death by those glorified peac**k c**ts.

Last edited:

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Im on Max settings on my rig and the draw distance is annoyingly blurry, not had a google to see if you can change anything in the gamer profile.xml file, although that file is very useful for setting a useable mouse sens and other various bits and bobs. Had to get rid of that awful motion blur by putting Post FX to low, a few people are saying the game looks better with SSAO off.

Clio 172
I have just read the part of the thread where you all bought the game and I have decided I'm going to go and buy this. Sounds awsome and looking forward to playing it.

Evo 5 RS
Im on Max settings on my rig and the draw distance is annoyingly blurry, not had a google to see if you can change anything in the gamer profile.xml file, although that file is very useful for setting a useable mouse sens and other various bits and bobs. Had to get rid of that awful motion blur by putting Post FX to low, a few people are saying the game looks better with SSAO off.

Pretty sure Susan Boyle looks better with SSAO off too, doesn't mean you should

Clio 172
Just a quick question, there seem to be two versions of the game, anyone bought the version with the unlocks or did everyone get the standard version?

Any suggestions as to which one to buy?

BMW M4; S1000 RR
The characters in this game are brilliant, I'm normally a multiplayer nerd but Vaas is pretty cool to watch. And Buck cracks me up, your character answers him back and he just rolls off:

"I should cain you for that. I really should, but I won't.. I'll cain Keith instead. (your brother)"

Mega lols.

This game is mint.
I haven't had much time to play it recently, so I've just been taking over an outpost each time I play. Just been on it for a few hours, taken over a few more outposts, did some hunter missions, wanted missions, supply drops, The Lost Expedition, random wandering about, and I still haven't even come close to scratching the surface.

Love. It.

Evo 5 RS
It's true, only played 5 or 6 hours and it feels like I've done nothing. A lot of the side stuff gets quite samey, but it doesn't get boring, least not yet. Surf and Turf is great fun.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I will be honest I have lost some interest since completing the story but I'm at about 60-70% complete now.

Will probably get it finished slowly now when I fancy sneaking up on some camps etc.

Wingsuit is very handy now too as I can just run and jump of any cliff.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Wish Multiplayer had dedicated servers so I dont end up playing on someones calculator constantly, really annoying as it could be really good.

Last edited:
  Evo 5 RS
I will be honest I have lost some interest since completing the story but I'm at about 60-70% complete now.

Will probably get it finished slowly now when I fancy sneaking up on some camps etc.

Wingsuit is very handy now too as I can just run and jump of any cliff.

Tsk tsk, I never understand why people always rush through the quest before doing everything else. Bound to lose interest that way. Think you just learn to take your time as you get older lol.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I did do other stuff but I was loving the quest too much tbh. Whenever I went off to take some outposts and that I would just be thinking about what's next in the story so would go and do it.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Tsk tsk, I never understand why people always rush through the quest before doing everything else. Bound to lose interest that way. Think you just learn to take your time as you get older lol.

I went for loads of towers first to get some more gun varitiy then moved to camps and a few quests to unlock more skills, doing abit a time atm which seems to be working ok, still a good few hours left in it though!

Mk2 Ph2 172
I think I'm roughly half way though the story... But sided step it for awhile just doing a fee camps and towers might try a few side quests etc... Then get Back to the story

Pretty much have crafted everything I can until I do the side quest to craft the extra stuff !!!

Not string bored yet which is a surprise

I bought this for £22.49 yesterday in Game!

Played a few hours last night, I've done nothing in the way of the storyline, just hunting animals and collecting money so I can build up a decent arsenal before going off fighting. I've cleared the first camp, so I can move around pretty freely.

I love how insanely random it all is. I shot a bird, no idea why, but I shot it. Also a tiger pounced, unfortunately I had close to no ammo and was close to a river, so in the water I went, and the tiger didn't follow. Brilliant I thought, until I got eaten by a croc.

Clio 172
HAHA looking forward to playing it. DVD arrived today, contacted the seller on Amazon who is trying to state it didn't say next day delivery.....erm b****cks sonny.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Crocs and sharks FTL. Especially when you see a shark swim towards you when you're nowhere near the shore :(

Mk2 Ph2 172
The best way to kill sharks Is to get a boat with a gun on it and then go hunting, also kill them in shallow waters if low level ;)

Tigers, bears or leopards if you don't have lots of ammo go for a grenade or remote explosives well timed...

I personally don't go hunting without my rpg ;)

Octy VRS
Bears are c**ts. Tigers and leopards are ok with a few well aimed shots with the Magnum. I was pumping a bear last night with an assault rifle for ages and he still ripped me a new anus.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Gets the old heart going when you're running from a bear usually by the time you spin round and aim hes right in your face too.

Anyone done the one where you take out 3 leopards with arrows I imagine that to be hard but I nailed it by taking my time using animal instincts etc.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
At the end, I picked Save Friends, does the game go on any more if you choose pick Citra? Gutted that's it's over, lol.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Never mind decided to Youtube the endings...

What a total b**ch. lol

Evo 5 RS
Found a couple hours to knuckle down properly into this. Couple screen shots with all the whistles and bells enabled, not a bad looking game at all

Last edited:

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Never mind decided to Youtube the endings...

What a total b**ch. lol

Lol I chose the same ending as you and thought I had missed some missions from my choice too (the last 5 go mega quick).

I also went on youtube to see the other ending and was glad I chose the one I did lol.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Sucks there's no way of going back to play missions.

Want burn them weed fields again lol.
Edit- Just notice the comment by Vaas lol!

Last edited by a moderator:
  Clio 172
Two days solid playing, loving the game. Mr Scone what are the bells and whistle settings? have everything on ultra bit still not happy with the graphics

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Basically just everything on Ultra, and 8x MSAA. It's not bad considering. It's no Crysis though

Uses the same engine tho?! I still prefer BF3 graphics over Crysis 2, FC3 graphics are great minus the awful draw distance.