ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fastest 1.2 16v in the world!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Engles Mummy

Seriously, my 1.2 16v can shift like a slut.

I got a few friends which have the same car as me and no joke; I leave them behind easily. We are all about the same in driving skills, but some how my car just pulls away from them. I have even done a drag with a 1.4 16v, and still I left that behind.

I havent done anything to the car, apart from air filter. But I do thrash my car a lot maybe that has something to do with it?, any reaons why my car is a lot quicker then the others?

Oh and try keep the smart arse comments to a minimum!

Cheers, Adam

Remapped derv Golf

The MAD gene counts for about 100bhp! Ive had teenage nutters in 1.2 Corsas giving me a hard time. :oops:

Even if you blow them away on the straight they still come back for more! lol

Although Im pretty sure Freds is the fastest 1.2 16v in the club.

The 1.2s can shift for the engine size. Can keep up with 1.4 16v clios ok, if the other driver isnt that good/confident. Ive had well over the renaults say of how fast a 1.2 can go and mines completely standard engine wise

This is the only 1.2 Ive ever overtaken plenty of cars with. Other 1.2s Ive driven are the ones that are causing people to overtake

i think id agree, the 1.2 16vs are well sharp for such a small engine, have outdone a 1.8td astra van on the m3 not so long ago..... :D

Quote: Originally posted by Adamf on 05 September 2005

only since mine went to the big scrap heap in the sky :(

ran the same power as fred, just ran a very slightly quicker 1/4 mile time (by 0.007 seconds)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by Bryan on 05 September 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Adamf on 05 September 2005

only since mine went to the big scrap heap in the sky

ran the same power as fred, just ran a very slightly quicker 1/4 mile time (by 0.007 seconds)

Mine made more torque than both of you! and since torque is related to acceleration i win.

(Infinity, No return)

ST

Quote: Originally posted by Clarkie172 on 05 September 2005

i bet a punto sporting will nail u
I dunno about that matey, mate of mine has the 1.2 16v (86bhp) 6speed sporting.....it handles like an old women round the twisty bits, on the express way near mine i was behind him, top of 4th i edged past him then up to 5th i pulled about 4/5 car lengths........all depends on the driver though.

[Edited by 16vClio on 05 September 2005 at 12:22pm]

2005 Impreza WRX STI

lol the one i had only had an induction kit on it and it was pretty nippy! handled well on just spinggs 40mm. had a very unpredictable top end too! I was suprised. the 1.2 clios are nippy to tho i must agree!

cock mobile.

I certainly think the Punto Sportings give out more power. They can keep up quite happily with VTRs etc (until about 70-80).

But then I had one, so Im going to be a tad biased.

Octavia VRS

"my 1.2 is faster than yours" lol

for what it is the Clio 1.2 16v is a good unit, a couple of my mates had Punto 1.2 16v sportings and to me they seemed faster but they are producing about 10 more bhp. But they are built even worse than Clios

Engles Mummy

Even round corners the car does exceptionally well. A friend of mine also has a mg zr 1.4, up to 60 we are about the same, he gets to 100 quicker then me.

People dont expect much from a 1.2 16v, but it actually is a bit of a beast.

Where can i go to do a 0-60 time? I have done the old stop watch with a friend and got in the 10s.

Cheers, Adam

SC 172 FF

i remember wen i usd 2 have a rover 214 1.4 8v....my m8s 1.2 8v clio cud easily keep up with me and in sum cases over take me with no problems!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Ive started noticing a lot of new shape Corsas (usually 1.2s) that try to out-run the 182. They are the usual blob of black on the road - black paint, heavy-tints, smoked lenses - only the reg plate and Vauxhall badging stands out! ;)

Im just not sure why its the Corsas though. Maybe they think they have something to prove?!

D.

Octavia VRS

Quote: Originally posted by Darren S on 05 September 2005

Ive started noticing a lot of new shape Corsas (usually 1.2s) that try to out-run the 182. They are the usual blob of black on the road - black paint, heavy-tints, smoked lenses - only the reg plate and Vauxhall badging stands out! ;)

Im just not sure why its the Corsas though. Maybe they think they have something to prove?!

D.
haha I konw what you mean.....sounds like a neighbour of mines car

Engles Mummy

Doesnt matter what car i am up against, i am still going to try beat it lol. Most drivers have these flash, fast cars and dont know a thing about cornering. So when the straight bit of road ends and i am not a mile behind , the round abouts and corners normally go in my favour!

I also find my car runs a lot better at night, when its nice a cool.

i have a 1.2 with induction kit and echotech valve. when the valve is open it knocks out 0-60 in around 10 seconds. as apose to the standard 14.5. and thas with all my audio in the boot.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

PMSL! 1.2 FAST!!!!!! lol, I was pouring a cup of tea going down the hanger straight yesterday.

My best 1/4 mile was 18.045 at Crail...
0-62 in 11.76
Top speed 121Mph. "Hill Naturally

"Awaits Crail timing gear sl*ggin!!"

lol, should have seen some of the times at TRAX, that 0-60 was VERY generous.

ST

Quote: Originally posted by AJRMOTORSPORT on 05 September 2005

PMSL! 1.2 FAST!!!!!! lol, I was pouring a cup of tea going down the hanger straight yesterday.

My best 1/4 mile was 18.045 at Crail...
0-62 in 11.76
Top speed 121Mph. "Hill Naturally

Not half mate......

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Quote: Originally posted by blowyourride on 05 September 2005

i have a 1.2 with induction kit and echotech valve. when the valve is open it knocks out 0-60 in around 10 seconds. as apose to the standard 14.5. and thas with all my audio in the boot.
PMSL! I actually just fell off my chair!!!!!!!!!!! You got a 15p Resistor i mean Superchip from eBay too!

ST

Quote: Originally posted by blowyourride on 05 September 2005

PMSL! I actually just fell off my chair!!!!!!!!!!! You got a 15p Resistor i mean Superchip from eBay too!
Probs got boost and nitros too sir! :p

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Have crail been saving up? Timing gear??? That bloke with the sextant and the abacus seemed ok to me.

Dont even start with trax, some of those times were erm... well, just wrong.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Ibiza non curpa 7.1sec!!!! Aye ur arse! and the cup with about 15m worth of wheelspin 6.81s

Yep theyve got a stop watch now.

VaVa

When I drive my missus 1.2 16v and my mate has his birds 1.2 punto, his is deffo quicker. Its all down to momentum in this little engines though. And you need a fair bit of testicular fortitude also. lol.

Quote: Originally posted by Darren S on 05 September 2005

A kid round my way has a corsa exactly as you have described, he used to try it on all the time with my valver, i knew it wasnt that quick as id always leave him miles behind, a quick rac chech said it was a 1.2 !!!
i stop taking the bait when i found that out !!

when i had my old fiesta 1.1 ghia that used to do most things round the bends, as it was sooo slow i just used to keep my foot planted in the floor all the time (it did have xr2i alloys on it & used to stick like sh*t to a rug)
oh the memories of having a slow car !!!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by badinvincible on 05 September 2005

"One mississipi, two mississipi...."
That was oldskool crail timing. Then they gave the guy the abacus

Mazda MX5 1.8

Quote: Originally posted by Nightfire on 05 September 2005

Was on track at fcs lol I know there was a 1.2 that was lapping a few people, no idea how though LOL
was it blue and stripped out? if so....... god knows how he did it!! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.