ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fcuk'd megane underside (pics)

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
One of my jobs 2 day came in, looked at the job car "emissions light on and rattle from exhaust, as i was walking up to the car i thought great theres the fault, 02 sensor loom was hanging down, torn apart.

Got it in, sent her up on the ramp and discoverd this, i was like "wtf" so was every1 else.

DSC00122.gif

DSC00123.gif

Went and spoke to the bloke, and showed him the damage, he said "oh yea thought i heard a big bang on the motorway last night"

Straight clean cut down the centre of the subframe, hole in chassis leg, dented cat, destroyed undertray and wire torn hanging down every where, Nuts!

god nose how or what he hit??

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
how the f**k have they done that?? was he playing dukes of hazard by any chance lol

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
yer i dont really understand it, looks like a big ass blade came outa the motorway. imagine the noise that must have made. these subframes are solid heavy fukers aswel, i could stick 4 fingers in the hole in the chassis

I did a very similar thing in my 225 when I hit a drain cover at Bedford. The subframes aren't as strong as people think.

Cheers
M

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc
I done in a subframe before on a DCi Clio i owned.

They really arent as strong as people think. I Hit a kerb trying to avoid crashing and the wishbone bent the subframe in.

£350 and several hours stuck under the car with my father and it was as good as new although it was an absolute ballbag of a job to do without a lift.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lol they aren't strong tbh. They are designed to be light compared with other subframes.