ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FCS Track Footage

Renaultsport Clio 200 Cup
Hey guys,

Great day out, waiting for the comments on the bonnet wrap... ;) was on the Clio197.net club stand this time.

Managed to film my time on track, had a real blast with that Evo... overall I was a little surprised (don't know why..?!) at how the 200 performed, was such good fun.

Was pulling 125+mph off the home straight and that banked bit is unbelievable, the lateral g-forces there at that speed are unreal, thought the tyres were gonna peel off the rims..! And then the hard braking into that hairpin, wow... might have to consider a disc and pad upgrade, Brembo's or no Brembo's..!

Spent too much time in 2nd I think, should've trusted third a bit more but next time. Pretty much was on the rev limit the whole way round and stuffed a few changes up..!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNNWHMPzpJg

That white golf was mental... they had their own garage in the pit lane... when it steamed past me & the Celica GT-Four I was doing about 120mph..!

I reset the trip computer just before we set off, and in the 9 minutes and 5-ish laps the Clio did a whopping 11.8mpg

Cheers
- Andy

Evo 8 MR
I was in second most of the time too, pointless changing up to third only to change back down soon as you get through the apex.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
125? What's that smell!

125 is mightily 'impressive'.

I was there in February running the circuit which takes you through turn 4 flat out and then up to the chicane on this inside of turn 1.

In my 172 Cup, running flat in 4th through turn 4 I only managed to reach 115 before turning into the turn 1 chicane.

Renaultsport Clio 200 Cup
If you listen at around 6:02 in you'll here me go into 5th and then a the end of the straight drop down 3 gears into 2nd for the hairpin left... was hellishly scary stamping on the anchors I can tell you..!

Peugeot 106 Rallye ITB'd.
you 125 is hugely optimistic. i was passenger in the Red 106 Gti Turbo. 280bhp at the wheels stripped the f#ck out too, and it put the power down extremely well and we got 120-125 at the end of the straight going into the bend.so im not sure your being truthful.

b/g 182, meg tourer
no i didn't see you either! where were you hiding?
im not sure how much its running, i think its about 220 / 230 bhp. its a standard ed30 engine and turbo, just mapped, kw coils, r888's and a skilled driver. he used to compete in mk2 golf racing, he came first over all last year :) took a year out from competing this year tho.