ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Federal RS-R

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
There's a few threads around about them but my concern is how good they will be for normal road driving when its damp or raining. How is the feedback when its wet?

Obviously if there's standing water its time to slow down.

Mental 172 Cup
If you drive to the conditions they seem to be fine.. No worse then a mid range (Conti) tyre.. I loved them on the road personally :)

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
That's good then. Tbh I do that with any tyres but on my daily I do run tyres specifically for wet weather seeing as we get so much of it.

With the Clio being a cheap, fun 2nd car I can't see the harm in fitting a set. I was leaning towards more of a road biased performance tyre but I might go the other way and get the Federals.

Worst comes to the worst I get a 2nd set of wheels with some rainsport 2s at £33 each for the road.

172 Cup & K20 Ph1
Yeah, absolutely useless in the snow...

In the rain they're not great, I wouldn't put any faith in them on the track in the wet but that's my experience

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Yeah, absolutely useless in the snow...

In the rain they're not great, I wouldn't put any faith in them on the track in the wet but that's my experience

Never had a problem in the wet, very predictable no issues.

Ph2 Clio 172
They don't like standing water, but then no track tyres do really.

But other than that they are fine. I've tracked them in the wet and had plenty of predictable grip, and lift off oversteer on demand when wanted :). And done loads of road driving too and they are fine so long as you avoid the puddles.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
When you book a track day the one element you cannot control is the weather.

For me any muppet can pedal it on a fine day add some rain & this is where the fun for me really is ;)

Clio 172
Driven them on track in the dry and the very wet, been fine all times. Obviously they take alot longer to get warm in the wet but never had an issue with them including doing Llandow underwater with Burpspeed.