ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fastchip - No more Clio 2 downloads?

Stealth 438'd 182
nah company is fine mate henk is a really good tuner.. think he got alot of greif of some idots on the forum and i think he has chosen not to deal with clio 2s anymore...

172 cup, Impreza P1
I was trying to buy a new one from him and he doesn't reply.

Think I'm going to spend a bit extra and go for an aftermarket ecu as the mods I want won't be suitable for a rs tuner map.

Wouldn't be too keen buying one now seen as they don't support mk2's anyway.

172 Cup
Fastchip may not be supplying new tuners, but i'm sure that Henk is enough of a gentlemen to support currents users with unlock codes and rst and cal files.

It really is a great mod that i really hope doesn't disappear completely. Imagine how many mails Henk will get now, asking about the continuity of the tuner. Most forum users just want a simple mod that doesn't involve a custom map and a rolling road session a long distance from home. It was/is a clever product, a little updating of the website would have seen the clio 2 section continue for many years.

Even if i end up keeping mine, a few faults diagnostics done at home works out cheaper than using a Renualt CLIP.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
so basically u can buy a rs tuner second hand, then use the link on page 1 to download the maps and wont have to pay for them? or do u still have to pay for the license to unlock it first?

Stealth 438'd 182
I was trying to buy a new one from him and he doesn't reply.

Think I'm going to spend a bit extra and go for an aftermarket ecu as the mods I want won't be suitable for a rs tuner map.

Wouldn't be too keen buying one now seen as they don't support mk2's anyway.

seems like there is still enough interest for the product here on this site.. im in the same boat.. but an aftermarket ecu or custom map is probably too much for my mods at the moment =/

i would like all the diagnostic capabilities too...

172/1.2/E30
Don't know why people moan about lack of service/difficulties to find the right map. If you are not able to understand the system behind the software/cal numbers you better not reprogramm your ECU... With my dealings Henk was always spot on.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Don't know why people moan about lack of service/difficulties to find the right map. If you are not able to understand the system behind the software/cal numbers you better not reprogramm your ECU... With my dealings Henk was always spot on.

I certainly hope this is still the case, I can still remember speaking to Henk on the phone when I was making arrangements for the Groupbuy a few years ago.
Was very helpful, and had some good banter talking about this & that even though the calls probably cost us both a small fortune!

Highlighting how long it takes me to get round to fitting things to my car - the Mk2 version of the RS Tuner wasn't long out when I ran the groupbuy, and still haven't opened it! :slap:

clio 172
so basically u can buy a rs tuner second hand, then use the link on page 1 to download the maps and wont have to pay for them? or do u still have to pay for the license to unlock it first?
the way I see it you can use galleto or similar to upload the new ecu map. The license only allows you to use the RS tuner, but there are other ways to remap the ecu. If the map is generic, then you could even use the CLIP to remap the car i guess.

sounds frustrating but tbf mate i have seen your review before on other threads but the majority of people rate henk very highly indeed!

i dont think you can fault the product at all, seems like a very decent bit of kit with a great deal of functionality even if it is complicated to get to grips with to start off with!
im sure from henks point of view he must get 100s of the same questions on a daily basis must be frustrating for both parties!

I've never slated the hardware - it's fantastic.
The map is also great and I still run it today

I'm just sick of this argument - answering 100's of emails a day must be frustrating but if he created a SINGLE STICKY thread that had a table with engine code on the left and then software and cal to use on the right with download links - I bet he wouldn't get a single email except for new sales

Rob,

The equipment is good, you can really feel the results. The service is a little erratic, i could not get an answer about which maps to use, and tried politely for over a week. This was very frustrating.

Then i was helped by Riley, bought the maps online, downloaded them within 5 minutes and then within 48hrs received the CS discount and a refund of 20 euros.

This left me very confused about what to think:

Product works, maps are good, paying and receiving maps is good.
Communication is cryptic and doesn't answer what you are asking, if you are lucky to get a reply, the installation instructions are not great. All you need to know can be summed up in less then 10 lines of plain text.

It just needs a definative list on the Fastchip website saying which maps and ecu files are for which cars, covering all software variations. This will reduce the frustrating mails, lead to more satisfied customers and boost business. Surely everyone wins then?

Well said :)

the way I see it you can use galleto or similar to upload the new ecu map. The license only allows you to use the RS tuner, but there are other ways to remap the ecu. If the map is generic, then you could even use the CLIP to remap the car i guess.

I'm sure if Henk has half a brain cell he will have used a bespoke file structure for the maps - otherwise there would be no reason to buy the RS Tuner

clio 172
same think Ive always thought.. except you can map a car with the rs tuner and then take the map from the mapped car and that's an instant universal map, right? That is, 1 rs tuner is all takes to unlock all the maps.

Dont get me wrong, I have no intention of stealing henks work. Im guessing Henk realized some people were already stealing his work and removed the files for a reason.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
I'm going to "try" use mine this weekend lol hope I don't make a balls of it :D

Writing the maps to your car is really is tbh mate. Give me a PM if you get stuck on anything.

Regarding all the slagging off of Henk in this thread.

Henk is a really great guy who has put a lot of time and effort into the RS Tuner. Ive emailed him loads for help and he now helps me with mapping the cars myself. He is always fast at giving the unlock codes out and offering any help where i need it.

When emailing him, remember he is in a different country so a different time zone. He aint awake when we are.

Sam!

"Navy" N17 TWO
I certainly hope this is still the case, I can still remember speaking to Henk on the phone when I was making arrangements for the Groupbuy a few years ago.
Was very helpful, and had some good banter talking about this & that even though the calls probably cost us both a small fortune!

Highlighting how long it takes me to get round to fitting things to my car - the Mk2 version of the RS Tuner wasn't long out when I ran the groupbuy, and still haven't opened it! :slap:

^ I know lol

Cheers Sam! :cheers: