ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fastest MK1 172 , MK2 172 or Cup

Hi guys, I am a new member. As far as I know, MK1 172 is faster than MK2 172. This is also true for Clio Cup. How about MK1 against Clio Cup, anyone has experience?? I havent tried my MK1 against a MK2 either, so experience about MK1 and MK2 comparison also welcome :) Thanks...

please shut the FU*K up before world war three kicks off asking a question like that will start a very bad argument so please dont !!!

OK OK sorry :) Just searched for the words in the forum before writing but maybe missed out that its all too sensitive. Never mind :D

<Puts sh*t stirring hat on>

Anyway, a 172 actually only has 162bhp...

<Takes hat off and runs away fast>

CTR EK9 turbo

my my my my.....errrrm......my alarm goes off at more annoying times than yours!

(off to bed now - but when i wake up tmw and check this itl be 7 pages long no doubt!)

williams and trophy

aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

but yours has a kill power sticker on the back....that must slow it down some lol

williams and trophy

lol u fukka

yeah but yours was running dangerously...........dangerously close to mine at speed lol

cost me a tenner to get him to say that lol

u wanna see my timing slip?

williams and trophy

well mate all i can say is that its the opposition u line up against lol.

apart from a couple of mistakes made by me i reckon i could have got that low a lot sooner....lining up against a 1927 single seater yank hill climber with a 90 year old driver doesnt exactly give u the competitive edge lol

Alfa Mito 155TB

lets be clear

Cup drivers think they are urban worriers without enough cash to upgrade to a 172.

172 mk1 looks like a jelly mould

172 mk2 looks better and .3 slower than cup

williams and 16v are rapidly max powered

results in performance depends on the drivers etc

Just had to add to that last post - a mk1 172 looks like a jelly mould?? :p

I thinks its down to oppinon at the end of the day... and its faster. ha ha

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

lol @ jelly mould comment..

let just stick to "clios" are the best cars ..mmkay..

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Quote: Originally posted by Simon172 on 28 April 2003

jelly mould it may be, but at least it doesnt look like its had its foreskin pulled back over its face!

LOL :eek::D

Im gonna put some go-cart wheels on mine so I should fly like the wind!

Clio v6

When you have all stopped bitchin about the Mk1 & the Mk2;)

Ooops sorry forgot to mention the feather weights. " My petrol is lighter than yours"

Well Im going put lighter fuel over your Cup just to see how fast is burns compered to a 172. So there Na Na Na Na Na Na.:p

Oh now theres an idea for a new topic ... I toasted a Cup last night LOL

i would like to say. the mk1 16v is the fastest of all.... any arguements please come back after uve raced nick read... thank you

:cool:

Clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by geordiepaul on 28 April 2003

I LOVE THEM ALL EQUALLY

But I love the V6 a little more, I hope youll allow me that :D

Yes OK Ill allow you that, but which V6, the Old crappy one or the New soon to be crappy one:D

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Quote: Originally posted by dash on 28 April 2003

Quote: Originally posted by geordiepaul on 28 April 2003

I LOVE THEM ALL EQUALLY

But I love the V6 a little more, I hope youll allow me that :D

Yes OK Ill allow you that, but which V6, the Old crappy one or the New soon to be crappy one:D

I LOVE THEM BOTH DASH