ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FCS Notts/Derby Convoy Thread

So with FCS just over a week away, should we get a convoy sorted out or are people not bothering with it being just down the M1 for us?!

I'm from Eastwood way, so anyone coming from that way, or coming from J27+ (so maybe tie it in with the Yorkshire lot), you're more than welcome to convoy down with me either way (i'm sure Syn0b and Weo will be driving down with me too).

Thoughts?!

Not totally sure yet dude. Gates open at 7am iirc, but I dunno whether everyone will be massively enthusiastic about getting up at stupid o'clock again when it's on our doorstep.
Ill see whats happening with the Yorkshire lot and whether they'll be doing and convoy, to try and tie it in with them.

340i
I assume our local area rep should organise something....

;)

As you said Paul, we all live so local I don't know if it's worth organising a convoy?

Do your job then ;) LOL.

I wouldn't mind a little convoy. I suggested to Feirny that we all meet them at the Teversal services (isn't that J25ish?!) and have a big convoy down, rather than just having about 3 cars reppin' the EM area.

340i
Do your job then ;) LOL.

I wouldn't mind a little convoy. I suggested to Feirny that we all meet them at the Teversal services (isn't that J25ish?!) and have a big convoy down, rather than just having about 3 cars reppin' the EM area.

Or Trowell, just past jct26 South bound.

Could be a plan having a mini convoy down there... What time you planning to arrive at FCS?

I honestly don't know lol. Was going to see what the masses are planning. Don't think many will be getting there for the 7am opening. On the flip side, I don't want to get there that much later on, so that we have to endure massive queues.

Inferno 225 cup
I honestly don't know lol. Was going to see what the masses are planning. Don't think many will be getting there for the 7am opening. On the flip side, I don't want to get there that much later on, so that we have to endure massive queues.

Their is going to be lads from all over turning up with the idea of missing the big ques, so prob best to set off early ish.

R14 CUP
I'm just gonna drive down I think, I'm gonna be joining the M1 near hucknall / annesley I'd imagine. If that's before the convoy, I'll join in though.

Nissan 350z
I think we should exploit how close we are to the venue rather than rocking up at 7am and nothing starting until later in the morning. Plus lie-ins are awesome :)

Is there a limit on how much time they allow you access to the club parking before its too late?

BG 182 FF
What time you going to be at j27? And can you buy club passes on the day does anyone know?

Not sure which way to go to FCS from my house. I know previously they have stopped people turning right across the road to get access to ease congestion.

Anyone know if they're doing that on Sunday?

Nissan 350z
Have any of you seen the venue in person? My mate told me the place is a mud bath from Download last weekend and from the pictures ive found on the net im inclined to believe him. I dont fancy getting stuck in a field when it continues to tip it down on Saturday like they did.

On the plus side hes now set for free beer for a while thanks to all their left overs during cleanup lol.

Last edited:

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Hi, I'm a new member from South Normanton, jct 28 M1. Is a convoy going ahead then or not?

The EM Notts/Derby "Poor Attempt At A Convoy" Time

People that are wanting to convoy down with JamieG and I, please get to J27 island for 7:15am (we will be meeting in one of the lay by's just off the roundabout - Dakota side).

We plan to get to Donnington for around 8am.

Let us know if you are wanting to join us, so we know whether to expect you. Drop me a PM or post in here, if you're not sure about anything.

:)

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
I'll be there!

I'm on the clio197.net clubstand so i'm going to meet up wtih some of them at the Days Inn Donnington Hotel en route, just waiting to find out times from that lot too.

clio1.6 16v
Im driving down early on the morn so guess I could make it for 7:15 at J27. Will keep my eye out for you but thinks you will be easy to spot. Am looking forward to FCS this year cos I was starting to get bored with the whole Rockingham experience. Also we might just get away with the weather. Fingers crossed!

Right ok, just so that I/we know who to expect, here's a list so far of people that are defo gonna be at J27 at 7:15am:

1. Me (Harpham)
2. JamieG
3. Chrisgti6
4. 16v-Ben
5. Jacob (cannae remember his username - possibly with a couple MeganeSport owners)

Don't be late ;).

Ph 2 Clio172
Hi, im a recent new club member. would you mind me rolling down with you boys, im in Nottingham so i can get to JCT 27 for that time. cheers. Adam

Yeah, you can get them on the gate, but you can't get onto the ClioSport stand iirc.

Weather best be alright in the morning. I want to give it a QD wipe down before setting off to get rid of any water spots from this shitfaced rain. Lol

1. Me (Harpham)
2. JamieG
3. Chrisgti6
4. 16v-Ben
5. Jacob (cannae remember his username - possibly with a couple MeganeSport owners)
6. Adzi_172
7. Feirny
8. nixiej

Not gonna be a bad convoy afterall (more than 1 for the EM region is good tbf :rasp:).

Last edited by a moderator: